No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think if someone coached 4 premiership at a club that would be their “home” rather than somewhere that you played 90 odd pretty average games but anyway let the Norf fans keep carrying on with the “he’s home” shite- they never get to win anything anymore
I guess you’ve missed all the “bring Noah Anderson home” posts every time his name comes up.

Pretty good result in the end. And I don't just mean Clarko not signing with Essendon. I like that the North fans got a bit of a scare. But I really like that the Essendon fans got so excited only to be left with egg on their faces.

A great moment from Clarkson. We can all breath a sigh of relief that he signed with North. If he had landed at Essendon I reckon it would have changed things forever for many people.
Could this have just been a masterful troll on Essendon by Clarkson. Payback for Robson defecting. Has completely wrecked their club in a week

You think if someone coached 4 premierships at a club that would be their “home” rather than somewhere that you played 90 odd pretty average games but anyway let the Norf fans keep carrying on with the “he’s home” shite- they never get to win anything anymore

The other thing making me sick though

"Alastair is coming home"

What a load of c**p

Weird thing to get riled up about. He did start his career there after all, the quality of his games is a needless jab too.

You're coming across as jilted lovers. Remember, we moved him on...

Unfortunately same thing was said about Carlton this time last year. It’s better when these crap clubs think they are on the right path and don’t blow up and make the necessary change.

Hopefully they do get Hird back and make little change.
That’s the thing with Essendon, they’re convinced they’re one piece of the puzzle shy of dynasty.

Clarko presser is pretty fascinating. I’ll put my hand up and say that I didn’t think he was talking to Essendon in any meaningful way. He says that they were never any serious chance, it was a left field last ditch proposal, they only chatted once, which was on Tuesday, and that he only met Barham out of respect to the club. Denies instigating it in any way.

Maybe he should have told them to * off, and to be honest I’m surprised he didn’t, but if what he saying is true and he sounded pretty genuine, then I don’t think he’s worthy of some of the vitriol thrown around these parts this week.

Could this have just been a masterful troll on Essendon by Clarkson. Payback for Robson defecting. Has completely wrecked their club in a week

If so, I am back in the "Clarko may actually be a wizard" camp

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarko presser is pretty fascinating. I’ll put my hand up and say that I didn’t think he was talking to Essendon in any meaningful way. He says that they were never any serious chance, it was a left field last ditch proposal, they only chatted once, which was on Tuesday, and that he only met Barham out of respect to the club. Denies instigating it in any way.

Maybe he should have told them to * off, and to be honest I’m surprised he didn’t, but if what he saying is true and he sounded pretty genuine, then I don’t think he’s worthy of some of the vitriol thrown around these parts this week.
100%
People go around challenging the integrity of people they don't even know based on what is reported here or twitter.
Take the man at his word unless is word his proven to be worth nothing.

Last edited:
Also interesting that Clarkson seemingly conceded that he needs good people like Fagan, Viney etc. around him due to his strong character. Looks like he has had time to reflect and could possibly have been a discussion North initiated looking back at his style and success.

WTF. Mercy Seat was the one saying that the media were all making up the Clarkson/Essendon courtship.

Clarkson admitted that he'd been talking to Essendon yesterday.
Did he, really..?
Respectfully SYL, while you're entitled to your opinion, most of your related posts were simply parroting the media's purely speculative related reports which also included reinterpreting Clarkson's recent comments to the media seagulls. While this may promote further discussion, in my view it's never a particularly wise pursuit.
Moreover, entertaining an expression of interest from a prospective employer is a long/long/long way from entering into any meaningful dialogue related to discussing proposed terms and conditions...

I also note, similar anti-Clarkson criticisms and insults by other posters are at best confusing, given his 18 year history, achievements, loyalty and dedication at our club..?

Last edited:
If I was Rutten, I wouldn't even be bothering doing any coaching this week. Play everyone out of position and tell the players to do whatever they want on field
Just as a nice little middle finger departing gift to the club who has royally screwed him over

What an absolute dumpster fire of a sporting club

Also interesting that Clarkson seemingly conceded that he needs good people like Fagan, Viney etc. around him due to his strong character. Looks like he has had time to reflect and could possibly have been a discussion North initiated looking back at his style and success.

Mmm. Maybe Hodgey had already said privately what he said publicly the other week?

100%
People go around challenging the integrity of people they don't even know based on what is reported here or twitter.
Take the man at his word unless is word is proven to be worth nothing.
Exactly. What I said at the start of the week to Ned Ryerson was just calm down and wait to get more info / evidence before we stone the guy. I know what it all comes down to for a lot here is who instigated the contact first (Clarko, his manager or them) but Clarko clearly in this pressor has said it was them and that he only took the meeting due to the respect of the process. I guess everyone is in their own right to take / not take him on his word but I do. Will we ever know the total truth? Probably not but one thing I do know now is that Clarko is the enemy now but one that I don't hate as much as the * so the world doesn't feel as bad as what it could've been.

The other thing I am glad about is I won't have to sit through Clarko's post game pressor's anymore and cringe every time he says 'by and large' as a filler word 😂

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back