Rumour Gary Ablett might never play again

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe the negativity

Not speaking for anyone else in this thread (and this being my single only post here) I know from my point of view a very selfish part of me hopes he never plays again.
Just the whole Geelong thing, how he went on about wanting to win flags and he missed the 2011 flag (and had to flee the country because he couldn't stand it) and then sit back and watch the Suns never get close during his player years there... Yeah I'd enjoy that.
In a really selfish, evilly kinda way.

Alls in alls over alls, ya gotta say this has been a pretty good rumour.
thumbs-up.gif

Sure, he's played since (the thread-starter did say "might"), but jeepers strewth crikey, his shoulder is much more farked up than anyone would've guessed. I mean, it's 'just' a shoulder, but there's talk that he won't play again this year. The original poster either had very good mail or took a great guess.

Lester Burnham, I dips me lid to you, sir :D

Last edited:

Alls in alls over alls, ya gotta say this has been a pretty good rumour.
thumbs-up.gif

Sure, he's played since (the thread-starter did say "might"), but jeepers strewth crikey, his shoulder is much more farked up than anyone would've guessed. I mean, it's 'just' a shoulder, but there's talk that he won't play this year. The original poster either had very good mail or took a good guess.

Lester Burnham, I dips me lid to you, sir

He may have played, but he never looked right and should have never played. The rumour has certainly been an interesting one.

Not speaking for anyone else in this thread (and this being my single only post here) I know from my point of view a very selfish part of me hopes he never plays again.
Just the whole Geelong thing, how he went on about wanting to win flags and he missed the 2011 flag (and had to flee the country because he couldn't stand it) and then sit back and watch the Suns never get close during his player years there... Yeah I'd enjoy that.

He's a bloke playing footy and making a ew dollars which he deserves, how could he have possibly hurt you this much?

That's exceptionally sad considering he owed you nothing.

I guess he's not making the same mistake as his dad then

one's footy career is short and why sacrifice one's earning capacity, in the entertainment industry, for some tribal concept that became extinct 20 years ago?

He did say on a ch 7 Interview over the weekend that he would be back for the Carlton game, but I wonder if this is just fluff to keep the speculation down.

It probably is a personal belief, but it has nothing to do with and is entirely separate from his religion.

In fact, I find it kind of bizarre that people would immediately assume it has anything to do with his religion, TBH. Just seems like a way to take a thinly-veiled dig at the bloke for his religious beliefs.

This (bolded) but I would not call it thinly veiled. Spot on. My wife refuses to take tablets unless they are very necessary e.g. broke her elbow on a run a while back and took pain killers. She prefers to finds natural ways to deal with pain/inflammation etc and is super healthy.

I am the opposite and took inflammatory tablets for years to enable me to 'open the bowling'. Had the big C at 35 and surprise surprise cancer has now been linked to that tablet. I am all for finding natural as opposed to pharmacological solutions for my health as a result.

I guess he's not making the same mistake as his dad then

one's footy career is short and why sacrifice one's earning capacity, in the entertainment industry, for some tribal concept that became extinct 20 years ago?
Spot on, and why is it the players are expected to be loyal to the clubs when the clubs will trade anyone off without a second thought.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ablett is just one of the standard Christian denominations isn't he?

Never heard about them refusing Western medicine before. Seems more likely to be about his devotion to Paleo principles if anything.

ablett would use that as motivation, cant wait to see him back and dominate, we all know abletts best is greater than fyfes
He can be as motivated as he wants. He physically won't be the same again. No inspiration will change that.

3AW rumour file: a prominent AFL footballer is refusing Western medical treatment due to religious reasons.

If true for GAJ, would be interesting. Apparently he eats a Paleo diet as well... which given that has its basis in evolution, would be an interesting scenario for him to be in.

Shows how far Fyfe has come on

No. Shows how quickly we forget. Ablett 2007-2013 was one of the most dominant periods of football ever. In his 'down' year of 2010 he kicked 50 goals playing up forward. He's unlucky to only have two Brownlows to his name.

Hope he gets back soon and gets back to even 85 percent capacity. He is one of my favourite players ever and the complete footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back