No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That back loaded Franklin contract is starting to bite more as each year passes?
GW450H270

That back loaded Franklin contract is starting to bite more as each year passes?
This year is the hardest hit, and next year, They would want a premiership in it and hope nobody leaves, once the cap space is lifted then they might be able to bring guys in

Nice to see the AFL.com.au media department continuing to show zero interest in actual decent analysis
Well done Nat I'm sure your boss will be proud of your lack of attention to detail

Sam Mitchell: Mitchell spent most of the 2015 season playing at half-back and the positional change seemed to reinvigorate the 33-year-old. The former captain averaged 31 disposals per game, his best figures since his career began in 2002. He finished third in the Peter Crimmins Medal and was also ranked No.1 in the League for total effective disposals. Mitchell is set to notch up his 300th game in round 16 after the Hawks' bye, and while he is in the final year of his contract, he could very well play on beyond 2016. - Nat Edwards

So McGuire thinks there should be a 12 team finals series. Why not do away with the H & A series completely and have an 18 team finals series? Or just enshrine the right that Collingwood is always there?

Or is he just upset that the Pies aren't getting the column space with Carlton being a basket case and Essendon being reviled? Aren't naked selfies enough Ed?
Mr McGuire, how about a push for other things like standardizing size of all AFL grounds!:confused:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-01-30/experience-exodus-wont-send-swans-tumbling-longmire

Checkout this puff piece over at AFL.com. Blatant propaganda that unconvincingly pleads with Swans fans to stay on the bandwagon despite the team losing 5 experienced players over the offseason.

I've been keeping mental track of the articles this sad excuse for a website has run since the GF and a disturbingly high percentage have involved Sydney, GWS & Gold Coast. If there is literally anything remotely positive to be said about any of these three clubs you can guarantee they'll be an article gushing over it in short order.
Meanwhile, positive articles about the reigning premiers have been virtually non-existent. Which I seem to recall is in very stark contrast to 2012 when the Swans won the GF.

Its a wonder the AFL bothers to maintain the pretense of neutrality at all you might say, because its something they do about as well as investigating tanking allegations or conducting anti-doping hearings.
The truth of it is, the AFL don't want clubs like ours in the competition. They want a few clubs and Collingwood, and all their financially invested "super" clubs - who aren't super, but they'll die trying in an attempt to line their pockets.

Yes, and we're the rich club they don't want. Always had it in for us since we voted "NO" to the AFL*-sponsored "merger" with Melbourne.

Richmond needs to change their colours. Not even Serena Williams can win a final in yellow & black.

Glad Angie won, if only because if Serena had won, KB would have crapped on about her wearing yellow and black, and that being an omen for the Tigers this year. Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton has only had a MVP season because of the time he spent at Richmond during the NFL off-season according to KB. :rolleyes:

So the hawthorn 'day' is cut by 25%. .

Edit. Gee, will england have spent the best part of two months in south africa. Did they travel by boat?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know if anyone has read the Ross Lyon article on afl website he calls out David Hale as someone they went after hard.

His ability to cover ruck and forward coaching, his teaching background and his finals and premiership experience all mentioned by Ross as reasons that will make him really valuable to the Dockers.

Really interested to see whether there is a visible influence from Halestorm on the Dockers forward structures and Ruck tactics

Don't know if anyone has read the Ross Lyon article on afl website he calls out David Hale as someone they went after hard.

His ability to cover ruck and forward coaching, his teaching background and his finals and premiership experience all mentioned by Ross as reasons that will make him really valuable to the Dockers.

Really interested to see whether there is a visible influence from Halestorm on the Dockers forward structures and Ruck tactics
Yep I read the article. Sounds like Ross is totally fixated by Hawthorn and its been costing him sleep. Not surprising when you consider his club would have one, possibly two Premierships had it not been for us, instead he's still empty-handed.

If he tries to implement a precision kicking gameplan at the Shockers I wish him the very best of luck, there's so many poorly skilled players in that side it would never have a hope of working. Even Fyfe is a pretty ordinary kick, though obviously makes up for it in other areas.

It shouldn't take much.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

They are showing the 1984 Grand Final on Fox Footy :mad:

I have totally wiped out the year 1984 from my memory, the year does not exist for me and i have no recollection of any events taking place that year. My local doctor calls it selective memory.

Occasionally i wake up feeling anxious and break out into cold seats with flashbacks to that fatal day:eek::confused::eek:. My local doctor has told me to take deep breaths in through the nose and out through the mouth whenever these flashbacks occur.

I have totally wiped out the year 1984 from my memory, the year does not exist for me and i have no recollection of any events taking place that year. My local doctor calls it selective memory.

Occasionally i wake up feeling anxious and break out into cold seats with flashbacks to that fatal day:eek::confused::eek:. My local doctor has told me to take deep breaths in through the nose and out through the mouth whenever these flashbacks occur.

You never recover from games like that.

During the last quarter my face was like this: :mad: :eek: :cry:

... and then I ran out of the MCG.

I remember before we played Freo last year the reporters were asking Ross about how Freo will make sure they can exploit Sandilands dominance and he was more concerned with how dangerous Hale and McEvoy were forward and around the ball and that the purple Giant would have to work hard defensively. Seemed to really rate our Rucks more than you hear from the media or other fans.

McEvoy had 16 disposals, 7 marks and 2 goals, Hale 10, 3 and 1. Sandilands 16,10,0.

I remember before we played Freo last year the reporters were asking Ross about how Freo will make sure they can exploit Sandilands dominance and he was more concerned with how dangerous Hale and McEvoy were forward and around the ball and that the purple Giant would have to work hard defensively. Seemed to really rate our Rucks more than you hear from the media or other fans.

McEvoy had 16 disposals, 7 marks and 2 goals, Hale 10, 3 and 1. Sandilands 16,10,0.
He's not a stupid coach he's just in the same boat as the rest of the league, having the cattle and the ability to execute for 4 quarters and beat us when we are on

Lyon: 'So Haley, what do we need to do to kick more goals?'
Hale: 'The first thing you need to do is play a few players forward of the defensive 50 arc EVEN when the ball is in your backline.'
Lyon: 'Sounds like madness, David. You sure that can work?'
Hale: 'Yes, Ross. It has a proven track record.'
Lyon: 'Ok, David. I'll put that right here on the whiteboard among my many brilliant ideas.'
Hale: 'That's nice Ross. The second thing you need to do is kick the ball on the full to the players that are within scoring distance to goal.
Lyon: 'NO WAY! Wally and Bally are going to freak out if we do that. Usually the ball is just hacked forward from the wing into space and that is a trusted method we are all comfortable with.'
Hale: 'Yes, Walters and Balyntine can score goals from tumble-punt entries into the forward 50 but the good teams will defend this easily. Kicking it to them on the full will give them set shots at goal and a chance of scoring much more easily.'
Lyon: 'I'm speechless David. Is this really what they do at Hawthorn?'
Hale: 'Its what they do everywhere, Ross. Its what they do everywhere.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back