FTA-TV How I Met Your Mother Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as I agree with 'dropping the ball right at the end', only one NFL gif can truly sum it up.

untitled-18xzr84.gif

The buttfumble.

No that would be HEROES after season 1 lol
Starts off ok....all downhill after that

Loved the ending. Everything worked out nicely. I don't think the mother dying was the obvious route, more so it got leaked and people knew. Ted and Robin did make that pact that they would end up together if they were single at 40. Cab't wait to re-watch all 9 seasons!

It has been a long discussed fan theory for at least the last 5 years.

There were moments that made it obvious in the last few episodes. I may have been one of the ones looking out for it for a while now. But it was still very obvious heading into the final episode.

The show was not called "How i married your mother"

And his ultimate happiness was Robin?

I think he looked pretty happy with Tracy and she gave him 2 kids. Thats the ultimate happiness. Its not like Tracy dies and he was in Robin's arms 6 months later... it was 6 years!

I have to say i disagree with Big Jim

Exactly, how i MET your mother.......not how i met your mother and lived happily ever after.

The show was not called "How i married your mother"

And his ultimate happiness was Robin?

Going by this logic I'll point out that the show wasn't called 'how I settled for aunt robin' either.

I dare say his ultimate happiness was with his children

So is anyone gonna watch how i met your father? Despite it being a cash grab and this annoying ending I will prob give it a go.
I'll give it a go, but the writers having planned that horrid ending from the get go makes it much much much less appealing.

Don't have much faith in the writers tbh.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...inale-devoted-fans-wanted-20140402-35xqn.html

I disagree with that so much.

In my experience, the devoted fans are the ones that saw the plot and characters develop way past the early Ted/Robin stuff.

We saw the writers show why they're wrong for each other, and we saw more and more of Ted growing into the person that would meet the Mother.

The people that stopped watching around season 3 are the ones that have tried to tell me that this ending made sense. As I said to one of them, "yeah it's what made sense and what we wanted back then, but it moved so far beyond that in the six years after."

Really, that article has it the complete wrong way around. It gave the casual viewers that jumped off early what they wanted, and gave a massive kick in the guts to those that stuck with it and saw things progress over nine years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And further to that, a few people have said that "it was always about Robin".

It was just as much "always about" The Mother.

Throughout it all, Future Ted would use a story to demonstrate why he wasn't ready for the Mother, or why a bad event was actually a blessing in disguise because it would ultimately lead him to her.

This has already been posted, but I reckon it just about sums up everything:

Throughout it all, Ted had been looking for the Mother. Looking back as an older man, he appreciated that even during his darkest periods, he was on his way to her.

The heart breaking speech about wanting those 45 extra days with her shows that he recognises her to be the love of his life, and how he'd give anything to have longer with her.

It was always about the Mother, and how she was Ted's salvation.

Robin was just somebody that helped get him there.

Last edited:
I look forward to Barney's version of How I Met Your Mother, as told to his daughter Ellie:

"I banged 31 chicks in 31 nights, your mum was number 31 and the rubber didn't work".

Try stretching that over nine years.

They couldn't do it because Barney wouldn't be able to run off to Robin at the end. :rolleyes:

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment...inale-devoted-fans-wanted-20140402-35xqn.html

I disagree with that so much.

In my experience, the devoted fans are the ones that saw the plot and characters develop way past the early Ted/Robin stuff.

That article looks to be written by a casual fan.

Welcome to Ochre's How I Bet Your Mother.

Mother:
Dies $1.25
Lives $4.50

If mother dies:
Ted alone $1.55
Ted with Robin $2.20
Ted with someone else $10

Robin and Barney in 2030:
Still married $2.20
Divorced/Widowed/similar $2.20
Never married $5

The last scene:
"And kids, that is how I met your mother" $1.50
Visiting grave $2.30
Ted shown to be dead and a recording $4
Ted is a ghost, kids see dead people $10
Ted and the kids are the same person $15
Ted and the kids end up in jail $21
Ted lies down in the forest and dies where he woke up in the pilot $51
Ted goes into witness protection and becomes the dad from Malcolm in the middle $1001

Quite nicely framed Ochre. The blue horn was a real smokey though.

Welcome to Ochre's How I Bet Your Mother.

If mother dies:
Ted alone $1.55
Ted with Robin $2.20

Ted with someone else $10

Technically he was alone, but was going to hook up with Robin. Does that mean you have to pay out on both?

Quite nicely framed Ochre. The blue horn was a real smokey though.
The ending was disappointly expected and expectedly disappointing

Technically he was alone, but was going to hook up with Robin. Does that mean you have to pay out on both?
Yes, I also have to pay out on.
I tip that she's sick and Ted's telling the story expecting her to die, but she survives and everyone is happy.
$1.01 that Fivey's wrong

My problems with the finale are too much for me to type, but above all... there's this.

They introduced us to the mother and they made it completely and utterly believable that she was someone you'd want to fall in love with. Because wasn't that the point, that after years of dud relationships, Ted would finally meet the woman of his dreams, and that we'd have to believe it to real? I mean we could tell that the other girlfriends were duds, with the exception of Victoria (but since she was going to be the mother if the show was canned early, that made sense. What didn't make sense was how they just turned her into a caricature later down the track... but I digress). Tracy though? Yeah, I'll admit it... I fell for her character. She was great.

So Ted meets her, falls in love, has two kids, gets married and she dies. None of that bothers me.

What bothers me is that the creators went to such lengths to tell us more than one occasion that Ted and Robin weren't meant to be. They were horrible for each other yet after everything that happened to Ted, after how he and Tracy were meant to be together, that he would then admit to his kids that he pined for Robin all along.

Now, I'll always look back at a show that didn't know how good it could have really been and didn't know what its strengths really were (here's a hint: no sitcom in recent memory has done the dramatic as good as HIMYM). Instead, they focused whole episodes on slaps, and episodes with Marshall driving in a car, and a whole season on a wedding that lasted 10 minutes into the finale.

Pfft. Totally bogus.

having just watched the finale other than reading the synopsis the death didnt seem as bad, if you just ended it there with him telling the kids, it would still seem a bit of a dud ending, but it hits a bit of a sad note and it leaves teds love story tragic and all but at least he got the time with the right woman.

To suddenly then run to Robins just moved the episode to a like wtf moment, why bother? he moved on, i mean yeah ok you just jumped into the future but we didnt see robin come round for tea with the kids and all of them get along, we just saw penny barely remember who she was near a bus.

Just seems as others said it was such a dumb way to end, i wouldnt of killed the mother anyway but if you have to forget the robin stuff, you told us for the last x number of years it was a silly option for Ted.

Its just a show and all, a show that declined in quality but now i doubt ill even grab the box set because it s**t me off

Remove this Banner Ad

Back