Roast Harry O

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you even watch H play?
Do you? All he does is run head on into trouble instead of taking the first option. He's slow and has no evasiveness. This isn't 2010 any more, where he had a bit of speed on his side.

Do you? All he does is run head on into trouble instead of taking the first option. He's slow and has no evasiveness. This isn't 2010 any more, where he had a bit of speed on his side.

Do you even watch H play? Because the more you post about him the less I'm convinced.

You are kidding me. Harry would be worth a fourth round pick, late third round at best.

In terms of currency, his value is about equivalent to a Argentine Peso.

What did we get for Dawes and Wellingham, anything is possible.

Do you even watch H play? Because the more you post about him the less I'm convinced.

Looking fast and being fast are too different things. Harry looks fast, pumping his legs but he goes nowhere but into the arms of a tackler. His evasiveness is shittier than s**t. He has dropped off markedly and is a pathetic on field leader.

Looking fast and being fast are too different things. Harry looks fast, pumping his legs but he goes nowhere but into the arms of a tackler. His evasiveness is shittier than s**t. He has dropped off markedly and is a pathetic on field leader.

Whatever:rolleyes:

Has definitely dropped off but I wouldnt be trading him. Been a very important element in our line-up for years. Risk taker who looks bad when it doesnt come off. Had a career best seaosn in 2013 despite his tantrum.

Rather than trading him out we need to phase him out. Not easy to do when you have so many injuries but the likes of Sinclair Seedsman Scharenburg etc are all meant to be the next generation and all have had their seasons destroyed by injury.Hopefully next year with a full list there will be more pressure on the likes of O'Brien for their spots in the 22. I'd put Blair in this category too.

Has definitely dropped off but I wouldnt be trading him. Been a very important element in our line-up for years. Risk taker who looks bad when it doesnt come off.

Rather than trading him out we need to phase him out. Not easy to do when you have so many injuries but the likes of Sinclair Seedsman Scharenburg etc are all meant to be the next generation and all have had their seasons destroyed by injury.Hopefully next year with a full list there will be more pressure on the likes of O'Brien for their spots in the 22. I'd put Blair in this category too.

Probably the best assessment in this thread. I think the main issue is that there's been no sign of either of them being 'phased out'. Instead they're both getting games whilst performing inconsistently at best, and there are players in the VFL who could be getting a shot (this applies more to Blair, as Harry's replacements were largely injured as you said). I think everyone would have preferred to see Martin or Kennedy running around the forward line than Blair at most times this year.

Can't kick, can't break a tackle, can't hit a target by hand, can't take the first option, can't show leadership, can't stand up under pressure, can't win contested ball, can't run fast, can't defend, etc,

If we can't find a trade for a packet of chips and a can of coke, delist.
I'm sure MM and the Blues would take him. Gotta be worth something from them even if it's only a pick upgrade.

Now before I start I have always been a big defender of this bloke and always rated him highly.

As a leader of the club he was disgraceful last night his opponent had a hand in there first 3 goals.

His body language was terrible and I now think it's time to trade him, I believe his one of those culture issues we have heard all about.

I would happy to see him to be put on the Trade Table.

He worries more about saving the world:rolleyes:

When you keep seeing him and Blair miss 30 m kicks under no pressure that cause a turnover that sails over their heads for a goal you know that they are no good! They are not kids anymore and that crap is just not acceptable from senior players in a team gearing up for a premiership! Regardless of the 1% and the supposed line breaking!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been pretty supportive of H but he has lost me, I would trade him for sure.

He wouldn't need to be evasive if his first instinct wasn't to run at the opposition, inviting the contest and creating a situation that required him to be evasive.

It's not rugby H, you don't just get the ball and run at the opposition ffs.

Sorry Harry, I'm jumping on the wagon. Wouldn't be too disappointed if you moved on. Need to add a few more strings to the bow, we've brought in some fresh faces at the expense of Shaw, Jolly, Didak, Krakouer, Thomas, Wellingham, Dawes. I could deal with Harry moving on if the return was decent.

I would not have any issues with him being moved on.
He is the only player I know who seems to make a point of looking to get himself put under pressure when he gets the ball.
How often do you see him get the ball with a bit of time and space on his hands and instead of using that time and space to effect a good disposal he goes and runs into trouble resulting in;
a) An ineffective disposal, or
b) Getting caught
A few years back he was good at breaking the lines. For some reason his ability to do this has reduced dramatically. Problem is he doesn't seem to want to accept that he no longer has the spark he once had and insists on making the same mistake over and over again.

Lumumba is not going to fetch overly much at the trade table, I would keep him for one more year just so we have some experienced players to fall back on still. His best is still pretty good, he is just really inconsistent.

If we could trade him for a decent experienced player, I'd consider it, but I doubt that is happening.

Emotionally I believe that Harry is a liability at times and his season has woefully underachieved. He has looked slow, made poor decisions, and played unaccountable football at times. However intellectually I wouldn't trade him or delist him based on this season so far. Our defense was woefully undermanned all season and very inexperienced. Unless I am wrong, the only player who could possibly be a direct swap is Seedsman, and to be honest, I don't necessarily think that is a much better swap. The worst of the seed is worse than the worst of Harry. Seed can be too complacent and arrogant at the same time, and struggles defensively as well, as demonstrated by the fact that in a half of football on Friday he did not register a single tackle. I think we need to be careful about deposing a player without a better option being available straight away.

Firstly, I would keep him. I don't think that this is a good year to judge the likes of 'H' and Blair, they were asked to step up from being role players into A grade. A team needs players like them.
In so far as his trade value, I believe that there would be a number of clubs that were looking for a mature player with leadership qualities and as we have shown good skills with the ability to break the lines.

H needs to stay at Collingwood unless someone makes an outrageous offer for him or he demands out. Fact is he is part of our best 22 and has been for many years. Wasn't his best year in 2014 but these guys are not robots and 2013 was excellent. Can't see why he can't recapture that form in 2015 which should eba more positive one and see many improve their out again as team balance and stability is regained

Will be very surprised if he isn't best 22 next year.

H needs to stay at Collingwood unless someone makes an outrageous offer for him or he demands out. Fact is he is part of our best 22 and has been for many years. Wasn't his best year in 2014 but these guys are not robots and 2013 was excellent. Can't see why he can't recapture that form in 2015 which should eba more positive one and see many improve their out again as team balance and stability is regained

Will be very surprised if he isn't best 22 next year.

Correct weight. H was not alone in 2014 not being his best season. However, injuries to our list meant that he was unable to play as an attacking wingman that Buckley wanted him to be. H had to play out of position this year due to the unforeseen injuries the team sustained generally & the backline sustained specifically this year.

Harry for Garlett or Robinson.

I want Mitch Robinson, love his hardness and the way he goes about it. He has discipline issue but they don't bother me in the slightest. We will lose a running defender in Harry but we are developing his replacements already at the moment.

A half forward like Robinson with his hard attack on the ball and pressure he will provide will be enormous for us and he can also play in the midfield. I think he is a player like Fasolo but with a bigger tank and a better.

We could get a bargain here.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back