Society/Culture Feminism part 1 - continued in part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why ask a question if I just answered it? Do you have a problem with comprehension?
No problem with comprehension, I just was wondering if you had actively considered what you typed before you hit 'post reply', and give you the opportunity to retract your comment if it was in error. As it appears you do hold this view, can I ask if a straight man, calling a gay man a pansy/******/NTTAWWTter, would or would not, in your view, be an attempt at shaming?
'Mangina' not being common use is nothing more than your opinion. Claims and opinions do not equate to 'backing up'.
It is a lot more than my opinion, in my experience I have found it is not in common use. I had not heard it used in the context MRA extremists use until I came across your contributions on this site.

I know women hate each other, but they unite to fight a common foe when it involves issues with men.
You are so confused.

If you really want to assert your male dominance, just curl into a ball and the women will think they have done you in. Then they will turn on each other and afterwards you can spring up and become supreme ruler of the wreckage.

It is a lot more than my opinion, in my experience I have found it is not in common use. I had not heard it used in the context MRA extremists use until I came across your contributions on this site.

Your experience adds the same amount of weight toward backing your view up as claims and opinions - nothing - for your experience is subjective. Your not having heard of the term is neither here nor there.

None of my gaming mates are showing off their new copy of Zombicide in order to attract women, you can be sure of that.
But if a man ends up not being a very good at Zombicide (or whatever else his mates might value) ultimately it doesnt really bother him. However if he is incapable of attracting women, or if when he does, he fails at providing for her financially he takes that very seriously. Hence high rates of male suicide.

You are so confused.

Feminism doesn't exist, and laws that favour females over males are being protested by women en masse with street rallies and effigy burnings calling for an end to such discriminatory practices.

If you really want to assert your male dominance, just curl into a ball and the women will think they have done you in. Then they will turn on each other and afterwards you can spring up and become supreme ruler of the wreckage.

You're trying too hard, Chief.

But if a man ends up not being a very good at Zombicide (or whatever else his mates might value) ultimately it doesnt really bother him. However if he is incapable of attracting women, or if when he does, he fails at providing for her financially he takes that very seriously. Hence high rates of male suicide.
In another one of these threads, perhaps this one, it was claimed that high rates of depression in women (and their higher rate of suicide attempts) were as a direct result of the breakdown of traditional gender roles.

I call bullshit on the claim for both sexes.

The fact that the term is in common use and the term is found in a common use dictionary.
You mean the Urbandictionary, which anyone can contribute to?

Does this mean I've added to the lexicon when I've submitted definitions to mock friends? I feel like Shakespeare.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It really is a ridiculous argument, that if a word appears in a dictionary it is in 'common use'.

Setting aside that you are relying on urban dictionary where anyone can post a word, if it appeared in a credible dictionary it would not mean, by itself that it is a word in common use. I am sure that most dictionaries contain the word zygapophysis - that doesn't make it a word in 'common use'

In another one of these threads, perhaps this one, it was claimed that high rates of depression in women (and their higher rate of suicide attempts) were as a direct result of the breakdown of traditional gender roles.

Women's happiness has decreased relative to men's from 1972 onwards.

http://journalistsresource.org/studies/society/gender-society/paradox-declining-female-happiness

Any single man "banging broads" (thanks Chieftain) in the current dating scene will attest to this.

Since it's all men who are competing for women, given my kind are all material focused, I can stop going to the gym, stop eating healthy and stop making myself look pretty just to leave the home.

If there is a beneficial treatment given to women who are attractive it's given by men. Men favor attractive women, who is creating that?

Are men manipulating women to look better in order to succeed or are women manipulating men's primitive sections of the brain by turning them on in order to succeed?

I don't really take the field of psychology as one that should be listened to. Every extra DSM defines more of what it is to be human as an illness.

Any single man "banging broads" (thanks Chieftain) in the current dating scene will attest to this.
You were banging broads in 1972?

one claim doesnt refute the other.

Indeed. It's a dictionary, in part, for common use terms.
I find it endlessly amusing that a bloke who lives his life as strictly defined by thousand year old scriptures chooses to use a non-authoritative source as a dictionary so as to suit his argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back