Opinion How do we beat Hawthorn?

Remove this Banner Ad

No samon rioli that would be a deliciois matchup dennis .Butler will have rioli on a platter .
Rioli is obviously their most dynamic but I am wary about all three of Puopolo, Rioli and Breust having an influence. Last week the GC took advantage of our shorter defensive unit and when their smaller players' opponents (Wellingham, Shep, Ellis) went up to contribute to a spoil we were found wanting at ground level. Made them look a very quick side in the forward half. Hall, Matera, Martin aren't nearly the group that Hawthorn boast but simply through strategic workings they challenged us big time. McGovern's potency in the air should go a long way towards countering that eventuality but if things go wrong I'd expect a fair output from the Hawks' smalls.

Horrible news, poo Nic must be terrible feeling right now.

We'll see what the boys are really made of without our best and most influential player. Biggest test for the boys.

Without Naita providing first class service it will be the true test for the midfield to see if they have developed and can match it with the best when the heat is on or is it the same old story where they go missing just like the previous years.

As the banner says..time to hunt.

Without Naita providing first class service it will be the true test for the midfield to see if they have developed and can match it with the best when the heat is on or is it the same old story where they go missing just like the previous years.

As the banner says..time to hunt.

It's going to be very very wet so missing Nic Nat won't hurt too badly. It will be a scrappy game and played mostly on the ground. The team that can outlast the other will win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lets focus on who we have on the field. let Nic Nat mourn his loss. footy is the least of his worries, even winning a flag is irrelevant for him at this stage. Eagles to win this game with grunt, determination. we might not have any fit player left for next week, i have a feeling this game is going to get real physical and nasty.

It's going to be very very wet so missing Nic Nat won't hurt too badly. It will be a scrappy game and played mostly on the ground. The team that can outlast the other will win.

I get what you are saying, but my point was we will all find out in the next two games, if our midfield is capable of matching it with the best when on even terms (i.e - with Naita not providing us a clearances at will). Having a gamebreaker like Naita is obviously a huge advantage but if we are to win these big, crucial games, we need our midfielders to step up and go toe to toe against the best, something they havent done consistently in the past.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back