GWS versus Geelong - rnd 18 Spotless Stadium, Saturday 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Why do you assume his frustration is directed at the umpires? I was getting pretty irritated myself, with a couple of our veteran defenders deciding to go 'bruise-free' well before the game had been sealed.

Because 9/10 it's after a free kick and he has a look of utter astonishment.

Massive crowd, GWS really building a footy culture in western Sydney and expanding the game.
The late starts don't really work in Sydney, the Swans might be able to draw but they're an established name with an established fanbase- but they were probably down in numbers compared to what they'd get for an afternoon game for the recent game against the Blues that was a Saturday night late start (still a great crowd turned up!). The impact is generally that families with little ones might not make the trek out, given GWS are specifically targeting families with little ones in an attempt at generational change then I think it's understandable their numbers are down.

The AFL needs to help GWS out a little more with scheduling next year, which is probably more of a general discussion than a game specific discussion I guess. If they want to build crowds they probably need to target just 2 windows for their home games and stick to them, and specifically not go with windows that don't work for GWS' target market. You obviously don't want to go too far out of your way to over accomodate, but most clubs have had something similar at some point (as a Swans fan you used to generally plan for a bunch of Sundays at 1:10) to help build their fanbase. It's only 8 fixtures, so it's both not conceding too much whilst also imperative that they get it right.

I am sick to f****n death of every f*****n game day thread talking about the f*****n crowd.

How many f*****n times do you f******n morons need to be f******n told that the crowd sits on the same side of the ground as the cameras.

I also don't recall who said it was 10degrees last night but it sure as s**t felt a hell of a lot colder than that.

You also don't get much crowd noise when everyone is clapping while wearing gloves.

Free tickets to school kids? Bugger all children there compared to usual games - given the game didn't finish until well after 10 and most people wouldn't have gotten home until well after 11 and Auskick was on at 8.30 this morning, the number of kids was way down.

Our club has one of (if not the) highest proportion of junior members - junior members bring mum and dad to the game. No kids and the adult turnout will be down as well.

It was a pretty good crowd who enjoyed the game. Can't ask for much more than that while building a club from scratch.

I am sick to f****n death of every f*****n game day thread talking about the f*****n crowd.

How many f*****n times do you f******n morons need to be f******n told that the crowd sits on the same side of the ground as the cameras.
Are you by chance a truckie ?
That's a lot of f'ns in one post

Remove this Banner Ad

Back