Roast Harry O

Remove this Banner Ad

Harry would not command a pick between 15 and 25, or even 25 and 35. Opposition recruiters are not fools. I am sure they can see as well as we can that the guy is a spent force, devoid of any real effectiveness as a defender of offensive player. He is probably only useful for depth, though if he is part of any cultural issue, he should be traded for whatever we can get for him.

I dont know if i really want to ask you what was going on in your head at the time ...

I wanted him traded after 2012 but now he has no currency the bloke is a dud, a selfish person and a hypocrite. First it's the Buckley issue he had then the Eddie McGuire issue.

It' s not his bloody job to police the football club, his job is to perform and he can't do that to a satisfactory level.

We would be lucky to get a third round pick in which I would take in a heart beat.

I thought H tried hard, he looked like he was trying to create something from nothing.

I'd trade him, but I just don't know if he has enough value to get anything in return? Could potentially be a depth player for us as we groom other run and carry players in his place.

I wanted him traded after 2012 but now he has no currency the bloke is a dud, a selfish person and a hypocrite. First it's the Buckley issue he had then the Eddie McGuire issue.

It' s not his bloody job to police the football club, his job is to perform and he can't do that to a satisfactory level.

We would be lucky to get a third round pick in which I would take in a heart beat.

What ^he^ said.

Sumner is no good. Plus he's a midget. No thanks.
Way to easy to write a young player off, lets write off a young Jarrad Polec after doing SFA at Brisbane for 3 years?

Sumner is an outside mid, therefore being a midget shouldnt matter. Midget footballers become a liability if they
-rely on contested football
-dont have an outside game, or dont hurt you with there disposals
-arent fast
-dont have great skills

Blair(using blair as an example) only really finds contested disposals, Blair doesnt have an outside game, Blair isnt fast, Blair doesnt have great skills meaning Blair should be a liability? Yep, is he? Currently yes.

Brad Hill(another example) isnt particularly a midget at 181cm, but his game wouldnt change had he been 5cm shorter. Anyway, does Brad hill rely on contested possesions? No
Does Hill have an outside game? Yes a great outside game
Is Brad Hill fast? Yes
Does Brad Hill have great skills? Can be hit and miss at times, but usually very reliable.

If you are an outside mid with pace, skills, hard running, then height is irrelevant.

Totally agree. He looked much better in the team when Maxwell was playing and playing good. Without Maxwell in the team he needed to step up and lead from the back, but he couldn't reach that next level...time for him to go.

Same with Blair, I'm not quite sure how he is playing the majority of games this season. Would much rather have Kennedy holding down a forward pocket/half forward flank position than have Blair play.

Harry and Steele are the only 2 players we have capable of clearing the ball out of defense when they push back in off the wing. We'd be mad to let him go, he's very important. People just get mad when players have bad games instead of wanting them to play their best form.
Lucky you guys aren't in control of my club.

Way to easy to write a young player off, lets write off a young Jarrad Polec after doing SFA at Brisbane for 3 years?

Sumner is an outside mid, therefore being a midget shouldnt matter. Midget footballers become a liability if they
-rely on contested football
-dont have an outside game, or dont hurt you with there disposals
-arent fast
-dont have great skills

Blair(using blair as an example) only really finds contested disposals, Blair doesnt have an outside game, Blair isnt fast, Blair doesnt have great skills meaning Blair should be a liability? Yep, is he? Currently yes.

Brad Hill(another example) isnt particularly a midget at 181cm, but his game wouldnt change had he been 5cm shorter. Anyway, does Brad hill rely on contested possesions? No
Does Hill have an outside game? Yes a great outside game
Is Brad Hill fast? Yes
Does Brad Hill have great skills? Can be hit and miss at times, but usually very reliable.

If you are an outside mid with pace, skills, hard running, then height is irrelevant.

Was Brad Hill taken 33 in the national draft? Yep he was. Was Blair taken 33? No. Was he taken in the draft? No. Was he taken in the rookie draft? Yep he was. Why wasn't he taken in the national draft?
- very short
- isnt fast
- doesnt have great skills
- relies on contested ball only
- doesnt have an outside game.

Would Collingwood have taken Brad Hill if he still available in the rookie draft? Yep, I would think so.

Was Brad Hill taken 33 in the national draft? Yep he was. Was Blair taken 33? No. Was he taken in the draft? No. Was he taken in the rookie draft? Yep he was. Why wasn't he taken in the national draft?
- very short
- isnt fast
- doesnt have great skills
- relies on contested ball only
- doesnt have an outside game.

Would Collingwood have taken Brad Hill if he still available in the rookie draft? Yep, I would think so.
You have completely missed the point of the argument Markfs. Brad Hill was only an example of a small footballer whose game doesnt rely on height, Sumner is in the same boat as someone whose game doesnt rely on being tall or big, meaning it isnt a big deal that he is short.

Nothing about us picking hill in the draft or any other way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If goldy goes, and if H doesn't have any currency, then it think he can be trialled as a defensive forward. I like the fact that when in space he can break the lines, but often feel that he tries to get around too many players and confuses our forwards or just kicks it away and hopes

Harry has no accountability, cant see him working as a defensive fwd.
He might if that was his role in the team. At the moment he is only interested in getting the ball and running offensively. If he is told that his role is to stop a birchall etc it could work along with him scrapping the ball free in our forward line for a broomhead to swoop onto.

Can't kick, can't break a tackle, can't hit a target by hand, can't take the first option, can't show leadership, can't stand up under pressure, can't win contested ball, can't run fast, can't defend, etc,

If we can't find a trade for a packet of chips and a can of coke, delist.

Last edited:
Can't kick, can't break a tackle, can't hit a target by hand, can't take the first option, can't show leadership, can't stand up under pressure, can't win contested ball, can't run fast, can't defend, etc,

But boy can he run! Sprinted off ahead of the rest of the team in the run-through warm up pre-game! What style! What leadership! ....What a tool!

Makes all the noises but delivers nothing...

Harry has currency and should stay. Had a really solid first 8 or so games and was a consistent kick out target. A fit Toovey, Brown and Reid back in the backline next year will see him play his best football again and provide the run and line breaking we desperately need.

You have completely missed the point of the argument Markfs. Brad Hill was only an example of a small footballer whose game doesnt rely on height, Sumner is in the same boat as someone whose game doesnt rely on being tall or big, meaning it isnt a big deal that he is short.

Nothing about us picking hill in the draft or any other way.

So comparing someone like Liam Sumner who was pick 10 in the national draft to Jarryd Blair who was picked in the Rookie draft.....it is irrelevant where they were picked in the draft?....You have gotta be kidding.

Harry has currency and should stay. Had a really solid first 8 or so games and was a consistent kick out target. A fit Toovey, Brown and Reid back in the backline next year will see him play his best football again and provide the run and line breaking we desperately need.
Heritier's idea of line breaking is trying and failing to beat a player before blindly kicking the ball to the advantage of opposition defenders. The fact that people actually value this s**t is concerning to say the least.

So comparing someone like Liam Sumner who was pick 10 in the national draft to Jarryd Blair who was picked in the Rookie draft.....it is irrelevant where they were picked in the draft?....You have gotta be kidding.
Maaaate, are you kidding, im not comparing players at all, you clearly dont understand what im on about so dont bother about replying anymore.

But boy can he run! Sprinted off ahead of the rest of the team in the run-through warm up pre-game! What style! What leadership! ....What a tool!

Makes all the noises but delivers nothing...
He did the same thing anzac day, it was really weird.

If we can't find a trade for a packet of chips and a can of coke, delist.

Do you even watch H play?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back