Autopsy Fremantle vs St Kilda Postives and Negatives

Remove this Banner Ad

???
How is this a positiv. We actually don't move up to 3rd but down to 3rd...

Well we were 5th when the siren went on Saturday night, but by the end of the round we could move back up 2 spots without even doing anything. So it's a positive that the damage could be mitigated somewhat.

I was standing along the race and this St Klida supporter and his mates were abusing Ross Lyon and Zac Dawson as they went down the race. One of the Freo fans next to me told them all to go and f&ck themselves. They then turned on him with their abuse so I had to jump and help him out by returning verbal fire. They then turned on me, but they were outnumbered so they moved on.

The Locker Room bar was terrible after the game as it was full of singing Saints supporters who thought that getting one back on their old coach was better than winning a flag.
Was at the Nixon for a little while afterwards - the amount of drunken renditions of "Oh when the MF Saints go marching in..." did my head in. Not blaming them mind you, but annoying as hell. Ah the joys of being an away supporter.

Positive I guess was the huge reality check. Morabito kicking a goal too.
Pav not going down from head clash
Easier for match committee to sort out spuds for finals.
Negatives -
Mundy disposal % 53.3 & 4 clangers
Johnson disposal % 50 & 4 clangers
DPearce disposal % 47.1 & 6 clangers
Neale disposal % 53.8 & 4 clangers.
3 of our best kicks of the footy turning it over half the time was pathetic.
Yeah Dawson was exposed (as all defenders are when you concede 59 i50s) but he went at 100% with his 7. Don't get the Dawson hate this week. Spud sometimes - yes, but far from our worst.
Sylvia IMO deserves to be dropped for an extended period. Would much rather Sheridan out there.

I tried to open this thread and comment on the game but my computer kept crashing....it musta been that bad of a game.
To not even respond to the pressure at any stage of the game is absolutely deplorable. It was like everyone was waiting for someone else to do something.

Positives:
Moras goal
Loss like this happened now and not in finals - have a chance to sort things out
No obvious injuries

Negatives:
The lack of team mates congratulating Mora – goes to show their attitudes :-/
Showing no spread or intent to get the ball whatsoever, absolutely none!
Losing the chance to consolidate the top 2
Possibly losing confidence
Shockers from 82% of the team!!

What I hate the most is that I got sucked into the hype saying Freo and Sydney are unstoppable and are certain Grand Finalists…A big wake up call for Freo players and members…the games V Hawks, geelong and port mean even more now…

Was at the Nixon for a little while afterwards - the amount of drunken renditions of "Oh when the MF Saints go marching in..." did my head in. Not blaming them mind you, but annoying as hell. Ah the joys of being an away supporter.

We were sitting in the corner watching the GWS V Geelong game.

One of the bar staff came over and told them to stop singing. I guess with winning one flag and 26 wooden spoons in 141 years of club history, you deserve the right to sing your club song at any occasion.

One of the bar staff came over and told them to stop singing. I guess with winning one flag and 26 wooden spoons in 141 years of club history, you deserve the right to sing your club song at any occasion.

True enough, don't want to sound too bitter but this is probably going to be the biggest highlight for them this year and possibly for a long time to come as they bottom out for the next few years so they may as well get loose.

My cousin called me this morning to say Mayne and Neale were drowning their sorrows (quite heavily) at the Claremont last night (he's played a bit of footy with Mayne in his younger days).

Said Neale wouldn't stop spewing about how they'd ****ed their chances up against St Kilda and how desperate Ross is for a flag. Mayne was a little more relxaced but Neale was irate and had to be helped into a cab at the end of the night.

If it's all true and the entire team is this gutted then it could have a positive affect on their subconcious. In any event Lachie'll be making good friends with his toilet bowl for most of today (and if he's anything like me tomorrow as well).

I'm surprised they remembered it!

Sounds like my Saturday night….

This could go two ways. Be the kick up the ar$e they all need or seriously dent their competitive confidence. Either way, I didn’t think there’d be another game to haunt me more than the North game…

My cousin called me this morning to say Mayne and Neale were drowning their sorrows (quite heavily) at the Claremont last night (he's played a bit of footy with Mayne in his younger days).

Said Neale wouldn't stop spewing about how they'd ****** their chances up against St Kilda and how desperate Ross is for a flag. Mayne was a little more relxaced but Neale was irate and had to be helped into a cab at the end of the night.

If it's all true and the entire team is this gutted then it could have a positive affect on their subconcious. In any event Lachie'll be making good friends with his toilet bowl for most of today (and if he's anything like me tomorrow as well).

isn't the review today? not something i would want to appear hung over at :confused:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Negative: St Kilda showed everyone how a couple of skinny talls that mark at the top of their leap can destroy our backline.

Look at the results this round :

Geelong barely got over the line against the Giants
Port scraped through against the Demons
Carlton Flogged North
Essendon limped over the Doggies
Freo got pumped by the Saints.

It seems the lower placed teams have come to play this round. Sure Freo got flogged, our worst performance for the year but watch us completely destroy the Blues next round. It will be a completely different Dockers team.

It's never as good or as bad as it seems.

As I was at work and couldn't watch the game, and now I'm not sure I want to.:(

Can anyone comment on the decision to omit Apeness and include Tabs. How did Tabs go because i was surprised at the switch.
I also anticipated seeing Crozier or Duffy come in for Balla not deBoer, who can tackle but doesn't seem to know where the goals are. What are the thought on deBoer's game.

Hmmmm.....
Where we end up on the ladder was always going to be determined by the outcome of our next games against Hawthorne, Geelong and Port. Even if we won the StKilda match we can still find ourselves in 5th if we lost all these 3 matches. Winning these games are critical not just for the ladder position and home final advantage, but also serve to confirm that our players, gameplan and mindset is ready to take on all the big boys and still win.
I didn't do the predictor thingy, but if you ask me I'll much rather
- win these 3 games but end up 5th due to circumstances than to
- lost the 3 games but got lucky and end up 2nd.
So we got caught with our pants down this week. Not sure if stingbitten story is true but I'm glad if they are genuinely disappointed with their performance and felt they have let themselves and RTB down.
After Neale is done with the toilet bowl, I hope the guys get together, figure out what went wrong and come back stronger

As I was at work and couldn't watch the game, and now I'm not sure I want to.:(

Can anyone comment on the decision to omit Apeness and include Tabs. How did Tabs go because i was surprised at the switch.
I also anticipated seeing Crozier or Duffy come in for Balla not deBoer, who can tackle but doesn't seem to know where the goals are. What are the thought on deBoer's game.

The entire team played badly, so it would be unfair to single out anyone. Got similar stats to Pav which flatter him a little bit.

I can not see us lining up with 2 KPF's and 2 ruck for the rest of the year and once Ballas and Walters are back we won't need to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back