General MFC discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sure did. May have slipped in that I didn't go to more games because "the team is s**t" and "Would tell them to stay home cause we'll lose" when asked what I would do to encourage a supporter to come to the game :thumbsu::rainbow:
You know that last part was just for the competition to be in the team photo right?

Mine were 'I would be honest and tell them to support a team with a bit of pride, like the Western Bulldogs' - do you think I'll win?
Mine was pretty corny "Going to the footy is like being part of a family, with fellow members. It's great to be there win or loose" Something similar to that just probably shorter

Sure did. May have slipped in that I didn't go to more games because "the team is s**t" and "Would tell them to stay home cause we'll lose" when asked what I would do to encourage a supporter to come to the game :thumbsu::rainbow:

I'd like for the members office to separate surveys into serious and cynical responses. I wonder which pile would be bigger...

If you'd won, you could have made your comments in person. While they're taking the photo just fire off
Why blow the opportunity for some poor kid who actually still has hope. We all know that they'll eventually give it to someone like that.

And I don't think the club could afford the sports psych bill that the irreparable damage I'd do to their poor fragile egos :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While we're going off on tangents about prizes from the club.... I got a bone to pick with that bullshit "run like a Demon" s**t that Robbo does. What are the franking odds that he lazily picks some kid on the wing right behind him EVERY SINGLE WEEK. Good to see that the members who are doling out a premium to sit in a reserved seat are completely overlooked by the lazy franks every week. Why even bother doing it if you're just going to franking blatantly give it to the section closest to you every franking week. :mad:

I'd like for the members office to separate surveys into serious and cynical responses. I wonder which pile would be bigger...

37Jf4SE.gif

While we're going off on tangents about prizes from the club.... I got a bone to pick with that bullshit "run like a Demon" s**t that Robbo does. What are the franking odds that he lazily picks some kid on the wing right behind him EVERY SINGLE WEEK. Good to see that the members who are doling out a premium to sit in a reserved seat are completely overlooked by the lazy franks every week. Why even bother doing it if you're just going to franking blatantly give it to the section closest to you every franking week. :mad:

My sister won a pair of shoes from that and we were the other side of the ground! Helped that they gave away about 20 pairs of shoes that day.

Is anyone aware of any representations the club has made to the umpiring department this year? I'd be very disappointed if we hadn't. We have been fist *edby the maggots on a near weekly basis this season. How many times have we not been given anything in the first three quarters, followed by the predictable attempt to square the ledger up in the fourth by which time the game is over? I just watched the last quarter from last weeks game and you'd have to think the umps had money on the saints to beat the line. It just looked like cheating.

Is anyone aware of any representations the club has made to the umpiring department this year? I'd be very disappointed if we hadn't. We have been fist ****edby the maggots on a near weekly basis this season. How many times have we not been given anything in the first three quarters, followed by the predictable attempt to square the ledger up in the fourth by which time the game is over? I just watched the last quarter from last weeks game and you'd have to think the umps had money on the saints to beat the line. It just looked like cheating.
I understand we made representations after the last match. I would think we weren't alone for the week, but we were sensationally shafted in my view. Only I can't recall how I know that. I will research further.

I hate it when people waste time moaning about umpires.

Its cathartic. I don't think we've lost games due to umpiring calls, but we've certainly copped more than our fair share of howlers.

Its cathartic. I don't think we've lost games due to umpiring calls, but we've certainly copped more than our fair share of howlers.

I'm not so sure to be honest. If you ask every other supporter, they'll say the same about their team.

I reckon the umps do a pretty incredible job. It would be the hardest sport in the world to officiate, I imagine.

(No I'm not an umpire, never have been and don't know any umpires).

The umpiring hasn't cost us anything this year. I hate it when people waste time moaning about umpires.

That said, I did notice that there appeared to be a few mistakes in this weekends game.
Have yet to watch the replay, and would claim that you're right that the umps didn't cost us the Saints game. What it ended up doing was turning a close game into a belting. From the stands there appeared to be 2 sets of rules in the 3rd, will stand to correct myself after I watch the replay, but the fact that we were getting pinged as soon as they laid a tackle from a stoppage and would receive a ball up for our efforts was clearly a major contributor to the final scoreline. They had double the free kicks that we had at one point before the inevitable "catch up" frees. We were outplayed and would have lost regardless, but it doubt it would have been a 5 goal loss had whatever was there was payed for both sides.

Feel free to correct me if we were blatantly holding the ball 13 more times than the opposition on the TV...

Have yet to watch the replay, and would claim that you're right that the umps didn't cost us the Saints game. What it ended up doing was turning a close game into a belting. From the stands there appeared to be 2 sets of rules in the 3rd, will stand to correct myself after I watch the replay, but the fact that we were getting pinged as soon as they laid a tackle from a stoppage and would receive a ball up for our efforts was clearly a major contributor to the final scoreline. They had double the free kicks that we had at one point before the inevitable "catch up" frees. We were outplayed and would have lost regardless, but it doubt it would have been a 5 goal loss had whatever was there was payed for both sides.

Feel free to correct me if we were blatantly holding the ball 13 more times than the opposition on the TV...

No offense, and I dont direct this comment at you specifically deeco, but this is the kind of commentary that bores the s**t out of me.

I do agree in that I noticed a few frustrating decisions in the second half of the game - but like I said, it had no impact on the result. Its the second game this year where I have noticed the umpires making more than 1 or 2 mistakes.

In fact I dont think it even impacted the margin. The Saints were easily a 6 goal better side than us on the weekend.

I would be far more interested if you offered your thoughts on what we needed to do better, or what they did well to stop us, than moan about the umpires in a game where we were clearly beaten.

It would be the hardest sport in the world to officiate, I imagine.
I think that generally. Then I thought water polo. Not because I know a whole lot about it but because bits of it are underwater. Or maybe actual polo, what with the equines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back