No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve Motlop has returned in outstanding shape. :D

12295253_542519082588991_7423468408574239621_n.jpg

Loving the drummer in AC/DCs River Plate concert playing on ONE HD atm.

Playing flat out with a tailor made stuck to his lip. Freakin awesome.

For some reason I have not ever gotten into these guys f knows why not....this concert is going off with half of the city there by the looks.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

For some reason I have not ever gotten into these guys f knows why not....this concert is going off with half of the city there by the looks.

I only liked them when Bon Scott was around, the songs from that era are awesome, really don't like much that they've done since he died (unpopular music opinions thread?).

I only liked them when Bon Scott was around, the songs from that era are awesome, really don't like much that they've done since he died (unpopular music opinions thread?).

Ha, ha, now we know how old you are!

I can remember seein AC/DC on Countdown and enjoying their music, just an Aussie band playing interesting songs.

Had no idea they would be a mega band worldwide.

Ha, ha, now we know how old you are!

I can remember seein AC/DC on Countdown and enjoying their music, just an Aussie band playing interesting songs.

Had no idea they would be a mega band worldwide.

Well I never actually said I was around then ;)

(I thought my posts about attending GFs in the 80s gave it away anyway :oops: ).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of 13-15 was 14 the best? Or do I just think that cause that's the one I went to?

I think it was the best too and I didn't get to go to any of them. Best for me because of who we beat and how comprehensive it was. 13 was a dull match and West Coast just seemed like lambs to the slaughter.

Fair enough...although he was only with the band a short time they achieved some amazing things.

They have also done pretty well over the last 35 odd years considering they were going to disband after Bons death.

Out of 13-15 was 14 the best? Or do I just think that cause that's the one I went to?

As someone who has gone to all of them, each was amazing for different reasons.

2013: First flag after an arguably disappointing '09-12. Redemption for 2012. Beating the greatest pressure team of all time. Max Bailey gets a flag. Brian is the messiah, and not just a very naughty boy.

2014: Redemption for 2012. Franklin losing. Huge margin that meant we could enjoy the win early in the game. Cyril gets back in time. Franklin sitting alone on the team bus for half an hour after the game. Hodgey's second NS medal. Hodgey's 250th. Jesus gets his much deserved flag. Matty Suckling gets a flag. Langford tears Sydney a new one. Back to back flags.

2015: Threepeat! Another easyish win that we could enjoy early on. Cyril laps up those Geelong tears with his NS medal. The Cyril chants, just amazing. Lakey's smother and joke at Josh Hill's expense. Frawley shuts up the doubters with an amazing finals series.

Overall it's they are all amazing, and like children, you should love all of them. But everyone always has a favourite, and it's hard to go past 2014, just ahead of 2015 for me.

Watched this as well surfing for a music channel. First tour in 13 years over there apparently. The crowd was young too which was amazing considering how old the band is. It was great to watch. I have never seen a crowd move like that. Been to 2 AC/DC concerts one in Hobart and 1 in Adelaide. Would swap both to have gone to the River Plate one….wow.

Last edited:
Richmond have gone ahead and put their new Rioli in their old Rioli's #17.

No pressure on the kid. Certainly won't make it all the more embarrassing if he doesn't end up being the second coming. Third coming if you include Cyril...

I like that we make our players earn the significant lower numbers.

Except TOB and #23. That one came a bit early. Possibly just a bit of a message to Buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back