Freo Hitman

Premiership Player
Mar 9, 2003
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
I will not give off 1 iota of care off what I am about to say or what anyone says back.
Freo today was a classic Junk Yard Dog performance , but lets weigh up the victory.
It was fantastic , we beat a form team who beat us 5 weeks ago at home at the ground we need to win at to get the holy grail . But digging deeper we have problems .
Sandi is declining fast his output around the ground is hurting us , his game has dropped 20% this year in open play which puts pressure on secondary contests . We must weigh up do we sacrifice stoppage domination to combat this.
Next Tabernet does not cut it , when we get Johnson , Dawson & Silvagni back - Pearce & McPharlin must go forward.
Fyfe must go forward for longer spells . I believe he will sit out next week.
Blakely , Langdon & Ballard can not be ignored much longer .
McCarthy is a Must for next season

Is it just me or does it feel like there have been 3-4 games go our way this year that really shouldn't have?
In past seasons I have always lamented "we shoulda won that" or "we deserved to win that".
This year for one reason or another we have won all the games we probably shouldn't have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it just me or does it feel like there have been 3-4 games go our way this year that really shouldn't have?
In past seasons I have always lamented "we shoulda won that" or "we deserved to win that".
This year for one reason or another we have won all the games we probably shouldn't have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Junk Yard Dog . Its a fantastic quality to have

the reviews delve deeper into the current game gone and look short term eg 7-10 days down the road

And yet this thread is reactionary and short term.
Sandilands had a quiet game but lifted in the last quarter. He has not been declining fast.
Taberner was a contributor. I did not think he deserved the vest. He helps our structure.
Fyfe was hobbling, but still contributed. Brave performance.
There should be some spots opening up in the next couple of weeks, as players are injured (C.Pearce), or rested (Fyfe, McPharlin??). You would think a young gun would get a chance.

How do you know the Hawks have peaked? And if they have 'peaked' who is to say their drop off will make them beatable?

Lets not forget their game plan is based on efficiency, its something that won't drop off considerably.

Just from watching the TV and living in hope that they are beatable.

They're beatable, but a defensive game plan won't do the job.

Richmond are the poor man version of the Hawks and look how we struggled! They sliced us up all night which is a worry.

And yet this thread is reactionary and short term.
Sandilands had a quiet game but lifted in the last quarter. He has not been declining fast.
Taberner was a contributor. I did not think he deserved the vest. He helps our structure.
Fyfe was hobbling, but still contributed. Brave performance.
There should be some spots opening up in the next couple of weeks, as players are injured (C.Pearce), or rested (Fyfe, McPharlin??). You would think a young gun would get a chance.

Mate I like your Bravado , but I could've posted this 3 weeks ago But I want you to reflect a few things you have said.
Sandi 2010- 2014 v 2015 . Ruck work is the best but around the ground input has declined rapidly ( I recognise those last qtr grabs x2 )
Taberner falls short. End of story - He is our version of Andrew McDougall
We agree with Fyfe . Wont play next week but should go forward on his return.
Langdon & Blakely should come in as a package , Ballard should be standing in Barlows shadow at noon (make of this as you will) and Weller will be a gun

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're beatable, but a defensive game plan won't do the job.

Richmond are the poor man version of the Hawks and look how we struggled! They sliced us up all night which is a worry.

early in the season we were using midrange foot passes magnificently .
Ross is playing Jesus and tinkering with plane Bs n Cs n Ds.

Our players are still winning games which will keep me convinced about this

Mate I like your Bravado , but I could've posted this 3 weeks ago But I want you to reflect a few things you have said.
Sandi 2010- 2014 v 2015 . Ruck work is the best but around the ground input has declined rapidly ( I recognise those last qtr grabs x2 )
Taberner falls short. End of story - He is our version of Andrew McDougall
We agree with Fyfe . Wont play next week but should go forward on his return.
Langdon & Blakely should come in as a package , Ballard should be standing in Barlows shadow at noon (make of this as you will) and Weller will be a gun

You didn't post this three weeks ago. You posted it in the hours after a close game, while your blood was still up.

The Taberner-McDougall statement is ridiculous and reflects poorly on you. Taberner's strength is what he provides to the structure of the forward line. Pav is better with Tabs playing. His mark and goal at half time were just what we needed.
I don't remember McDougall doing anything pressure wise. He had one good year in 2004, and five bad ones. Is that what you mean?

I don't know if Fyfe will be rested. I think he should be, based on his limping today. Mitchell should have been suspended, by his fingernails.

We are not in rebuild mode. Introducing too many young players will be terrible for the team. No idea what the comment about Ballard means.

Tabs hand are frustrating but like it's been said above, he offers a lot to the team by being out there.

When Tabs plays, Pav plays well. We need him out there. The marking problem can and I'm sure will be fixed

You didn't post this three weeks ago. You posted it in the hours after a close game, while your blood was still up.

The Taberner-McDougall statement is ridiculous and reflects poorly on you. Taberner's strength is what he provides to the structure of the forward line. Pav is better with Tabs playing. His mark and goal at half time were just what we needed.
I don't remember McDougall doing anything pressure wise. He had one good year in 2004, and five bad ones. Is that what you mean?

I don't know if Fyfe will be rested. I think he should be, based on his limping today. Mitchell should have been suspended, by his fingernails.

We are not in rebuild mode. Introducing too many young players will be terrible for the team. No idea what the comment about Ballard means.

Lets just say My bloods not up. But your defense of Taberner is ridiculous , I will not bag him out as I see he tries hard but he falls short. end of story let go.
McDougall was a great hope the eagles had who fell short, Taberner is the same
Fyfe will be rested
Do yourself a favour & watch these young kids tomorrow

Tabs hand are frustrating but like it's been said above, he offers a lot to the team by being out there.

When Tabs plays, Pav plays well. We need him out there. The marking problem can and I'm sure will be fixed

I like Tabs and think he provides something as a back up player but he will never be the main man he will never be a great mark or pack mark it cant be fixed those guys are very hard to locate it is a gift.

Lets just say My bloods not up. But your defense of Taberner is ridiculous , I will not bag him out as I see he tries hard but he falls short. end of story let go.
McDougall was a great hope the eagles had who fell short, Taberner is the same
Fyfe will be rested
Do yourself a favour & watch these young kids tomorrow

Yep, people may not want to hear it but your McDougall comparison is pretty spot on at the moment. There is still hope of course that he can develop beyond a McDougall who must have been for Eagles supporters such a frustrating player because he was too good for the WAFL.

So sad that people expect so much from a rookie upgrade as compare to jack watt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back