Toast Freo supporters

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
I must admit yesterday was the first time I was getting annoyed at our own supporters around me. Some of the drivel that was being yelled out to our players was embarrassing. I can only hope that they didn't hear any of it.

I must admit yesterday was the first time I was getting annoyed at our own supporters around me. Some of the drivel that was being yelled out to our players was embarrassing. I can only hope that they didn't hear any of it.

Yeah there was a guy near me (never seen him before) going nuts for us not kicking and telling players to man up.
Was like mate, it's 51-1 I think you can relax...

Yeah there was a guy near me (never seen him before) going nuts for us not kicking and telling players to man up.
Was like mate, it's 51-1 I think you can relax...
I'd laugh if you were actually sitting near Banker and Borderline.

Will be interesting to see how we react when Goodes gets the ball in a couple of weeks...

It wouldn't surprise me if he gets a massive round of applause when he gets a touch - he's never done anything to freo players/fans (from memory)

But yeah, if he does anything stupid he'll get booed just like everyone else

Our supporters are top notch. There will always be a select few who ruin it for others but overall I think we've got a great supporter base. I went to 6 home games this year and can't recall anyone around me doing or saying anything vile or feral to the opposition.

Another thing is the applause our first gamers got this year. The crowds roar for Pearce, Weller & Langdon was great. I doubt opposition supporters give that kind of reception to their first gamers.

I hope we dont boo.

If people feel the need to boo because they think it can put goodesy of his game or that they have some devine right to speak their mind, well just imagine explaining your actions to Dale Kickett.

In all seriousness though, we have a number of indigenous players in our squad who dont need that distraction as well as two coaches who I imagine would be very close with Adam.

Hopefully we can let Adam enjoy the last stage of his AFL career while smacking his team on the scoreboard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only player I have ever booed (I think) is Boomer Harvey. Can't stand the bloke.
What I don't like is being told I'm racist if I boo someone because that can be my only intent. It politically correct nonsense. I don't mind the Swans...but they're obviously a protected species.

The only player I have ever booed (I think) is Boomer Harvey. Can't stand the bloke.
What I don't like is being told I'm racist if I boo someone because that can be my only intent. It politically correct nonsense. I don't mind the Swans...but they're obviously a protected species.

Pretty sure you dont get to choose if your racist or not. Its not really up to you is it. Its like sexual harassment at work abd stuff like that. Its up to the person thats received it to decide.

Pretty sure you dont get to choose if your racist or not. Its not really up to you is it. Its like sexual harassment at work abd stuff like that. Its up to the person thats received it to decide.

Are you serious? I think you do get to choose. Intent is what it's all about. I don't think it should be in any way presumed that a boo has to do with skin colour. Booing has been part of sport since ...well...the beginning. So for a player to turn round and say... "I expect I was being booed because Im blue/green/yellow/black or purple" can't be taken seriously can it? They wouldn't know. I'm not saying that it wasn't the case with Goodes but I'm not saying it was either...I don't know.

I'm not so sure, I once had a girl working for me who was doing a job that involved bending low to clean something. She had done this without being told to and I was impressed . I said "that's what I like to see, well done."
There was no sexual intent and when she said someting I explained this, and said I was very sorry for how i worded my thank you.
I believe there has to intent to offend or use of a inappropriate word.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back