Other Gridiron Movies - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Do people discuss football books in this thread? Or should I start a new thread?

I just wanted to ask about a couple. And, if I'm honest, ask some questions about Amazon and Kindle...

Fire away Nobby.

btw I picked up a few from Amazon.. :thumbsu:

My top 5 as follows (in no particular order):

Invincible (ok it's probably number 1)
Friday Night Lights
Rudy
Undefeated
North Dallas Forty

I'll have to check out Undefeated..

Where's Remember The Titans on your list?? Haven't seen it? C'mon MAN! Takes Ruudy to the cleaners and The Express >>> Rudy.

Any Given Sunday is on GO Sydney right now. Probably half-way thru.

It's a movie that doesn't date, so relevenat with what goes on in not just in the NFL organization, but off-field characters/topics.

Got that on dvd.. initially it didn't grab me but how can you not like Al Pacino's 'inch by inch' speech … inspirational.

I'll have to check out Undefeated..

Where's Remember The Titans on your list?? Haven't seen it? C'mon MAN! Takes Ruudy to the cleaners and The Express >>> Rudy.

not really a fan of RTT, it's ok, just a little too cliched American football/racism in the US movie for me.

football scenes in it are handled pretty well, but it's not in my top 5, not sure it would even scrape into my top 10.

i enjoyed the express, but i enjoyed rudy more.

not really a fan of RTT, it's ok, just a little too cliched American football/racism in the US movie for me.

football scenes in it are handled pretty well, but it's not in my top 5, not sure it would even scrape into my top 10.

i enjoyed the express, but i enjoyed rudy more.

seen 'Radio' with Cuba Gooding Jr?

I just watched it and it reminded me of Simple Jack from Tropic Thunder.

Worth watching?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eh, Don't care.

Most football movies are good movies.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

edited for accuracy.

The stinker football movies to avoid: Slaughter Rule and Big Fan.. absolute crapola.

Watched Draft Day yesterday as a classic 'bootleg' …. (who remembers that episode on Seinfeld when Kramer implicates Jerry to bootleg the movie 'Death Blow' after the ridiculous threat from Kramer's friend, Brodie… but Jerry has ridiculous demands himself) Thought it was ok with some amusing one liners. 6.5/10 for mine. RADIO and RUDY, a better film for mine.

Watched Draft Day yesterday as a classic 'bootleg' …. (who remembers that episode on Seinfeld when Kramer implicates Jerry to bootleg the movie 'Death Blow' after the ridiculous threat from Kramer's friend, Brodie… but Jerry has ridiculous demands himself) Thought it was ok with some amusing one liners. 6.5/10 for mine. RADIO and RUDY, a better film for mine.
I'd imagine this movie would be for NFL (possibly any sports nut) only. By that I mean my wife really enjoyed Any Given Sunday, The Replacements (Not as much) and others. But she may not be enthralled by the goings on behind the scenes for draft day.

Is Jerry Maguire considered a 'gridiron' movie? Seen it many times and really like it. (despite Cruise)

I'd imagine this movie would be for NFL (possibly any sports nut) only. By that I mean my wife really enjoyed Any Given Sunday, The Replacements (Not as much) and others. But she may not be enthralled by the goings on behind the scenes for draft day.

Is Jerry Maguire considered a 'gridiron' movie? Seen it many times and really like it. (despite Cruise)

Any Given Sunday had a barrage of almost everything… Draft Day was just one dimensional.. as you'd expect. Very thin plot line even though it was NFL savvy with current and previous real players getting a mention. Your mrs may appreciate the angle Draft Day comes in from but it's a featherweight movie compared to Rudy & Radio that tugs at the heart strings. There are many more that tug at the heart strings…I just like to mention those two as an example.

Has your mrs seen 'Friday Night Lights' the TV series? I know of a female who LOVED IT and she's not an American Football fan whatsoever..

Jerry Maguire was one of those cringe cast 'made for Hollywood' movies that only merits to be watched once without much whoo-haa.. love story try hard… meh.. gimme real SOCK IT YA emotion like 'THE EXPRESS'.. see what heart string pulls better.. I actually prefer 'THE PROGRAM' over Jerry McGuire.. when it comes to that slice of lovey dovey plot line.

Almost forget to mention.. INVINCIBLE.. now that's something for everyone.. bits n' pieces that come together to a fitting conclusion and it's BASED on a TRUE story!!

Last edited:
Any Given Sunday had a barrage of almost everything… Draft Day was just one dimensional.. as you'd expect. Very thin plot line even though it was NFL savvy with current and previous real players getting a mention. Your mrs may appreciate the angle Draft Day comes in from but it's a featherweight movie compared to Rudy & Radio that tugs at the heart strings. There are many more that tug at the heart strings…I just like to mention those two as an example.

Has your mrs seen 'Friday Night Lights' the TV series? I know of a female who LOVED IT and she's not an American Football fan whatsoever..

Jerry Maguire was one of those cringe cast 'made for Hollywood' movies that only merits to be watched once without much whoo-haa.. love story try hard… meh.. gimme real SOCK IT YA emotion like 'THE EXPRESS'.. see what heart string pulls better.. I actually prefer 'THE PROGRAM' over Jerry McGuire.. when it comes to that slice of lovey dovey plot line.

Almost forget to mention.. INVINCIBLE.. now that's something for everyone.. bits n' pieces that come together to a fitting conclusion and it's BASED on a TRUE story!!

We watched season 1-4 of Friday night lights in a week. She loved it.

Invincible was well done. Not over done and felt like it would have actually happened.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

Draft Day is endorsed by the NFL, made for the NFL, maybe even by.

That's why it will surely disappoint and why even the draft was pushed back till May....calendar of events, movie/draft promotion.

But apparently next year its returning to April also because coaches are complaining already they'll have two less weeks with their rookies which doesn't help NFL teams.

Draft Day is endorsed by the NFL, made for the NFL, maybe even by.

That's why it will surely disappoint and why even the draft was pushed back till May....calendar of events, movie/draft promotion.

But apparently next year its returning to April also because coaches are complaining already they'll have two less weeks with their rookies which doesn't help NFL teams.

What is hilarious is the casting of Denis O'Leary.. slapstick comedy when you find out his 'background plot' and what his salary is.. I found that incredibily amusing.. :D:D and I think you'll ( GG ) appreciate the double shuffle drafting moves that can only resemble the Pail Riders/ Teabaggers war room shenanigans. :D

What is hilarious is the casting of Denis O'Leary.. slapstick comedy when you find out his 'background plot' and what his salary is.. I found that incredibily amusing.. :D:D and I think you'll ( GG ) appreciate the double shuffle drafting moves that can only resemble the Pail Riders/ Teabaggers war room shenanigans. :D
Riders nee Baggers are very happy with their position in the upcoming Alpha draft ;)

If ESPN made a movie about Alpha it would be NSFW that's for sure.

Friday Night Lights really isn't about football. It's merely a plot device.
Not true. It's about "God and football and good friends living large in Texas, Texas Forever"

WWTRD?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back