Preview Geelong Cats Vs Collingwood Magpies MCG Friday Aug 28 7:50 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
why is everyone saying Duncan will be back?

Not necessarily that he will be back, but hopeful that he will be available for selection.

Caddy out, I think Gregson is looking very tired so could miss. I'd like to see Mackie dropped after that performance. Walker didn't impress me either.

Ins... Duncan? Menzel. Not sure who two others would be as I didnt see the VFL. I heard Kerston played well so maybe bring him in for Walker.

Too angry, frustrated and bewildered last night to trust any posting on my part.

This week I'm not sure I care.

Hopefully the enthusiasm will return as the week wears on.

Simply gutted by the display against St Kilda.
This is exactly how I feel aswell mate.

This is exactly how I feel aswell mate.

It's just staggering that with so much on the line (finals chances) we turned up with little heart, intention and deplorable decision making / skills.

And Stevie J's debacle in the goal square was just cringeworthy.

It was a repeat of the Melbourne game in so many ways.

It's just staggering that with so much on the line (finals chances) we turned up with little heart, intention and deplorable decision making / skills.

The only reason that I'm excited for this game is to see Menzel play again. If it wasn't for that, I'd almost be done with footy for the year I reckon. Hopefully we can get a win for the great man. If anyone deserves it, he does. #menzelmania

The only reason that I'm excited for this game is to see Menzel play again. If it wasn't for that, I'd almost be done with footy for the year I reckon. Hopefully we can get a win for the great man. If anyone deserves it, he does. #menzelmania

Yep, I have the same sentiment.

This week I want to see - assumng I'm masochistic enough to watch - Menzel, heart, intensity, smarter play and.....oh, I dunno - maybe some ball skills??

We , in reality, are in the same position tonight with 2 points as would have been with 4 points. We were poor, but that is now in the past, and look at Swans- killing it again. Fickle, close season, no spot in the top 8 is settled yet, not one!
Adelaide still need to lose the next 2 to give us a hope.
We need to beat Collingwood.
That is all.

We , in reality, are in the same position tonight with 2 points as would have been with 4 points. We were poor, but that is now in the past, and look at Swans- killing it again. Fickle, close season, no spot in the top 8 is settled yet, not one!
Adelaide still need to lose the next 2 to give us a hope.
We need to beat Collingwood.
That is all.

Correct on all counts, but the tripe we brought against the Saints was just so deflating.

It's hard to comprehend how and when the boys will 'bring it' this year when they were so dismal in the face of a legend's 300th and again when they had the opportunity to secure a finals berth.

i'll bounce back, but as a supporter I was disgusted, and perhaps a little offended, at what they dished up.

Much as I hate them, I begrudgingly admire the spirit and passion with which the Dawks play for their jumper. They never give up, and dig very, very deep. The kind of guys you want beside you in the trenches.

It's a passion I've admired for many, many years, and one I wish the GFC would cultivate. They've come a long way since the 'handbagger' days, but geez, there's occasions where they meekly surrender like the old days.

Rant over.

Correct on all counts, but the tripe we brought against the Saints was just so deflating.

It's hard to comprehend how and when the boys will 'bring it' this year when they were so dismal in the face of a legend's 300th and again when they had the opportunity to secure a finals berth.

i'll bounce back, but as a supporter I was disgusted, and perhaps a little offended, at what they dished up.

Much as I hate them, I begrudgingly admire the spirit and passion with which the Dawks play for their jumper. They never give up, and dig very, very deep. The kind of guys you want beside you in the trenches.

It's a passion I've admired for many, many years, and one I wish the GFC would cultivate. They've come a long way since the 'handbagger' days, but geez, there's occasions where they meekly surrender like the old days.

Rant over.
Our boys don't throw in the towel either,we look s**t house at times because our game plan doesn't suit the demographics of the team and struggles big time to side who move the ball quickly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our boys don't throw in the towel either,we look s**t house at times because our game plan doesn't suit the demographics of the team and struggles big time to side who move the ball quickly.

All good.

Just stinging a little still is all.

Brought back memories of some insipid efforts from times past.

All good.

Just stinging a little still is all.

Brought back memories of some insipid efforts from times past.
I wasn't having a shot just making an observation,but I tell you now if this trade,draft period and the 2016 preseason are not heavily focused on winning clearances heads should roll we simple have to turn that around and we won't do that without a 100% effort from the top.

I wasn't having a shot just making an observation,but I tell you now if this trade,draft period and the 2016 preseason are not heavily focused on winning clearances heads should roll we simple have to turn that around and we won't do that without a 100% effort from the top.

I knew you weren't having a go YPO, but can see how my post might've been construed as an ill-tempered, spoilt one.

And you're right. I certainly hope we see a huge focus and improvement on our clearances next year, or else.

The club's bean counters would have budgeted for a big crowd on Friday night - howeve the pies supporters have gone into hibernation and there are a number of disillsioned cats fans as well. Menzel back in the line up will hopefully help the size of the gate.

We need to get off to a better start with a much stronger first quarter outcome and put the Pies to the sword early. A better defensive effort is also important given how the Saints played us.

Rant over.
Is it possible both Hawthorn and Geelong were very flat and stuffed after their game last week? That game historically takes a lot out of our team.
Interesting both teams looked off the pace early on, in different but also similar ways.

I'm staggered at the lack of understanding some posters have. Staggered. Vardy is a ruckman. He was sensational last night considering it was his first week back. When interviewed he's been clear that his role Is as a ruck.

As far as changes - chris Scott is on record as saying they won't be playing a vfl player off of a 5 day break. So Inclusions will Come from listed players who DIDNT play VFL.

Stokes. Smedts. Menzel. Clark.

My guess is -

Stokes in for Caddy
Menzel in for walker
Smedts in for bews
I can't see Bews out....he was very very good on Elliott last time and gets another crack IMO... sure as hell don't want Smedts in that role.

Gregson is tired and maybe out for Menz? Lang looked to be struggling a touch and was very fumbly... though not sure if that is a fatigue thing.

I'll take a stab at Smedts/Menz in and Caddy/Gregson out....keeping in mind Menz has played a lot of midfield mins in his time in the 2s.

I'm really just guessing though of course

I think they'll look at Kersten again after today's VFL and Walker's non-event last night.

What's the point though?
We know he won't star. He might only give us a few marks & kick a goal and then have the fans calling for his head, so again, why play him?

These are young inexperienced players. 15, 25, 35 games into their careers and most of the supporters expect them to be dominating, or producing similar statistics to what Hawkins, Clark and other 27 year old's produce on a weekly basis.

Not sure what our forward setup will look like...

It seems clear Vardy is in the side as a ruckman. If you drop Walker, do you bring in Kersten? I feel that even if Vardy rests forward, you still need more than Hawkins down there. If Stanley was available it would be a different story.

Having said all that, I'm expecting and hoping for one of...

IN: Menzel, Duncan
OUT: Gregson, ???

IN: Menzel, Duncan, Kersten
OUT: Gregson, ???, Walker

People have been suggesting Gregson out for a number of weeks now (due to fatigue) but it hasn't happened. Wonder how the club see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back