Holland to be delisted???

Remove this Banner Ad

Totally agree with the comments on O'Bree. Also thought that O'Bree was very good last year but very poor at times in 2005 and 06. Bringing in Pendles and Thomas I think has freed up O'Bree to be the link man through the middle. Also think that O'Bree was playing injured when many of us were criticizing him (and side was playing poor as well).

Are we judging Holland on his best or worse performance? We need to assess his worth to the team when he is playing uninjured and has a good pre-season under his belt (neither of which he has had this season).

Holland is good for the Pies, you speak to any other opposition supporter & they hate him. They hate him because he is aggresive & tough at the footy & every team needs an aggresive tagger, especially while we have so many young blokes. He may have poor skills but he is a little like Baker from St kilda. All oppostion clubs hate him but within we should like what Holland does

holland is usually good for a goal or two, just need to get his fitness up, one more year

Lately this is not true and prob one of the reasons we are questioning his value a bit. We used to be able to rely on him pushing fwd for a goal or two, now he just seems to get a lot of ball around the half back line and does those high chippy side ways kicks. Not damaging enough.

Just looked up his 2007 season stats and in his seven games this year not only has he not kicked a goal but he has failed to trouble the scorers with even a behind.

Nope, there is absolutely zero chance he will be delisted at seasons end or even be traded. I think some people are a little harsh on him, his importance last year was evident in the games we missed him and although we have improved in our depth this year and whilst he hasnt featured regularly this season he is still able (with good form) to be consistently in our best 22.
Yes Brodie is struggling with injury give him time to get some fitness back and he will be an integral part of our team in September. Shane O'Bree and Paul Licuria will be there next year, Shane played well all year, and Paul Licuria coming back to his best form. I cant understand why people are so hard on these three players who are an integral part of our team.
Carn the Maggies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back