Official Team Thread Geelong Gumbies S18 Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Perhaps it was because i put 6 and not 5 in that post?

Did you receive my tag in the Survey Thread?

Yeah I did. I don't know enough players from other teams to be any use doing that lol.

StudsDuds_170512_648x365_2235861561-hero.jpg

The weekly segment where we find out who was the STUD & DUD of the week. This is purely a SIM stat based award and holds no bearing on individual awards at seasons end.

Each week we will have a different STUD and DUD sponsor of the week depending on what shone and what was shite of that week. However we will have some familiar faces as permanent Sponsors.

Round 14 results coming up!

Geelong Gumbies 13-4-82
Baghdad Bandits 10-8-68
Well done team we have clinched a finals birth for S18. During a 24 hours that plenty has occurred at our club we won this one for GETSOMENUTS and boy weren't we on fire early. Our 6 goal to 1 first term paved the way for our victory and while the Bandits did come at us, we steadied when it mattered and reversed our round 1 result to claim a 14 point victory.

Now conditions were pretty tough out their given the rain so the usual 20+ touches did not occur but we did have several players who did plenty to get us over the line. On a day where goals were hard to come by DREAM TEAM BUFF kicking 4 straight was invaluable. Hatchy1992 continued his consistent season with a Gumbie high 19 disposal and a fantastic 8 marks in greasy conditions. Mr Gor and ABH collected 18 possessions, Bucketss got 17 and Spanna65 collected 16 touches.

Nominations for STUD of the Week - Hatchy1992, Bucketss, Spanna65 DREAM TEAM BUFF

Stud of the Week Sponsor is an easy one this week after yeterdays lack lustre AFL GF. But why was it so....because Hawthorn played the most perfect game. From the begining they outplayed, out muscled and out performed the Swans. They were harder at the contest and forced the Swans into mistake after mistake and then they just belted them to take out their 12th premiership. An incredible performance considering they won their first flag in 1961 thus they have won 12 in 53 seasons.

Well done Hawthorn FC our Studs of the Week

5773996-3x2-700x467.jpg

Nominations for Dud of The Week - N/A

STUD of the Week - Hatchy1992
Dud of the Week - N/A

Stud
Round 1 - Mr Gor
Round 2 - A Bit High
Round 3 - Mr Gor
Round 4 - apollo_creed
Round 5 - typeclub
Round 6 - GETSOMENUTS
Round 7 - Tayl0r
Round 8 - SM
Round 9 - Tayl0r
Round 10 - GETSOMENUTS & ABH
Round 11 - ABH
Round 12 - ABH & GSN
Round 13 - Tayl0r
Round 14 - Hatchy1992

Dud
Round 1 - A Bit High
Round 2 - peterss
Round 3 - N/A
Round 4 - A Bit High
Round 5 - N/A
Round 6 - N/A
Round 7 - N/A
Round 8 - N/A
Round 9 - N/A
Round 10 - typeclub
Round 11 - peterss
Round 12 - N/A
Round 13 - N/A
Round 14 - N/A

Last edited:
Attention Geelong Gumbies
Just an FYI that GETSOMENUTS has needed to take some time away from the SFA. He has not retired but his posting as seen in recent weeks will be at a minimum due to RL stuff going on. We fully support GSN in his personal life and wish him all the best and a quick return to our club.

He has asked that the Ruck role be given to a more active poster as that is the club policy.

So who wants it?

If the Ruck position is something you desire please PM me your interest.

Hope to be flooded with PM's very soon.

Cheers
ABH

Last edited:
GumbyCentralButton_final_med-300x300.png
images

With the news that GETSOMENUTS has decided to take some time away from the SFA due to RL stuff, I think it appropriate to spend some time with the hard man of the Gumbies. A leading ruck man in the SFA, our current VC, our Gumbies Best 1st year player from S17 and a true leader of our team. We will miss him but will also welcome his return so sit back relax and enjoy a moment with GSN.

49861.jpg
GETSOMENUTS

- How did you get involved with the Gumbies?
They offered the most moolah in a brown paper bag!!
Seriously, I just clicked on the link on The Freshbananas sig.

- What is your favourite thing about the Gumbies?
Groupies.
Nah, just the people in the club. Its pretty relaxed and no BS.

- What has been your best moment so far in the games you have played?

First game, dominating the ruck so far this season.

- Favourite Match Thread this Year?

Furies

- If you could change one thing about the club, what would it be?

The name. Without a doubt. Not a fan of the mascot name. Those who thought it up need to be drug tested.

- 3 Gumbies you would want to be on an island with and why?

Mmmmmm, tough one. Im sure Taylor will get plenty of votes here, but outside of the fact she is a chick, she is great company. Probably, A Bit High, also a good bloke and can provide plenty of Jack. And raffle off third position.

- What do you do in RL for a job?

I manage a group of monkeys and try to get them to build houses in a decent time frame

- Your favourite AFL Player?Of all time?

Peter Daicos. Current day player, probably Pendles.

- Best RL AFL match you have been to?2002 Prelim against the crows.

Was a close game for most of it, the atmosphere was crazy. I was hugging complete strangers after goals in the last quarter.

- Favourite Meal?

Lasagne

- Favourite Beverage?
Whiskey

- Favourite Movie?

Too many to mention.

- Favourite Album?

As above

- Any other Sports you follow?

Heaps, Basketball, Gridiron, Baseball, Soccer, Ice Hockey

Important Announcement
Hi fellow team mates. With the news of GSN having to take time away from the SFA due to RL reasons the leadership group have been in discussion as to what we need to do as a club moving forward. We have asked for expressions of interest for the vacant Ruck role and we have also been discussing the vacant Vice Captain's position.

It gives me great pleasure to announce that Tayl0r has accepted the role as VC of the club.

Tayl0r was the All SFA Centre Half Back in S16 and won the Gumbies Most Improved in S17. Tayl0r has been outstanding in both On & Off field activity and is a highly respected participant amongst the SFA as indicated by some of the responses in the recent SFA survey. I look forward to working with Tayl0r as we look to take this club to the next level with some exciting things being already discussed moving forward.

Please join me in congratulating Tayl0r on this appointment.

I would also like to announce that Mr Gor will step into a role as Deputy Vice Captain. This highly respected member of our club, Mr Gor is a former Best & Fairest and continues to assist me and the leadership group with his knowledge and understanding of the league. He is a dominant force On the field and his contribution Off the field does not go unnoticed.

Please again join me in congratulating Mr Gor on his appointment and lets wish both players all the very best for the remainder of S18 and beyond with the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good decisions to promote those players to 2 important roles by A Bit High. Both well deserved.

Also, I have updated the facebook page to reflect that.

Hey MoFo's Im still here. Just :)

All good mate, do what you need to do in RL and we will be here when you're ready.

We have some unfinished business to attend to in S19 and you need to be with us for the amazing ride that you helped start.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back