Mega Thread 2014 Free Agency and Trade discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There would be. But you'd have to think a more likely outcome would be the 'Gysberts/Morton Scenario':
  1. Go to a more successful club.
  2. Realise how far off the pace you are re. your training intensity because you've been Melbourne-ised.
  3. Fade into obscurity.
  4. Ultimately delist.

I'm surprised those two didn't play their one good game for the new clubs against us Brent Grgic style.

THE TRADE AND DELIST LIST>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
TRADE- Grimes,Toumpas, Watts if we can
DELIST- Barry,Blease,Byrnes,Clisby,Evans, Michie, Nicholson,Strauss,Tapscott, maybe Dean Kent

Thoughts...............

oCZ5O7E.gif

Saints have confirmed just after their loss to adelaide that James Gwilt and Clinton Jones will be delisted.
Anyone interested in either? slightly interested in Jones, but three might be to many :)

In other news, theres a rumour out already that we're possibly going to trade watts to collingwood. if Buckley wants Watts, collingwood is definitely going backwards under him.

Lol, Watts and Collingwood - I wouldn't put any faith in rumours heard this side of the trade period that aren't about Free Agency.

I'd look at Gwilt, can kick out of the back half - can he defend well? I think he's okay - would rather Malceski.

Saints have confirmed just after their loss to adelaide that James Gwilt and Clinton Jones will be delisted.
Anyone interested in either?

Nope. I'm a bit surprised at Gwilt - would have thought he might have had a bit of trade value. But if we're picking up delistees from the only team that finished lower than us, we're in even more trouble than we appear to be.

Watts to Collingwood would be quite humorous. If Watts' progress has stalled under us, I'd be interested to see how badly Buckley could get him playing, just from a scientific point of view. If it somehow involves Pendlebury or Beams coming the other way, then let's do it.

THE TRADE AND DELIST LIST>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
TRADE- Grimes,Toumpas, Watts if we can
DELIST- Barry,Blease,Byrnes,Clisby,Evans, Michie, Nicholson,Strauss,Tapscott, maybe Dean Kent

Thoughts...............
Thank fk you're not our list manager.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any rumours about where Frawley might go? I'd love him in a tiger jumper!
Geelong, Hawks and Suns are the biggest rumoured, Geelong the most likely.

If Richmond gives him $600k a year on a lengthy contract and Melbourne get well compensated, then he can piss off to your mob for all I care.

Geelong, Hawks and Suns are the biggest rumoured, Geelong the most likely.

If Richmond gives him $600k a year on a lengthy contract and Melbourne get well compensated, then he can piss off to your mob for all I care.

I wouldn't want the club to pay him that much, it's not in line with their pay structure anymore thank god.

Player departures that I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep over:
Watts, Strauss, Nicho, Evans, Barry, Tapscott, Blease. Fortunately a couple of them probably have trade value in Watts and Blease, Tappy might have a tiny bit and the others can be delisted. I know we just signed Barry, but this is obviously just my opinion. I'm also happy to make the call, that he will be softer than Danyl Pearce, Terry Milera and Lindsay Thomas combined. I see nothing in that bloke, if I'm proven wrong good, but so stunned he got a new 2 year deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back