Has anyone ever taken a dna ancestry test?

Remove this Banner Ad

My wife’s cousin just did a test and it has revealed a direct cousin she knew nothing about, it seems her grandfather is not actually her grandfather. Now my wife’s mum and her siblings are all taking the test as one of them has always said she never felt part of the family. This is so juicy I love it.

My wife’s cousin just did a test and it has revealed a direct cousin she knew nothing about, it seems her grandfather is not actually her grandfather. Now my wife’s mum and her siblings are all taking the test as one of them has always said she never felt part of the family. This is so juicy I love it.

Never thought much about it, but apparently my grandpa managed to track down at least part of our family's ancestry back in the early 90s, though I only found out a few years ago...so I know my ancestors took on the surname of their former owners, and either my great grandpa or great-great grandpa had a brief boxing career that ended when he beat a white opponent...and got chased out of Tennessee.

Ok so here’s an update on my wife’s mum and her siblings. All 6 siblings have different fathers according to their DNA tests, my mother in law is the only one to be actually related to her father everyone else isn’t. Absolutely crazy, it seems that whilst he was away at war her mum was doing naughty things. It’s now throwing a spanner in the works for stuff that has been handed down as only one of the 6 kids is actually related to the dad they all thought was their father. Interesting times ahead for this family.

yeah I pay like 40 bucks a month for to get messages from my maternal family in West Yorks.

the well-off side in Surrey on my paternal somehow don't bother with it...

I wonder why...

It turns out that I'm about as Anglo Celtic as it gets, and apparently I'm descended from either Tasmanian settlers or from Ohio, Indiana and Eastern Kentucky settlers. I imagine it costs extra to find out exactly which one so I guess I'll never know.

My father's side is known back to earlier than the 1830s including where in the UK they came from.

My mother's side is English, disowned Scotish aristocracy (a great great grandmother who married an undesirable - ie refused the arranged cousin marriage) and also my mother's mother is Canadian and apparently had an Inuit grand parent.

Noone has bothered with any DNA testing as far as Im aware. My father's father paid for research to be done which involved detailed historical records.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back