Official Team Thread Geelong Gumbies S18 Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

StudsDuds_170512_648x365_2235861561-hero.jpg

The weekly segment where we find out who was the STUD & DUD of the week. This is purely a SIM stat based award and holds no bearing on individual awards at seasons end.

Each week we will have a different STUD and DUD sponsor of the week depending on what shone and what was shite of that week. However we will have some familiar faces as permanent Sponsors.

Round 15 results coming up!

OfYGY.gif

Geelong Gumbies : 17.8.110
Dragons FFC : 15.16.106
What a cracking come back team. A fitting way to celebrate peterss 200th game, well done Pete. Outstanding belief amongst this group and I could not be prouder of you. We made some team changes which could have disrupted us as players found their feet but they paid off.

We started slowly and had a mountain to climb when we where 38 points down at half time. We clawed our way back into it during the 3rd to trail by 21 points but still had a lot to do but we never gave in. We dug deep and kept pushing the ball forward and finally we edged ourselves in front courtesy of a DREAM TEAM BUFF special.

This could well be the springboard that launches our assault on the premiership, but we must remain focussed. Poor starts like we had tonight will not always be hauled back. We need to find some consistency in our games. Last week we started well, this week we ended well. We need to put 4 quarters together and if we do that we will be very hard to beat.

We had contributors all over the park tonight. GETSOMENUTS bounced back with true grit and controlled the back half with 21 possessions, Spanna65 looked right at home on the wing with 22 touches, another HBF in apollo_creed put together a solid 22 disposals, in his first ever game in the ruck Hatchy1992 got the better of 2 opponents with 16 possessions and 17 hitouts and this will no doubt give him a lot of confidence and we can expect better from him around finals time. Match winning hero DREAM TEAM BUFF kicked 5 goals including "That" goal, swannies collected 20 disposals and ABH put in a Captains effort with 22 touches and 8 tackles and a game high 89 DT points.

Nominations for Stud of the Week - ABH, Hatchy1992, Spanna65, apollo_creed, GETSOMENUTS, DREAM TEAM BUFF

Congratulations to Stud of the Week Sponsor the South Sydney Rabbitohs after 43 heart breaking years they have finally won the NRL Premiership. Booted out of the competition not that long ago and being the easy beats of the comp for many years they bounced back this season and proved that fairy tales can happen. Celebrate hard tonight Bunnies as you are the Stud sponsor of the Week.

20141005001041047577-original.jpg

STUD of the Week - Spanna65

154475.jpg

Dud of the Week - N/A

Stud
Round 1 - Mr Gor
Round 2 - A Bit High
Round 3 - Mr Gor
Round 4 - apollo_creed
Round 5 - typeclub
Round 6 - GETSOMENUTS
Round 7 - Tayl0r
Round 8 - SM
Round 9 - Tayl0r
Round 10 - GETSOMENUTS & ABH
Round 11 - ABH
Round 12 - ABH & GSN
Round 13 - Tayl0r
Round 14 - Hatchy1992
Round 15 - Spanna65

Dud
Round 1 - A Bit High
Round 2 - peterss
Round 3 - N/A
Round 4 - A Bit High
Round 5 - N/A
Round 6 - N/A
Round 7 - N/A
Round 8 - N/A
Round 9 - N/A
Round 10 - typeclub
Round 11 - peterss
Round 12 - N/A
Round 13 - N/A
Round 14 - N/A

Round 15 - N/A

GumbyCentralButton_final_med-300x300.png
images

66951.jpg
SM

This weeks "In the Spotlight" is our keen Sydney Swans fans and loyal Gumbie Rover SM. SM joined the club during the S17 season and has grown from strength to strength. A future leader of the club SM shows a tremendous attitude On & Off the field. As we embark on a premiership assault rest assured that SM will leave no stone unturned as he does everything he can to help bring the prize home. Sit back relax and enjoy a chat with SM.

- How did you get involved with the Gumbies?
A Bit High contacted me towards the end of S 17 with the offer to join the Gumbies, and I couldn't say no to an offer to join the best team in the comp.

- What is your favourite thing about the Gumbies?
I think my favourite thing is the team spirit we've fostered. A number of the players on the team are familiar to me either from the Association Football Board or the Sydney Swans board, and it makes the banter during the week much more enjoyable.

- What has been your best moment so far in the games you have played?
I think I had a huge game against the Swamprats last season after a few games in the midfield, over 30 disposals from memory.

- Favourite Match Thread this Year?
I think against the Furies? I got pretty involved that week and had a big one and enjoyed the banter with the opposition.

- If you could change one thing about the club, what would it be?
The club is pretty perfect, why change perfection?

- 3 Gumbies you would want to be on an island with and why?
Soph, Tayl0r and.... do I have to have a third?

- What do you do in RL for a job?
I'm a student who works part time for an Accounting firm so as you can see lots of spare time.

- Your favourite AFL Player?
Kieren Jack.

- Best RL AFL match you have been to?
2012 GF.

- Favourite Meal?
Crumbed cutlets with bacon.

- Favourite Beverage?
A nice cold beer never goes astray.

- Favourite Movie?
Star Wars Episode IV

- Favourite Album?
Dreams - Evermore

- Any other Sports you follow?
Football (soccer to the plebs) is a minor passion of mine... only minor mind you!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back