Prediction Geelong Cats 2016 Predictions!

Where will we finish on the Ladder in 2016?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

How do you figure that? Apart from Harvey their whole midfield is pretty much in its mid twenties. We didn't have such fortunate circumstances 2 years back.

Waite is 27, Harvey 37, Nahas 28, Petrie 33, Thompson 29, Dal Santo 31, Swallow 28, and Wells is 30.......

There's 8 holes looming in their side real quick.

Waite is 27, Harvey 37, Nahas 28, Petrie 33, Thompson 29, Dal Santo 31, Swallow 28, and Wells is 30.......

There's 8 holes looming in their side real quick.
Bastinac 24, Jacobs 23, Ziebell 24, Cunnington 24, Atley 23, Sam Wright 25, Ben Brown 23, and then there's Turner 20, and Garner 21. You really think Geelong had anything like that amount of young talent 2 years ago as 10lana said? We don't even have that today.

Bastinac 24, Jacobs 23, Ziebell 24, Cunnington 24, Atley 23, Sam Wright 25, Ben Brown 23, and then there's Turner 20, and Garner 21. You really think Geelong had anything like that amount of young talent 2 years ago as 10lana said? We don't even have that today.

In the preliminary final 2013
We had Selwood 25 Hawkins 25 Varcoe 25, Motlop, Duncan, Christensen, Blicavs, Vardy 22, Guthrie 21, Caddy 20 so yeah we did

Motlop, Duncan, Christensen, Blicavs, Vardy 22, Guthrie 21, Caddy 20 so yeah we did
None of those guys were on the brink of their best footy in their mid 20s like the North guys I listed above. Also as far as we know so far Duncan and Motlop are the only two of the guys you listed that still have their best footy in front of them and that are comparable to the talent North currently have in that age group.

Last edited:
None of those guys were on the brink of their best footy in their mid 20s like the North guys I listed above. Also as far as we know so far Duncan and Motlop are the only ones of the guys you listed that still have their best footy in front of them and that are comparable to the talent North currently have in that age group.

I reckon Bundy is comparable. He just didn't start well after having a slow preseason after back surgery.
Next year, his stats will sky rocket and I reckon he will really become of the best midfielders at Brisbane.
The fact he averaged almost identical numbers to Duncan this year says it all.

I reckon Bundy is comparable. He just didn't start well after having a slow preseason after back surgery.
Next year, his stats will sky rocket and I reckon he will really become of the best midfielders at Brisbane.
Yeah sorry, stuffed up Christensen is too, but he's gone so irrelevant to us now.

Nah.....he's injury prone. :p

None of those guys were on the brink of their best footy in their mid 20s like the North guys I listed above. Also as far as we know so far Duncan and Motlop are the only two of the guys you listed that still have their best footy in front of them and that are comparable to the talent North currently have in that age group.

So what you're saying is Blitz, Guth, Caddy and Vardy have all hit their peak and aren't going to get any better? ... oko_O

For mine the Roos have been massive under-achievers. Very fortunate to be playing 2 prelims in a row on account of Cats (2014) and Swans (2015) being the walking wounded in finals. I think in the 2nd half of this year the penny has finally dropped. However there is still a mental fragility about them.

So what you're saying is Blitz, Guth, Caddy and Vardy have all hit their peak and aren't going to get any better? ... oko_O

Also as far as we know so far Duncan and Motlop are the only two of the guys you listed that still have their best footy in front of them and that are comparable to the talent North currently have in that age group.
I didn't word it well so I can see why you'd misunderstand, I'm saying that two years ago we had all the guys that were listed in the above posts but that they were mainly in their very early 20s, only Duncan and Motlop were on the brink of their mid twenties footy peak back then. What I'm arguing is that if you fast forward to now the current level of talent Nth has in the mid twenties range is more talented than what we have, I'm not saying our younger guys like Caddy, Guthrie, Blitz etc won't be as talented in the future as Nth's mid 20s group are now, I'm saying that on current evidence though you can only say with any certainty that Mots and Duncan are....Understand?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For mine the Roos have been massive under-achievers. Very fortunate to be playing 2 prelims in a row on account of Cats (2014) and Swans (2015) being the walking wounded in finals. I think in the 2nd half of this year the penny has finally dropped. However there is still a mental fragility about them.

I think they may beat West Coast on Saturday.
In my view, West Coast are the team that have had a lovely passage through having to not travel thus far. Something about them seems a little fragile for me. Either way, they just scrape past North, I do not seeing them beating Fremantle in the big dance.

I didn't word it well so I can see why you'd misunderstand, I'm saying that two years ago we had all the guys that were listed in the above posts but that they were mainly in their very early 20s, only Duncan and Motlop were on the brink of their mid twenties footy peak back then. What I'm arguing is that if you fast forward to now the current level of talent Nth has in the mid twenties range is more talented than what we have, I'm not saying our younger guys like Caddy, Guthrie, Blitz etc won't be as talented in the future as Nth's mid 20s group are now, I'm saying that on current evidence though you can only say with any certainty that Mots and Duncan are....Understand?

Ok I understand now BUT...

Guth, Caddy and Vardy are all a year or 3 younger then their mid 20 guys, who are mainly around 25-27

Blitz is the same as Vardy (I believe), but is also coming from further back, due to his late start.

I guess what I'm trying to say is compare these guys in a year or 2 to the current crop of North mids running around now.

I'm confident they'll stack up then, maybe even surpass.

Sounds good. I know who's going to win the free for all and it won't be the optimists.

Probably.

Eternal pessimists can drain the life out of even the most optimistic.

Like a nagging wife. Eventually even the strongest of men lose their will to live.

Back