Former sportsmen whose credibility has been destroyed by their media careers

Remove this Banner Ad

Mark Stevens, Ian Healy and Luke Darcy are on the podium for this game. Not counting bad commentators who never really had credibility as sportspeople in the first place, eg Dwayne Russell or Basil ******* Zempilas.

i lost respect for russell when he kissed tredrea at tulla airport after ports GF win. before that, russ was geelong all the way.

Andrew Gaze.

Not saying he has to act like an egotistical prick or be a humourless dullard (he's self-effacing almost to a fault), but I'd like to think that someone who is the greatest our country has ever produced in his given sport could offer a bit more in the sports media than childish clowning.

Don't want to derail this thread, but really?

Sorry to intrude your superior level of knowledge and general being, but Bruce Macavaney was indeed never a renowned sportsman
Bullshit he's an entertainment wrestling world champion with his special move called dumb one liners where he knocks people out by saying stupid s**t.

How can I forget (I wish I could)

653811-mark-ricciuto.jpg
If you can't get past the country drawl you'll have trouble.

He is pretty astute in his observations of the game. I guess commentating is different to analysis.

On a side note he is a ripper bloke.

I was at the local suburban park for a 2nd Birthday of a friend's little kid. We had this whole picnic set up for parents, kids toddlers etc. Roo, his wife and all his kids turned up at the park with the older kids having a kick and a catch. Kids being kids, the older ones from the party joined in the game. Roo set up a game and he was 'playing umpire' making sure all the kids got a fair go, girls too. He learned all the kids names straight away.

We adults kind of stood back watching in awe. The kids all had a blast without knowing who he was. Afterward a couple of gushing Mums got photos of their kids with Roo. He was a gentleman and is clearly a family man with a strong focus on kids....... he's got 5.....

If you can't get past the country drawl you'll have trouble.

He is pretty astute in his observations of the game. I guess commentating is different to analysis.

On a side note he is a ripper bloke.

I was at the local suburban park for a 2nd Birthday of a friend's little kid. We had this whole picnic set up for parents, kids toddlers etc. Roo, his wife and all his kids turned up at the park with the older kids having a kick and a catch. Kids being kids, the older ones from the party joined in the game. Roo set up a game and he was 'playing umpire' making sure all the kids got a fair go, girls too. He learned all the kids names straight away.

We adults kind of stood back watching in awe. The kids all had a blast without knowing who he was. Afterward a couple of gushing Mums got photos of their kids with Roo. He was a gentleman and is clearly a family man with a strong focus on kids....... he's got 5.....

I've heard otherwise. Didn't he f**k over Adelaide's greatest over rated w**king inspiration? (Dangerfield)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've heard otherwise. Didn't he f**k over Adelaide's greatest over rated w**king inspiration? (Dangerfield)
how so?

he made danger one of the co-owners in one of his pubs only recently

If true, no surprises there, piece of work that one.

& the Cathy Freeman comments are a bit rich as I saw Peris's performance during a senate estimates hearing recently & she could hardly string a few words together.
What a ******* cow, she's not fit to be in the same stadium as Cathy Freeman. And her comments r.e. "Indigenous mob" are just a fcuking disgrace, as are "white people hate black people over here".
Another inspired selection by Julia Gillard, "captains pick" I believed she called it at the time.

What is wrong with "indigenous mob"?

Nothing in the right context.
The way she referred to them though, as if they were a cash cow to bring her lover over.
Read the article in full.
And don't go ******* starting fights again, I though our relationship had moved on from all that

Nothing in the right context.
The way she referred to them though, as if they were a cash cow to bring her lover over.
Read the article in full.
And don't go ******* starting fights again, I though our relationship had moved on from all that

I'll pull you up when I think you are talking s**t.

Like now.

I am goin through the indigenous grants mob

Nothing wrong with that at all. How many blackfellas do you actually know?

In addition, if you consider the amount of pissing and moaning by the general public about funding which is specific to Aboriginals, her sentiment about whites hating blacks is not too far off the mark.

Especially when you consider that it was written in a private email.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back