Rumour Harley Bennell wants to go to Collingwood - Pies say no thanks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cmon Pies challenge yourselves to take an explosive talent such as Bennell! embrace him provide the support he requires, get him into the Pies culture. He is exactly the type of player we are missing. We will never make up ground on sides like the Hawks unless we get real X Factor outside speed type players with great skills.
Seedsman and 2016 1st round pick??

Cmon Pies challenge yourselves to take an explosive talent such as Bennell! embrace him provide the support he requires, get him into the Pies culture. He is exactly the type of player we are missing. We will never make up ground on sides like the Hawks unless we get real X Factor outside speed type players with great skills.
Sorry Go Woods. I don't normally like to reply to posts in a smart arse sarcastic way but Seedsman AND a 1st rounder.....for a player nobody wants.
Surely not serious.
Hell why don't we throw in Ben Ken and Oxley as well. Just to get the deal done

The Pies culture of StKilda roulette where you all go to a festival, do illicit drugs and hope no one in the group is caught out?
Somehow I think our culture is not quite ready for a person of his 'caliber'. And we are not Richmond, we can wait a few years before getting desperate for talent.

Sorry Go Woods. I don't normally like to reply to posts in a smart arse sarcastic way but Seedsman AND a 1st rounder.....for a player nobody wants.
Surely not serious.
Hell why don't we throw in Ben Ken and Oxley as well. Just to get the deal done
Well fool us and most clubs except Freo which is where he will probably end up, if Bennell straightens himself up and wants to seriously play AFL, at his best he will be very damaging. Again we don't have such a player and does not look as though we are capable of finding/selecting these types of players.
Yes maybe 1st rounder a little rich but I strongly believe he is so worth the risk.

Well fool us and most clubs except Freo which is where he will probably end up, if Bennell straightens himself up and wants to seriously play AFL, at his best he will be very damaging. Again we don't have such a player and does not look as though we are capable of finding/selecting these types of players.
Yes maybe 1st rounder a little rich but I strongly believe he is so worth the risk.
His talent is worth 1st rounder, no argument. My point is why would you pay that if nobody wants him. The advantage of going after Bennell if you were so inclined is that you could get that talent on the cheap.

Yeah, when a desperate club like Richmond says "look, I still have some standards" and knocks a bloke back, after we initially knocked same said bloke back, I don't think that's a signal we should be immediately trying to jump into bed with him.

Would like to think the club can make better decisions than some of the relationship decisions I was involved in as a 19 year old.

Probably freo will be a good mix if he gets himself in order.
Pass on him for Collingwood.

I like the Leigh Matthews style of question:
Is his upside worth more than his downside? That is the question.

Yes, he has talent, yes we could get him likely for a reasonable price,
BUT and its a big BUT
Would he improve himself?
Would he be a big massive pain in the rear?
We don't know, and none of us would have to put up with it, so it's easy to pontificate without any sufferance on our part.
No a pass for me, the downside outweighs the upside by a long stretch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This just in: The Richmond Football club has announced that it will be withdrawing support for AFL trade week in 2015 and will not be participating for the foreseeable future. The club made the announcement immediately after being rejected by a third target in as many weeks, star Kapunda thirds dasher, Jack, 'the shovel' Dermody from the Barrossa Light & Gawler Football Association. Richmond deny any correlation between the two but Darmody was quoted in the Tanunda Tribune as telling his management "I know its only country footy up here but until you've won a final well, you just wouldn't understand. Richmond spokesman Dustin Martin was said to have been left speechless when one time potential team mate Harley Bennell stole all his best lines.

Doesn't matter, Eddie will get him leave. He might end up doing an Andy Krakoeur.

In all seriousness Bennell is probably already an addict, I mean Richmond rejected him and they took Cousins!

He's probably not far behind Garlett.

That is a serious accusation to make. Unless I missed your irony do you know this for fact & base this on actual evidence?

Yeah, when a desperate club like Richmond says "look, I still have some standards" and knocks a bloke back, after we initially knocked same said bloke back, I don't think that's a signal we should be immediately trying to jump into bed with him.

Would like to think the club can make better decisions than some of the relationship decisions I was involved in as a 19 year old.
Seen by multiple journos still partying at 5am when he had a medical scheduled with Tigers that morning...

That is a serious accusation to make. Unless I missed your irony do you know this for fact & base this on actual evidence?

Well I know he's done coke. It was on the front page of the paper. And I'm tipping it wasn't his first time given he was doing it in the company of others. And Karmichael Hunt has given anecdotal evidence of further instances.

How many times to do have to do it to become an addict? Not many.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back