No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome**

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He had had open heart surgery recently hadn't he?

Very sad news. I remember him well, a great player and a lovely bloke.

Yes he did. Apparently turned up at the Melbourne B&F and everyone thought he had recovered. The Melbourne people must be devastated.

I remember when I was a kid Robbie Flower used to own the sports shop at Knox City shopping centre. I was only about 10 and I'd go in there and look at the footys and whatever else for god knows how long almost weekly. I had no money and was zero chance of buying anything. Robbie Flower would just look across at me, smirk and say hello :D

RIP

Robbie Flower was one of my favourite non-Hawk players growing up. If any player deserved team success, it was Flower. Alas, we did him no favours in the '87 Preliminary final. It was such an emotional game. At this distance in time i really only remember three players that day - Bucky, Tucky and Robbie Flower. He was elegant, skilful, fair and dignified. Vale, Robbie Flower. Thank you for the memories.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RIP Robbie Flower...met him as a young boy at his sports shop in Forest Hill..Soft handshake and a big smile...bought my first Hawks gear at his shop...sad day!

Did you grow up in the area HH? Spent the first 20 years of my life in Forest Hill..
Remember being dragged to the shopping centre with Mum to go to Robbie's sports store to buy footy gear for my brothers. Robbie was always very friendly and always ready for a chat especially with us kids. Just a lovely man.. RIP Robbie Flower.

Did you grow up in the area HH? Spent the first 20 years of my life in Forest Hill..
Remember being dragged to the shopping centre with Mum to go to Robbie's sports store to buy footy gear for my brothers. Robbie was always very friendly and always ready for a chat especially with us kids. Just a lovely man.. RIP Robbie Flower.
So did I Glasgow Hawk
I lived on Mahoneys rd Forest Hill!

I remember Robbie Flower's sports store really well
My brothers and I used to get our Hawk stuff for our duffle coats from there

Remember duffle coats? :)

So did I Glasgow Hawk
I lived on Mahoneys rd Forest Hill!

I remember Robbie Flower's sports store really well
My brothers and I used to get our Hawk stuff for our duffle coats from there

Remember duffle coats? :)

Too bizarre!! I lived in Paul Rd :eek: Steven Tyler

Ah the good old duffle coat. Only my brothers got the duffle coats.

Got my membership renewal in the mail - disappointed to see that it has gone up. I'm only an interstate member and don't get to attend any games so I think it's a bit rich that the price keeps increasing - it's not a huge amount to start with but annoying none the less. Might need to look at the no frills side of it but this means missing out on hawk talk. First world problem I know.

Got my membership renewal in the mail - disappointed to see that it has gone up. I'm only an interstate member and don't get to attend any games so I think it's a bit rich that the price keeps increasing - it's not a huge amount to start with but annoying none the less. Might need to look at the no frills side of it but this means missing out on hawk talk. First world problem I know.

Its a bit rich, other clubs are profligate soenders and clubs like ours, who they tried to bury 18 years ago are 'taxed' to pay for it

Quite the bargain basement fire sale North Melbourne are participating in.

I can't tell if it's funny or quite good for them.

Admittedly, North at their best are quite good, and Higgins/Waite at their best are quite good.
On the other hand, North slightly off is like watching a train wreck, and Higgins/Waite slightly off is like giving the opposition an extra player.

They'll finish top 6, but I just can't see these two propelling them to a grand final.

Is Essendon's trade department ran by their Big Footy posters? http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-03/dons-reject-port-offer

I think a fair trade is akin to buying a house. If both the buyer and the seller feel happy but slightly screwed over, it's about right.

Yes, agreed. 16 for Ryder sounds like a pretty good deal for me, especially when you consider Essendon won't be winning a flag for quite a few years, so they may as well start re-building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back