Autopsy Hawthorn v Geelong - "they weren't trying"

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the replay this morning with a calmer head. Best first quarter moment: Lake taking Duckwood to ground and wrenching the ball out of his hands while Duckwood flails about, Geelong go postal because no free kick got paid, ball goes down the line and to Roughy for first goal.
He just expects free kicks now. Absolutely embarrassing. Can never be considered a champion of the game with that attitude. He is our generation's Kevin Bartlett.

There is no doubt we have TWO favoured teams by the green maggots.. The Geelong Duckers, and The Tainted Swans.. The third team is not far behind them, the Squawking Kangaroos..
I hope the maggots heard what Clarko said about the good work they do, and one of the maggots had his 400 game with us. I wish you would give them a mouth full at times after the game. Clarko, they deserve it. Unfortunately it hasn't helped us when they umpire us, maybe we should start ducking too.We could pay Softwood to coach us how to get away with it!:rolleyes: And suck up to the maggots, like they do..

Make no mistake, last night's game (or today's from my perspective ;)) was huge. The Cat's may indeed have shut up shop, who knows. Regardless, it will instil belief in the team that they can beat the Cats and should relax some of the mental demons when (if) they need to play them in two weeks time. How many times over the course of the last few years have the Hawks been up and about in a season only to lose composure and go to water because of the implied pressure of always losing to Geelong game after game (thumping Essendon by 96 points the week prior to getting blown out of the water early the very next week as a prime example)? Even in the prelim last year, the missing of very gettable shots on goal was part of the reason the result was so close.

As some have already eluded to, I think a win like this (and by over a goal) so close to finals will do more for the team than the narrow escape from last year's prelim.

Can't wait for the QF (Whoever the opponent)! :)

I like the difference in the pressers from the two coaches - Loosing coach "mission accomplished". Winning coach "disappointing effort. Will need to do better".

i noticed this from Guus Hiddink when he coached the Socceroos, positive when you lose, negative when you win, its just a psychological thing coaches do......

It was his knee.

Was it?

Thought I saw where Clarko said it was an ankle.

Might be playing it up for the media.

Don't know how he handles some of the ******* questions with such aplomb and diplomacy every week.

I would be climbing across the table with some of them.......fair dinkum.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i noticed this from Guus Hiddink when he coached the Socceroos, positive when you lose, negative when you win, its just a psychological thing coaches do......

I do think personally that Clarko still is one of the few who remains realistic, but not really that negative when we lose.

Goes away, analyses the loss and comes away better equipped for the next match.

No sooking or histrionics. Just a measured focus on the job ahead.

Just listened to Scott's presser ,gee you can see where the cats get there arrogance from.

Nah, the arrogance was there before Scott came along. He was just the perfect choice as coach in order to retain the arrogance. Remember Bomber sitting up in the coaches' box in the 2008 season eating apples, sandwiches, etc and showing little interest in what was happening on the field? I kept waiting for someone deliver a pizza and a slab of beer during the match.

great game to watch! I'm glad you guys won thoroughly deserved!

Will Selwood get suspended?

No way, he wears the blue and white hoops.. Put a brown and gold top on, he would get two weeks..We all know Softwood is a protected specie.:rolleyes: The AFL will ensure Softwood doesn't get penalised..IF, and a BIG IF, he will only be reprimanded..

Nah, the arrogance was there before Scott came along. He was just the perfect choice as coach in order to retain the arrogance. Remember Bomber sitting up in the coaches' box in the 2008 season eating apples, sandwiches, etc and showing little interest in what was happening on the field? I kept waiting for someone deliver a pizza and a slab of beer during the match.

And of course Scarlett's comments during a match against Bulldogs and again comments to Harvey after qualifying final. 2008 was not their finest hour and I am so glad we took the ultimate prize from them.

Was it?

Thought I saw where Clarko said it was an ankle.

Might be playing it up for the media.

Don't know how he handles some of the ******* questions with such aplomb and diplomacy every week.

I would be climbing across the table with some of them.......fair dinkum.

I thought the ankle was Gunston :confused:

Terrific win from our boys, that 2nd half was just a manic effort. Was a complete turnaround from the 1st.
Langers really asserted himself & now belongs in our midfield. Future looks bright there now with him, Jed, Shiels etc.
On a side note I know a few supporters who left the game at half time & then reappeared at the pub post game. To say the least most of their asses are still on the floor at the boozer! I blasted these 2 poor saps pointing out that while the Hawks are on the oval you stay put. Or you'll cop it from me!
Go Hawks I'm rapt & proud on this fine Sunday morn.:)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back