Multiplat Game of Thrones - A TellTale Games Series

Remove this Banner Ad

I've played the first episode of The Walking Dead, and all of The Wolf Among us, and I enjoyed those games immensely but this one was by far the best.

Game of Thrones is probably the best franchise that is tailored to this sort of game. You know with every decision you make, there could severe consequences.

And the options they give you, without being certain, they seem like they can really change the future of your game, and there were a LOT of moments where I had to really think about what I was going to do.

I don't remember ever being so torn about making a decision, as much as I did in this game, compared to the other 2.

Righto. :D

He seemed unnecessarily abrasive. I am surprised so many players chose him. I guess they're familiar with Ramsay and figured an authoritarian approach would be best, but he just seemed over-the-top and too hot-tempered to be a trusted adviser. It's whack anyone decided he would be the better choice.
I picked Duncan too.

He was always my favourite to pick, mainly because the decisions made up to that point, I had all sided and agreed with Duncan.

I agree, Royland was unnecessarily abrasive, and seemed far too macho to have as a sentinel, but better as a war advisor.

Also, because Duncan could be trusted. If Lord Forrester could trust him, then so can I.

I spent a fair while deliberating on this decision, and the reason was, I knew that Ser Royland will chuck a tanty if I had picked Duncan. And I needed Royland.

The soldiers trust him, and if he's gone, you lose a lot of your forces. But alas, I had to pick Duncan, and the *er wasn't even present when I died.

- Didn't save the other squire
- Exiled the Gared to the Wall
- Told the Queen what she wanted to hear, but got the "saying something while saying nothing" by Tyrion. I felt so complimented :D :D :D
- Didn't trust Sera
- Made Ser Duncan my Sentinal
- Didn't steal

We ended up doing pretty similar, but you left out a few key choices like

- I chose to use diplomacy
- I chose to meet him in the Great Hall
- I chose to kill the guy who was begging for mercy who killed Gared's dad
- I chose to send the guy who still weapons to The Wall

Same on 1 & 3, however, I meet Ramsey at the gate, and cut off three of the thief's fingers.

I agree, Royland was unnecessarily abrasive, and seemed far too macho to have as a sentinel, but better as a war advisor.

Also, because Duncan could be trusted. If Lord Forrester could trust him, then so can I.

I spent a fair while deliberating on this decision, and the reason was, I knew that Ser Royland will chuck a tanty if I had picked Duncan. And I needed Royland.

The soldiers trust him, and if he's gone, you lose a lot of your forces. But alas, I had to pick Duncan, and the goose wasn't even present when I died.

I chose Royland as Sentinal because we were in a time of war, and felt that despite his hot headedness, Duncan would stick around and advise me anyway, even if he wasn't chosen. Not normally the kind of choice I'd make in that scenario though.

However, I totally glossed over that second point. When I go back through and create a 2nd play file, that will be enough to make me change my mind on that particular choice.

I also wonder how long the 2nd squire will stay alive if I warn him in the beginning?

I chose Royland as Sentinal because we were in a time of war, and felt that despite his hot headedness, Duncan would stick around and advise me anyway, even if he wasn't chosen. Not normally the kind of choice I'd make in that scenario though.

However, I totally glossed over that second point. When I go back through and create a 2nd play file, that will be enough to make me change my mind on that particular choice.

I also wonder how long the 2nd squire will stay alive if I warn him in the beginning?

This.

I also got manipulative impressions from Duncan. He seemed to have his own agenda.

Ahhh people have different opinions, it's what makes these games great.

Your post reminded me though, I didn't see a summary screen at the end of the chapter showing the percentage of who went with what choices like telltale normally do. I love that bit :( I imagine it would be too early in the games life for any substantial data.
Funny, I got the summary screen...

-Killed the squire
- Exiled the Gared to the Wall
- Told the Queen what she wanted to hear
- Didn't trust Sera
- Made Ser Duncan my Sentinal
- I stole, not sure why, just saw it and thought this might come in handy at some stage, massive feeling its gonna bite me in the arse

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Telltale are fast becoming one of my favourite devs. Think I'm just going to blindly buy whatever they put out. Enjoying this so far.

Wish I've had the chance to finish Wolf Among Us. Will happen one day.

Do it! You won't regret it, really heats up through episode 4 and loved the structure of episode 5.

As for this, I had no idea this game existed until about 10 minutes ago. I'm currently going through Wolf Among Us again just playing up the big, bad wolf side of things (aka - being a violent dick at every opportunity). Will definitely grab this tomorrow night.

I prob would have picked Royland but it just seemed wrong since we seemed really undermanned and poor as it was so going the diplomacy approach seemed better rather than just leading us in to get wrecked. Seems like I'm about the only one who chopped that dudes fingers off. It was mainly because if he went to the wall then his family is kind of stuffed but at least with 3 less fingers he can still stick around and do stuff, letting off entirely seemed like too much of a bitch move.

- Chose to save the squire. When it was obvious it was the Red Wedding I just wanted to get away as quick as possible. Though I wasn't cold hearted enough just to run and leave him.
- I didn't show mercy to the soldier who killed the family. I was already in deep s**t anyway. He didn't show any mercy to my family, why should I show any to him.
- I chopped off the guys fingers. I figured this was the best choice. His family needed him so sending him to the wall wasn't an option, showing mercy would entice cowardice when everybody needs to see the lord being strong and authoritative. Also that was the traditional punishment so I figured it would show that despite the chaos across the land, it's still business as usual.
- Told the Queen what she wanted to hear. Kings landing is full of vipers and will turn on you. Cercei is the most powerful person in Kings landing apart from Joffrey and her father. As much as I hate and distrust her, it's better to kiss her arse rather than getting on her bad side. I figured that Margaery Tyrall would understand that I was just saying what was needed to appease Cercei. After all, before the meeting she said to just tell Cercei what she wants to hear.
- I allowed Sera to stay. I didn't think it was much of a secret to ask for help.
- Made Royland my Sentinal. There are two reasons for this. Ramsay Snow just doesn't seem like someone to be reasoned with, I don't think diplomacy or negotiations would work. I was hoping a show of force would make him think twice. Unfortunately Royland choked and did nothing when he killed my character. When something like that happens then it should be a case of all out war. Also Duncan is the type of person who is more in line with my type of thinking, I wanted someone to challenge my point of view.

Season 2 is due out sometime this month I believe. As for my choices:

- Didn't save the squire: I assumed I'd have a chance to warn Lord Forrester about the attack and save him. In hindsight though the attack was pretty obvious, I'd change my decision.
- I showed mercy to the soldier who killed the family: Figured it would give me some credits and show that I really was just defending the family. Good old hindsight of course says I should have just killed the prick.
- I sent him to the wall: I considered this the middle-level punishment, I thought the guy losing his fingers would be worse. Again, kind of thought of it as the right level as punishment but seeing as this guy's family is probably screwed now I may reconsider.
- I kissed Cersei's ass: pretty much as Margaery Tyrell said to. Seemed like the best choice but had a massive lose-lose situation feel out of it anyway. She was pleased though apparently and Margaery forgives so I think this was the right call.
- I allowed Sera to stay: probably the most likely to remain a loyal ally alongside Margaery.
- Went for Duncan: Royland seemed like a battle at all costs kind of guy. You need numbers and experience to win battles and wars, something House Forrester doesn't have. Trying to fight stronger enemies seemed fatal to me, hence I went for the diplomatic choice in Duncan. I went the diplomatic route with Ramsay Snow too but made him wait at the gate, probably inconsistent but in hindsight it didn't really matter, Ethan dies anyway. Still feel the house is in better hands with Duncan than Royland though, backing Duncan to choose to fight when it's the logical choice.

Somewhat happy with these choices with a couple I'd probably change next time around

Release dates for Episode 2 has been announced along with a short trailer.

PC, Mac, PS3, PS4 - February 3
Xbox One, Xbox 360 - February 4
Android, iOS - February 5

Can't wait to hit the the Night's Watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back