Rumour Guess who's coming home?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Is it to early to reopen GaryAblett.com and flog off signed GC stuff?
Way to early. Wait until Gary Jnr. has a kid called Gary who becomes Gold Coast's first F/S. Then, reopen it halfway through the season leading up to when he becomes an RFA, when he's un-contracted (and in reality has already signed on with new suitor with more money). By then he'd be bored (although to be fair he probably wouldn't be a multiple premiership player) and need a new challenge. It's at that point when you reopen it! ;)

Good player but not a midfielder. I actually think our stocks of taller players is really healthy. We just have to get midfielders. Lots of them.
Yeah but he is a good key defender.. and young still... we worry about our ageing backline.. he would be a perfect player to slot in when Doms leaves, I'm glad we are asking the question at least

Yeah but he is a good key defender.. and young still... we worry about our ageing backline.. he would be a perfect player to slot in when Doms leaves, I'm glad we are asking the question at least
Agreed.

I don't see Kolo as a KPD. More a flanker type that can rebound and also shut down opposition players.
Once Loners and Riv go we have: Taylor, Blicavs, Delaney, Toohey and Read who would play back there.
3 of those are not even likely to earn senior selection for quite some time.

Good move by the club. We could do alot worse.

I've always been a fan of Henderson. Hopefully we really go after him.
We wouldn't be doing our due diligence as a professional club if we didn't ask the question on his availability IMO

Last edited:
Is he a FA?

Edit: No he isn't.

Depends on where we finish, but I'd say a 2nd round pick based on his output... potential would see something more substantial needed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trading cost or the cost of his salary? $400k - $450K and our first, second and third round pick for their second and third round pick, depending on where we both finish. I'm guessing that we'll finish mid table, perhaps not even make the 8, while they'll finish around 13th or 14th.

So it could be something like Geelong gain Henderson + pick #22 + pick #40 and Carlton gain pick #10, #28 and #46. Obviously I haven't adjusted for F/A, but it'll be a given that all the picks will invariably drop down the order. They should all still be fairly relative though, despite how many F/A picks are handed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back