Opinion Chris Scott's coaching - Part 1 [closed, see Part II]

Will Chris Scott see out his contract until the end of 2017?

• Yes

Votes: 79 79.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 21.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had this issue of being unable to stop opposition momentum when we were a better side than we are now. It isn't going to get better until the team matures. It's frustrating to watch though.

I don't follow...
Even though we were feeling optimistic after beating the Pies last weekend, we got a reality check when we played a better quality hardened outfit like the Swans.
Yes, the same team that walloped us last year by 110. We played them with about 10 team changes, a thin midfield, lost our most important forward before the ball had even been bounced, lost our BOG-in-the-last-2-weeks midfielder not long after 1/2 time and we still hung in there till around 3/4 time, despite fading in that 3rd quarter.

It was very disappointing to see the team structures fall apart in the second half but the pressure the boys applied in the first half was great and the pressure that was sustained in our forward half was good for almost the whole game. Had we made more of some of those chances in front of goal in the second half, I'd say most of us wouldn't be feeling nearly as flat as we feel right now.

Even though we were feeling optimistic after beating the Pies last weekend, we got a reality check when we played a better quality hardened outfit like the Swans.
Yes, the same team that walloped us last year by 110. We played them with about 10 team changes, a thin midfield, lost our most important forward before the ball had even been bounced, lost our BOG-in-the-last-2-weeks midfielder not long after 1/2 time and we still hung in there till around 3/4 time, despite fading in that 3rd quarter.

It was very disappointing to see the team structures fall apart in the second half but the pressure the boys applied in the first half was great and the pressure that was sustained in our forward half was good for almost the whole game. Had we made more of some of those chances in front of goal in the second half, I'd say most of us wouldn't be feeling nearly as flat as we feel right now.
Agree with all that. Just didn't understand the comment above in response to the "momentum" issue. Never mind.

We had this issue of being unable to stop opposition momentum when we were a better side than we are now. It isn't going to get better until the team matures. It's frustrating to watch though.

Frustrating yes, but a sign on inexperience.
I recall the same issues 2001-2003.
Of course funnily enough people wanted Thompson sacked after those years aswell...

Frustrating yes, but a sign on inexperience.
I recall the same issues 2001-2003.
Of course funnily enough people wanted Thompson sacked after those years aswell...
I think it's more than inexperience because we used to do it even when we were a top 4 side full of stars. But now that we are inexperienced it isn't going to suddenly improve.

I think it's more than inexperience because we used to do it even when we were a top 4 side full of stars. But now that we are inexperienced it isn't going to suddenly improve.
But for very different reasons. Necessary and sufficient and all that.

But for very different reasons. Necessary and sufficient and all that.
True. I'm not convinced if we had he 'necessary' part we still wouldn't struggle. Maybe just not as much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with all that. Just didn't understand the comment above in response to the "momentum" issue. Never mind.
Sorry- my point was that it is harder to stop a top 2 team like the swans juggernaut than it is to stop a bottom 4 or even midrange team that just gets lucky with a few goals on the run.

Didn't mean to confuse you :( Sorry

It's more frustrating to watch because for years it didn't happen to us but has crept in more and more the last couple of years.

We probably need to get used to it :(

It's more frustrating to watch because for years it didn't happen to us but has crept in more and more the last couple of years.

We probably need to get used to it :(

We certainly do Olly.
I thought that seeing the Swans mids break tackles in the second half (missed 1st half) reminded me of the early Cats sides of around '03 when we used to get monstered by the bigger bodied teams.

Sorry- my point was that it is harder to stop a top 2 team like the swans juggernaut than it is to stop a bottom 4 or even midrange team that just gets lucky with a few goals on the run.

Didn't mean to confuse you :( Sorry
No need to apologise. Got it.

Just wait until the more prominent Scott bashers return.

Simply we were beaten by a better, more experienced and hardened team tonight. We stuck at the task for a half but couldn't sustain it and losing Duncan didn't help the cause either.
This sums the night up really well. It's not to say that it's acceptable but it is what actually happened.

We showed we can match it with the swans, just can't sustain that effort over 4 quarters and this will be our story this year. We're young with a few old boys still around, we don't have that mix yet, every game we will fluctuate, and when good sides get on top, we will struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back