General MFC discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I was thinking about one for at work... Something quick and easy,it may just be a gimmick but I'm not overly fussed. Hell if they're succseful they might become new sponsers of the club

Just looking at their Facebook page I'm considering picking the Podlife Group Buy "investment package" US$240

Doesn't that one have 4 shakers?

Every time CWaffles post, If i scroll by quickly the avatar looks like Ablett, but I realise it's our little bold champion. It's just a split second the brain thinks gee that gold coast supporter is on here a lot :p

Haha it does look a little Ablett-esque.

GAblett is so much skinnier than Jones, not so much this year but last year Jones just seemed to dwarf the bloke
Doesn't that one have 4 shakers?
Was thinking of this so I have a couple of spare shakers, plus the missus might like them.
How many pods do you get with the big boy? 4 packs isn't it?

Hypothetical:

The gods are throwing Melbourne a bone and decide either Tmac gets kicking skills or Dawes can mark overhead. What's your pick?

Dawes marking overheard every day of the week. I think Tmac will be a good player even if his disposal remains poor.

Some random thoughts on Howe, I like the way Roos is using him, just hope he doesn't let the ball go over the back anymore like he did a few times against Dogs. He reads the ball so well in flight and has decent disposal, also he is a bit quicker than people think. Playing on the 'worst' forward each week really makes our backline so much stronger.

Also a stat I read during the week, we are number one at preventing a score when the opposition goes inside 50.

Dawes marking overheard every day of the week. I think Tmac will be a good player even if his disposal remains poor.

Some random thoughts on Howe, I like the way Roos is using him, just hope he doesn't let the ball go over the back anymore like he did a few times against Dogs. He reads the ball so well in flight and has decent disposal, also he is a bit quicker than people think. Playing on the 'worst' forward each week really makes our backline so much stronger.

Also a stat I read during the week, we are number one at preventing a score when the opposition goes inside 50.
Tmac is a good player but he also has pace and a tank that don't get much use when we've got the ball because he's so inept at disposing of it. If he had more skills he could be a perfect CHB. Dawes with one on one skills would be pretty badass though at his size.

Hypothetical:

The gods are throwing Melbourne a bone and decide either Tmac gets kicking skills or Dawes can mark overhead. What's your pick?
The Gods doing Melbourne a favour? That'll be the day.

I would take McDonald discovering foot skills, but only if it came with some composure too. No point hitting targets if you're panicking and hitting opposition players on the tit. His kicking can be so damaging at least 2-3 times a game - in a bad way.

The Gods doing Melbourne a favour? That'll be the day.

I would take McDonald discovering foot skills, but only if it came with some composure too. No point hitting targets if you're panicking and hitting opposition players on the tit. His kicking can be so damaging at least 2-3 times a game - in a bad way.
Oh yeah the composure is a given. I've seen Nicholson drilling perfect laser passes in training drills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you guys see JKH as a small forward or a midfielder? He has looked really good the last two weeks, but I'm not sure whether his pace and polish is better in the middle or up forward. Obviously he should play up forward now because our midfield actually looks OK and he doesn't really have the body to break in just yet, but talking more long-term.

Do you guys see JKH as a small forward or a midfielder? He has looked really good the last two weeks, but I'm not sure whether his pace and polish is better in the middle or up forward. Obviously he should play up forward now because our midfield actually looks OK and he doesn't really have the body to break in just yet, but talking more long-term.
I don't think he would ever be a full time midfielder because he's potentially too valuable up forward... But if he can have the ability to go in and turn the game from the middle a la Cyril... Delicious.

I see him rotating through the middle on occasion, but primarily a small forward.

Defensive minded players who can jag a few goals are very hard to find - but invaluable.

Hypothetical:

Haha - great hypothetical.

I would take TMac with foot skills for sure though.

We have a weakness when it comes to kicking out of defense - and if you gave TMac good foot skills it would catapult him into being one of the most valuable players in the comp.

Trengove with genuine pace, or Blease able to accumulate
25+ per game?..

I'll go Trengove with pace. Blease getting 25 a game would be great, but I've seen him butcher a fair percentage of kicks because his wheels are ticking over much faster than his brain. A guaranteed 25+ per game might end up more of a curse in the end.

Let's be honest. At least 80% of the reason anyone here likes Blease is because of his irrational belief that his pace will win out in every single situation he's involved in no matter how farcical.

Ive always thought blease was a garbage footballer apart from his speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back