General MFC discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jay Kennedy Harris*

Fitz played in the back line and did quite well, looks to be his new role
King won most of the ruck contest and his leap is amazing to watch
JKH had a injury scare, nearly got chickened winged in a tackle but played out the game
Gus had a great game in the first half, really took the game on and won a lot of clearances, appeared to be tagged in the second half and had a solid effort in the 2nd. Looks good kicking on both feet.
Vince looked to have played with limited mins but still was effective, forgot how dangerous his kick is.
Michie, Van, Kent all had quiet games

Nice one mate.

Pretty consistent with the synopsis coming from demonland so thanks very much.

Nice one mate.

Pretty consistent with the synopsis coming from demonland so thanks very much.
Happy to help out
*problem is that i sit down at one end of the ground so can't see everything for those asking in the future*

hey MFC, any chance you could update the player profiles on the website? It's great seeing Lumumba and Bail in their 2015 guernseys but maybe you could update the others aswel seeing as there is under a week to go until our rd 1 game. Just a thought.

Heading up for the GWS game in Canberra. How tragic is it that part of my hotel choosing decision making process involves rationalising the chances that the MFC players + staff will be staying there too?

Heading up for the GWS game in Canberra. How tragic is it that part of my hotel choosing decision making process involves rationalising the chances that the MFC players + staff will be staying there too?

The Holiday Inn Canberra?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yep - in time for Fox Footy to switch coverage to the Swans v Bombers game which is scheduled to start at 4:35pm.
Thanks all, just wanted to know because the train leaves at 6:00 and it takes me a while to get back from southern cross from the G

I'm going to the Adelaide game I think... likely to be an absolute pounding I reckon.
Almost booked to do the same, and then realised that I've got a 21st on that night and a uni ball the night before, neither of which I want to go to but both of which I'm obliged to attend. Very disappointing haha.

Hey guys.

Sorry to intrude but I've been looking for your best 22 thread, can;t seem to find it. Anyhoo I've been posting my best 22's for all 18 clubs on the main AFL board. Would love to get your thoughts on Melbourne's BEST 22. Not necessarily the Round 1 team but the best available.

Good luck in 2015, just not against West Coast :)

FULL BACKS: Neville Jetta ~ Lynden Dunn ~ Jack Grimes
HALF BACKS: Jeremy Howe ~ Tom McDonald ~ Christian Salem

MIDFIELDERS:
Heritier Lumumba ~ Nathan Jones ~ Bernie Vince
FOLLOWERS: Mark Jamar ~ Dom Tyson ~ Jack Viney

HALF FORWARDS:
Jack Watts ~ Chris Dawes ~ Dean Kent
FULL FORWARDS: Jeff Garlett ~ Jesse Hogan ~ Sam Frost

INTERCHANGE:
Max Gawn ~ Daniel Cross ~ Ben Newton
SUB: Aaron vandenBerg

• Grimes hasn't been picked for tomorrow's game but I see him as a better offensive option than Garland is. Might just be my opinion but I think with Sam Frost's potential to be a swing man Garland won't be picked as much.
  • Lumumba's a key midfield addition because of the experience he brings to the side. Another big game player brought in by Roos and playing off a wing will allow him to be creative.
  • Kent V Bail on that HFF is really down to match selection. Kent the more offensive forward but if a defensive forward is required Paul Roos is a Bail fan. I prefer the offensive play of Kent personally
  • Garlett, Hogan, Frost is a new setup inside 50 but a setup involving athletic tall player, beast forward and crumber. Won't judge them on what I've seen yet but if it clicks well that setup could trouble defenses.
  • Newton and vandenBerg are new names but ball magnets in the midfield. Similar again to Roos's drafting and recruiting strategy of bigger bodied midfielders who win the ball and who will impact contests.

Hey guys.

Sorry to intrude but I've been looking for your best 22 thread, can;t seem to find it. Anyhoo I've been posting my best 22's for all 18 clubs on the main AFL board. Would love to get your thoughts on Melbourne's BEST 22. Not necessarily the Round 1 team but the best available.

Good luck in 2015, just not against West Coast :)

FULL BACKS: Neville Jetta ~ Lynden Dunn ~ Jack Grimes
HALF BACKS: Jeremy Howe ~ Tom McDonald ~ Christian Salem

MIDFIELDERS:
Heritier Lumumba ~ Nathan Jones ~ Bernie Vince
FOLLOWERS: Mark Jamar ~ Dom Tyson ~ Jack Viney

HALF FORWARDS:
Jack Watts ~ Chris Dawes ~ Dean Kent
FULL FORWARDS: Jeff Garlett ~ Jesse Hogan ~ Sam Frost

INTERCHANGE:
Max Gawn ~ Daniel Cross ~ Ben Newton
SUB: Aaron vandenBerg

• Grimes hasn't been picked for tomorrow's game but I see him as a better offensive option than Garland is. Might just be my opinion but I think with Sam Frost's potential to be a swing man Garland won't be picked as much.
  • Lumumba's a key midfield addition because of the experience he brings to the side. Another big game player brought in by Roos and playing off a wing will allow him to be creative.
  • Kent V Bail on that HFF is really down to match selection. Kent the more offensive forward but if a defensive forward is required Paul Roos is a Bail fan. I prefer the offensive play of Kent personally
  • Garlett, Hogan, Frost is a new setup inside 50 but a setup involving athletic tall player, beast forward and crumber. Won't judge them on what I've seen yet but if it clicks well that setup could trouble defenses.
  • Newton and vandenBerg are new names but ball magnets in the midfield. Similar again to Roos's drafting and recruiting strategy of bigger bodied midfielders who win the ball and who will impact contests.
I would have to disagree that grimes is better offensively than garland. Grimes is like a deer in the headlights when required to make quick decisions, hence the awful clangers. Garlands game has been slightly off, but he has the ability, grimes does not.
Kent vs bail....pfft. Bail cant find the thing often enough to be worthy...defensive presure?, nah i dont see it. Bail drops simply chest mark unopposed, and gives you at least 2 uuurgh moments per game. Kent please.
On the other note of forwards, i would hope by now that roosy has the balls to use howie forward at times when were controlling the footy. Defences get nervous when hes around, they know it takes more than one bloke to control him. So yeah, howe and frost swingmen sounds good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back