Game Day Footscray vs Bombers 12pm whitten oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Great pics. Poor bastard.
Judging from the photos, you would've been standing right near my old man and I.

Agree on all points. Teddy and Charlie are setting up an assault for our next finals campaign.

I was standing near the gate to get on the ground in front of the pound....reckon you were right beside me??

I was standing near the gate to get on the ground in front of the pound....reckon you were right beside me??
Yep, Bulldogs beanie and waterproof hoodie and old Forges scarf. My old man was the guy with the hat leaning on the fence. I probably chatted to you without even realizing, my apologies.

We should all get badges or something!

Yep, Bulldogs beanie and waterproof hoodie and old Forges scarf. My old man was the guy with the hat leaning on the fence. I probably chatted to you without even realizing, my apologies.

We should all get badges or something!

Yep, was literally right beside you... Had my daughters boyfriend next to me with his camera as well... Sorry man, had no idea.. Not sure about badges although I'd go a BF beanie??

I'm guessing you were one of the two guys with the telephoto's then?

Got down for my first VFL game today, was fantastic just loved the atmosphere. ******* terrible news about Clay, didn't even see him go off, but * me that sucks. Hope like hell its not an ACL but it doesn't sound good. * :(

Yep, the much older, bigger (fatter) of the two...where were you?
You were the older, balder, fatter one?

I'm sorry. You're not balding!

Yep, the much older, bigger (fatter) of the two...where were you?

Spent the 3rd quarter at the top of the stairs directly behind you. Took note of the gear you were using, then moved back to my spiritual home on top of the hill behind the goals at the Geelong road end for the last. Although I don't remember lounging on grass back in the day.

Wait so has anyone confirmed its an ACL for Clay? Please for the love of god be anything else, just such bad news for the kid :( he may be a freak who recovers from injuries like they're nothing but surely if he did it again he'd have to have a very lengthy lay off and next year would already be pretty much a write off, again. Must be devastating for him.

EDIT: This is all I can find on it "The Western Bulldogs are hopeful that talented youngster Clay Smith has avoided a second anterior cruciate ligament injury in Footscray’s 53-point thrashing of Essendon at Whitten Oval on Sunday.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/acl-fe...-clay-smith-20140720-zv206.html#ixzz3815wqFJH"

Obviously not much to go off but who knows he might just have tweaked it a bit without full blown rupturing it, even if its a less serious injury straight into the cotton wool for the year and at least he'd have a full preseason and come out flying next year.

Whereabouts were you Fossie?
Come say hello at the next one.
Think I was the only person at the ground with a flag if you saw one. Was next to the guy standing at the bottom of the stand in the first quarter then went to the Geelong Road goals and kept swapping ends to witness more Jones speccies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a completely underrated note, I was talking to someone who talks to Maple regularly. Maple says that they could have won a couple more matches than they have, but he's been ordered to leave certain players in certain positions and not move them, of course referring to the young players. No names were mentioned, but I'd wager he's talking about guys like Roberts and Redpath.

On a completely underrated note, I was talking to someone who talks to Maple regularly. Maple says that they could have won a couple more matches than they have, but he's been ordered to leave certain players in certain positions and not move them, of course referring to the young players. No names were mentioned, but I'd wager he's talking about guys like Roberts and Redpath.
most likely development role
or allowing someone else to try and take over

Are you sure? He didn't look anywhere near even VFL standard imo.
When I've seen him play he's been pretty impressive in ruck contests, but not so much elsewhere. He's had a pretty good year in the VFL regardless. Can't do much other than contest the ruck and throw his weight around a bit but he doesn't get smashed in the ruck often.

Seems like Campbell is smashing it in the tapouts every week. But I have a question for those who get to watch the VFL: how many (what proportion) of Campbell's taps are to advantage or result in a Footscray clearance?

That, after all, is the objective of contesting a hitout.

Seems like Campbell is smashing it in the tapouts every week. But I have a question for those who get to watch the VFL: how many (what proportion) of Campbell's taps are to advantage or result in a Footscray clearance?

That, after all, is the objective of contesting a hitout.
More often than not his taps are to advantage. He reminded me a lot of Scottie Wynd with the way he found some of our mids yesterday and really all year. The good news is Ayce is surprisingly good at that also, just doesn't win it as much as big Tom.

i was there and i am just wondering, where howard and cordy playing? cordy played forward all day ball being pumped in there and only takes 1 mark? he dropped so many easy mark how long can we keep going with this reject for?

i was there and i am just wondering, where howard and cordy playing? cordy played forward all day ball being pumped in there and only takes 1 mark? he dropped so many easy mark how long can we keep going with this reject for?
Obviously Cordy was playing :p But you're right, very worrying. He dropped nearly everything that came his way, including a few sitters that even I could probably mark.

Howard was playing, didn't do much.

Obviously Cordy was playing :p But you're right, very worrying. He dropped nearly everything that came his way, including a few sitters that even I could probably mark.

Howard was playing, didn't do much.

Must have been another thread, but I thought read yesterday somebody saying Cordy went OK. Or was that just in the hit outs (not resting forward)?

But the above post suggests he wasn't playing ruck at all.
Can anyone clarify?

Must have been another thread, but I thought read yesterday somebody saying Cordy went OK. Or was that just in the hit outs (not resting forward)?

But the above post suggests he wasn't playing ruck at all.
Can anyone clarify?

He was just ok Dogwatch, his ruck work was good. Not sure what the opposition was like , suspect not much chop.
But he has got very good mobility and can do some great things. The bad news is he can't take a mark to save himself. I can see him playing VFL again next year unless all of a sudden he jumps out of the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back