Injury Fev & Brown Out

Remove this Banner Ad

How much faith have we got in our medical / fitness department now. Brown out for 4-5 weeks, just 8 weeks too late. (Along with the continued enormous number of injuries year after year and 3-4 golden staph infections, and a team that is clearly the slowest in the competition.)

Believers, faithers, yes men, sycophants, club fluffers (I just came up with it and I love it) - explain this one..............

How much faith have we got in our medical / fitness department now. Brown out for 4-5 weeks, just 8 weeks too late. (Along with the continued enormous number of injuries year after year and 3-4 golden staph infections, and a team that is clearly the slowest in the competition.)

Believers, faithers, yes men, sycophants, club fluffers (I just came up with it and I love it) - explain this one..............

this part of the failure equation is the most scary.
you have a work-place that can cause death or at least serious injury.

Re Lionroars post:

....and that is NOT an exaggeration!!....there is definately a common denominator somewhere...they just have to find it..or will they hide their heads in the sand and say it is just a coincidence..

I'm not completely against tanking at this stage. But the problem is why would players like Brennan and Rischitelli want to stay at the Lions if they did win the spoon?

Horrible news TBD!

backline has been decimated.

Forward line is now decimated.

Midfield is ageing.

Might be worth putting some $$ for brissy to finish bottom now.

On the plus side - we can get some games into our youngsters

I'm not completely against tanking at this stage.

I am not against giving youngsters a go, but I will not in anyway support a coach who seeks to lose games. We are not Melbourne or Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aah now Vossy claims that he pushed Brown too hard!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/96701/default.aspx

About 5 weeks too late Vossy.

This article really does imply that our medicos are way off the mark, as Vossy would have been acting on their advice.

Sack em! off with their heads!

Carlo I don't think Voss said anything of the kind. A sub editor has made that headline up. There is one question in the entire item concerning Browns injury.

Headline reads We pushed Brown too hard: Voss

Jonathan Brown was playing at 90 per cent fitness for a few weeks there. Do you think he was played for a bit too long while he wasn’t 100 per cent?
Probably. Certainly his initial program changed from what he was originally doing and then we went down a path that made some good ground quickly. When he made some ground that looked promising. But then he hovered for a couple of weeks and because of that it clearly showed he needed a rest to be able to recover. There is probably a fair element to suggest that we took a couple of weeks longer than what we perhaps should have but we had to make the call on the information that was in front of us.

i think the key tone that he has is that he regrets the way the situation was handled over the last few weeks.
Given the time again i reckon Vossy would have stepped in a bit earlier.
Thats how i interpreted it anyway

I'm not completely against tanking at this stage. But the problem is why would players like Brennan and Rischitelli want to stay at the Lions if they did win the spoon?

Rischitelli was reported as saying that he loves being at the Lions and loves being coached by Vossy.

Big bucks being thrown at Brennan but he is reported as saying he is enjoying being more of a leader at the club.

And if we do win the spoon after this horror season (highly unlikely) well.. we survived the 98 spoon OK.... all that would really matter is we would get pick 4 in the draft.

We arent going to win the spoon, thats ridiculous.

Weve got probably 2 to 4 wins left in us this year, given our matches to

come, which puts us way over where Richmond, Adelaide or West Coast could

possibly get to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back