GWS versus Geelong - rnd 18 Spotless Stadium, Saturday 7:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

You replied to my post, which was directed at the various ******ish statements from a string of Swans supporters about how Geelong is the worst team ever to be second on the ladder. Nothing personal, but some of your fellow Swans fans are moving from the bloods spirit to out and out cocky flogs.

They are just observations mate no need to fly off the handle.

Yeah.
This game clearly hurt so have a go at Sydney. Lol
Yes, I'm just randomly lashing out.

Oh wait...

Sydney fan in this thread:

Certainty. They are most unconvincing of the Top 4 sides even taking into account Freo's shocker yet they sit 2nd.:confused:

Almost stole it? Looked like a pretty big choke job to me. Obviously that can happen with a young side but Geelong tried their best to give them that game.

I'm gonna go ahead and say Geelong is one of the least impressive teams in a long time to be top two on the ladder at this stage of the season.

This Geelong side has to be one of the worst Top 4 sides ever. Since the Hawthorn win they've been beaten comfortably by the good sides and have managed to scrape a lot of wins. Yes credit for scraping out victories, but they've looked pretty poor generally.

Will be in trouble in the near future.

Etc etc etc

Seems like an odd number of flogs from one team.

Geelong are winning games, but just, esp against lower team like bulldogs, gws, carlton etc etc. Thats great and all that, but come september time they will get destroy lol.

Honestly curious to know who you think will play them in the GF. If its not Geelong or Hawthorn ....?

Geelong won't be in the GF, they will get destroy by the better teams, they can't beat Hawks when it counts (GF, PF). Hopefully Geelong meets Sydney here again in the PF, and we give them another belting. Freo had an off day. Hawks has all the chance to be in another GF.

Geelong won't be in the GF, they will get destroy by the better teams, they can't beat Hawks when it counts (GF, PF). Hopefully Geelong meets Sydney here again in the PF, and we give them another belting. Freo had an off day. Hawks has all the chance to be in another GF.

Great to see the multi-cultured posting on Bigfooty.
I'm assuming English is your second language,with gibberish being your first.

I'm gonna go ahead and say Geelong is one of the least impressive teams in a long time to be top two on the ladder at this stage of the season.

Yet if we beat teams like the Dogs,Blues or GWS by 100pts we're called "flat-track bullies"
Can't win with the nuffies on Bigfooty.

I couldn't have given a fat rats if we won by 100 or just 1 point tonight,as long as we won.....which we did.
The same applies during the finals.

Yet if we beat teams like the Dogs,Blues or GWS by 100pts we're called "flat-track bullies"
Can't win with the nuffies on Bigfooty.

I couldn't have given a fat rats if we won by 100 or just 1 point tonight,as long as we won.....which we did.
The same applies during the finals.
Geelong are winning games, but just, esp against lower team like bulldogs, gws, carlton etc etc. Thats great and all that, but come september time they will get destroy lol.
I remember in 2009 when we beat your mob maybe by 5 or 6 points and were written off then after a number of poor results.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not the 2nd best team in it but Geelong are 2nd on the ladder with upcoming games to secure it. The North game firms as the important one as they'll beat Hawthorn and lose to Fremantle. I don't think they're a flag contender but if they put themselves in the right position, everyone knows they can pull off a string of wins. I wouldn't want to be Hawthorn and get them first week of finals and that's from someone who thinks Hawthorn should win the flag.

So brave so very brave

We can't all cheat the cap with AFL funds, very happy being 2nd while rebuilding with zero cheating.

The rivalry is a marketing ploy. It really has zero interest for anyone living in Sydney.
Just about every rivalry is a marketing ploy. Do you really think the Carlton and Collingwood players give a s**t about each other? The fans like it. The stakeholders (AFL, Eddie, Channel 7, etc) pump the rivalry up all through the week in order to sell 10,000 extra tickets and boost the TV ratings.

I reckon you get real rivalries between the players of the premiership contenders. These real rivalries last a few years while the clubs remain at the top and eyeball each other for the flag. (e.g. Ess v Haw 1983-1986, Syd v WCE 2005-07, Haw v Geel 2008-14)

Rivalries are one of the most overrated things in football. It's really just the fans and people in the media people swapping stories from Monday to Friday in the build-up to a much-anticipated game. The Hawthorn v Geelong rivalry of recent years was as real as any I've experienced, but at it's core, it's two of the best teams of the year desperate to get the edge over a likely September foe (and the 4 premiership points.) That's really the extent of it. People on here like to wind each other up and invest their emotional energy in it, but it's all in their heads. Cyclical bragging rights and silly games we play.

Why is he shaking his head? **** off Scott mark every day of the week.

Cameron keeps them alive!

Cause he's a Scott brother. They've never ever had a legitimate free kick against them ever.

Why do you assume his frustration is directed at the umpires? I was getting pretty irritated myself, with a couple of our veteran defenders deciding to go 'bruise-free' well before the game had been sealed.

Another game this season the pussies did not deserve to win ! this team gets a dream draw every ****in year ... s**t teams at home and a few blockbusters in Melbourne . Average team this year .

Ok, I'll play along. Take any recent season you like and we'll do a bit of compare and contrast with Geelong's fixture, against the other teams in the league.

I mean, you do realise that the fixture is deliberately set so the top teams from the previous year get significantly tougher fixtures on paper than the also-rans, who then have tougher fixtures than the cellar dwellers? 'Dream draw'...I think I've heard it all.

Another game this season the pussies did not deserve to win ! this team gets a dream draw every ****in year ... s**t teams at home and a few blockbusters in Melbourne . Average team this year .
We get to play every team once (like every other side) so I don't know how that's supposed to be a dream draw. We play Hawthorn, Fremantle, NM (yes - we play three top 8 teams twice this year), Carlton, & Brisbane twice, and have had five interstate games. We played PA at AO and had a six day break, then played NM at Simonds followed by another six day break, and then played Sydney at the SCG!!!

If that's a dream draw then I'm the Pope. Geelong has gotten one of the hardest draws for about five seasons in a row now. You should seriously check your facts before you comment because it makes you look 'mentally irregular' posting crap like this.

Last edited:
Where do I get Mick Molloy's job?? Talk crap and make stupid gags for an hour or so before the game, then go and drink stubbies for the rest of the night. Tough life

Should be Les Norton gig…He'd be funnier

Go Catters

Ablett =2 compensations picks. o_O
Scully = 2 compensation picks
Ward = 1.

NEVER FORGET.

EFA

And you thin YOU got ****ed….

Go Catters

Just about every rivalry is a marketing ploy. Do you really think the Carlton and Collingwood players give a s**t about each other? The fans like it. The stakeholders (AFL, Eddie, Channel 7, etc) pump the rivalry up all through the week in order to sell 10,000 extra tickets and boost the TV ratings.

I reckon you get real rivalries between the players of the premiership contenders. These real rivalries last a few years while the clubs remain at the top and eyeball each other for the flag. (e.g. Ess v Haw 1983-1986, Syd v WCE 2005-07, Haw v Geel 2008-14)

Rivalries are one of the most overrated things in football. It's really just the fans and people in the media people swapping stories from Monday to Friday in the build-up to a much-anticipated game. The Hawthorn v Geelong rivalry of recent years was as real as any I've experienced, but at it's core, it's two of the best teams of the year desperate to get the edge over a likely September foe (and the 4 premiership points.) That's really the extent of it. People on here like to wind each other up and invest their emotional energy in it, but it's all in their heads. Cyclical bragging rights and silly games we play.

Best post of thread. Basically, it's teams and players facing off regularly in high stakes matches which generates rivalry.

This phenomenon is what drives the popularity of NFL or College Football in the USA where clubs and universities are grouped so they will play the same set of teams twice or at least once regularly each season where there are only between 12-16 matches for each team in a season. Furthermore, the small number of matches means the stakes of each game is huge. They're sudden death from the outset. Now them's are rivalries.

In contrast, AFL clubs have all 17 other clubs to play at least once, and will play 5 teams twice which changes each season for most clubs. There isn't a regular stream of big games for two clubs to form a lasting rivalry. For those like CAR-COL-ESS who play twice, they are generally lower stakes games in a sense that ultimately, the outcome has to be considered based on their standing amongst the other 16 teams, rather than a smaller group of 4, 5 , or 6 of the same teams each year which you are directly competing against to move into playoffs in NFL or the bigger bowl games in college.

This is very much the reason why an AFL year has become so ho-hum until finals begin. Same with the NRL in rugby league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back