Autopsy Hawks vs Buddy Boy and the COLA kids

Remove this Banner Ad

Notice there are some Shoey knockers are having a go at him for not rebounding enough. The statistics show that few goals are being scored against him by his direct oponent, so they these posters are not happy with that, they want him to be the number 1 rebounder as well . It is quite difficult to play on the 1st or 2nd forward and also be a rebounder.
He made some big mistakes in the first half, but I don't typically criticize Schoey.

One thing I do want him to do more is command the kick in. He's huge - taller and just as heacy as Roughead. Would love to see the kick in guy have the option of McEvoy and Schoey on opposite sides of the ground taking those escape route marks.

Just a couple more thoughts:

1. That comeback in the 3rd quarter was one of the best I've seen. You could see that the whole team just said "okay, let's just break this game open" and just went for it. That coast to coast goal from Suckling to Birch to Breust was brilliant, better than sex!

2. Burgoyne: how good was he in the second half. In the 3rd quarter, he was everywhere in the forward line, tackling, smothering, fighting for the ball, causing pressure and turnovers. No silk there, just super hard at the contest. And in the last as well, got his reward with the intercept and goal.

What a man!

On Burgoyne. Never thought he'd miss that one. Couldn't have been in better hands. And he delivered. How many times has this bloke stepped up for us when needed. He's a gem.

Can you believe it, Laidlier the coward gets away with a reprimand for smashing Gunston in the guts behind the play al la barry hall in the 2005 prelim. What will it take for the AFL to suspend a swines player. Well that sets a precedent Hodgey can go around behind play and start belting their players, let Malceski be the first to hit the ground for mine.

Mu
Can you believe it, Laidlier the coward gets away with a reprimand for smashing Gunston in the guts behind the play al la barry hall in the 2005 prelim. What will it take for the AFL to suspend a swines player. Well that sets a precedent Hodgey can go around behind play and start belting their players, let Malceski be the first to hit the ground for mine.
Must have been in play then. Special Sydney rules.

Anyone else jizz their dacks with Stratton backing back into packs and marking the footy, it was 2013sh.
Spot on , Stratts hasnt played to his normal level all year , trying to get over his injuries, but he turned the corner on saturday night, with Gibbo back , a fit Lake to come and the real Stratts back we have got tall opposition forwards covered now.

Spot on , Stratts hasnt played to his normal level all year , trying to get over his injuries, but he turned the corner on saturday night, with Gibbo back , a fit Lake to come and the real Stratts back we have got tall opposition forwards covered now.

Absolutely. The courage he shows when he has confidence in his body is monumental, he is actually one of, if not the smartest footballer on our list and I know people may raise their eyebrows but if you watch Stratts when he doesn't have the footy he is brilliant, even in one on ones he has these little deft toe pokes or touches that win him contest after contest. A very very good footballer, and one you can only really appreciate when you're at the game and watching him closely.

Laidler gets a reprimand for his little snipe on Gunston.

Rap over the knuckles for the Sh!tstains as usual.
Really? That was a hefty whack in the guts. Gunston couldn't even compete for the next high ball that came in because he was still catching his breath.

We should have done a Swine's style phoney medical report

Why do people give a frak what the media say?

Our teams greatest weakness has and always has been when we are talked up.

We almost always win when we are underdogs, please let it stay that way ... Let the media do their job and be stupid and we can go back to back. Geeez there are some muppets in here. Clarke would be loving us being talked down.

Its annoying having to allow other teams hog the limelight but this is far better, as 1) we get to celebrate when we win and 2) the media end up looking like clueless idiots. It was a lot of fun last year finishing 1st and still having the media back anyone else but the Hawks. No such thing as a bradbury premiership!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I invite you all to go to the MRP forum on the main site and look at the gunston thread

when the game was on the line Shoe dropped a basic chest mark…this lead to the ball up that lead to their winning goal…i prefer him in the forward line and he and spangher are probably competing for 1 spot
A minute or so earlier, shoe roosted the ball from the back 50 to forward 50 which buddy ran on to, regaining the lead

After that our team failed miserably to ice the game. Once ball kiced a goal to give them the lead, pies iced it nicely

Even if shoe had held that mark, was the team mindset to ice the game ? Probably not

The game was not played on the Swans terms and their midfiders struggled as a consequence. They want congestion and we created space.

I think its fair to say That Clarko & the coaching team won the battle of wits in the boxes on this one!....They got the shut down roles on Malceski, McVeigh & Kennedy down pat.

hahahha talk about an ego-maniac I think we have found the boards own right here! The facts, u want facts ?? The facts are he kicked 500 goals at the club, dragged us over the line on MANY occasions, his teammates LOVED him and he brought MANY of his teammates into the game as well as taking 3 defenders on MANY occasions ..

oh and despite stabbing his teammates in the back, who dearly love him, they continue to talk fondly of him in the media, players and coaches alike have a number of times mentioned they would love to have buddy still around - oh yeh, thats the bad morale speaking there :confused:

those are the facts my dictionary-loving friend

Ah-Ha....Me thinks that you are still missing the point altogether there Bung....Franklin's treachery towards both the HFC & its supporters!o_O

Yes, of course he has & leaves a huge legacy, all the more reason to feel the sting of his betrayal & Oh what an utter betrayal it was!...That betrayal remains his FINAL LEGACY......What any lingering mateship still exists between him & the players is besides the point.

Not sure what the range of one's vocabulary or the ability to use and impart a dictionary has to do with anything here sport. Other than your need to play the man by turning the point of focus away from the actual topic (Buddy) & into something personal!....This forum is about the Club, the AFL & the players, not you or me sunshine!...That is the shared loci of what brings us all here to this forum.

With Goodes a close second?!?!

He made some big mistakes in the first half, but I don't typically criticize Schoey.

One thing I do want him to do more is command the kick in. He's huge - taller and just as heacy as Roughead. Would love to see the kick in guy have the option of McEvoy and Schoey on opposite sides of the ground taking those escape route marks.

All I want to see him do is play as a backman like he's the forward. Watch the ball and fight for best position to win it rather than not looking at the ball but searching for his opponent. In the end he loses position on the fall of the ball AND concedes his ability to be in any position to make an adequate spoil.

When he's playing the ball he can beat all these guys. It's his approach that's the issue, not his ability.

On Burgoyne. Never thought he'd miss that one. Couldn't have been in better hands. And he delivered. How many times has this bloke stepped up for us when needed. He's a gem.

Yep. Instead of allowing Burger to kick it the umpire should have just asked him for the ball, got the goal umps to wave the flags and then walked straight to the middle and bounced it. Could have saved a few minutes.

Old clutchy Burgoyne isn't missing those.

I think its fair to say That Clarko & the coaching team won the battle of wits in the boxes on this one!....They got the shut down roles on Malceski, McVeigh & Kennedy down pat.

Absolutely won the battle in getting all our defensive jobs done. Took a bit longer to work out how we needed to set up going forward. It resembled a typical Geelong game for a lot of the night but in the end they got that part right too.

Yep. Instead of allowing Burger to kick it the umpire should have just asked him for the ball, got the goal umps to wave the flags and then walked straight to the middle and bounced it. Could have saved a few minutes.

Old clutchy Burgoyne isn't missing those.
When I first saw the intercept, I was sitting up the other end, I actually thought it was Hill who'd taken it! I was immediately very concerned. Then when I realised it was Burger, I was adding 6 points to our score....

When I first saw the intercept, I was sitting up the other end, I actually thought it was Hill who'd taken it! I was immediately very concerned. Then when I realised it was Burger, I was adding 6 points to our score....

Yeah, I went to the toilet and then grabbed another beer. :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back