Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raj is going to lose his fifth job because Melbourne's most liveable city tag is under pressure?

LOLSY.

All those other cities that Melbourne is competing with for that tag are also battling the same pandemic.
So it all cancels out.

The real issue is that the pandemic is exposing Melbourne's sordid underbelly of preggers Zoe from Ballarat collaborating with far-right extremists to organise protests.
Hate to be your brain.

How can they still be having problems with this for fu** sake.

I sincerely, sincerely hope that this step was taken out of an absolute abundance of caution, because after all the s**t we've seen in recent months and the failures to rectify mistakes from March to July in the Hotel quarantine system, it really would be extraordinarily scandalous if this is still a dysfunctional mess.

I mean this quote

Newly appointed Health Minister Martin Foley said the program now sat under the Justice Department, which was in charge of staff acquisition, but “sophisticated, high level support”, including on infection-control protocols, was provided by Alfred and DHHS.

The Justice Department spokeswoman declined to say who was ultimately responsible for infection control, but said there was a clear structure of department managers that staff could raise concerns with.
After all the claims at the inquiry with responsibility and supervision and everything else............... its just enraging :mad:

We are not getting to 5 in the short term. Maybe the end of November but not quickly. it has come down quickly but this last bit will be the hardest.
Is that based on projections shared in the pressers?
We need a need a new approach.

We need less obtrusive testing with really fast turn arounds and we need small and mobile testing stations everywhere.

A saliva test with 15 minute turn around is perfect and that is available. Maybe even make them a condition of entering places. You take a test, get a text you are ok, go shopping or eat out or whatever.

If test and trace is the key then let’s do it.
That's not a bad idea. You could open up pubs, cinemas, restaurants, etc with that strategy.

“I spent 14 hours on the phone on Saturday, and not once did anyone cast aspersions on the Premier’s leadership,” said one MP

“He’s there for as long as he wants, he’s an election-winning machine, no one would argue against that,” a Left source says.

“Talk to them and it broadly goes like this: Do you think Dan’s broadly done a good job? Yeah. Do you seriously think his leadership is at risk? No."

Sources from across the caucus say they admire Andrews for his focus. He is a masterful politician and a powerful speaker and his attention is always on the task at hand, whether it’s the infrastructure agenda that defined his first term or the coronavirus pandemic that’s haunting his second.

People inside Labor realise that Andrews is a household name. Families regularly tune into Daily Dan press conferences, young children recognise him and teenagers are still turning him into memes on social media.

Now here is one WorkSafe will look at:

Carers at COVID-ravaged Epping Gardens claim they were pressured to delay testing

One of the aged care homes hit hardest by coronavirus slashed staffing on the cusp of Victoria’s second COVID-19 wave and has been accused of instructing workers to not only delay getting tested for the virus but to keep working while awaiting test results.

The Age has obtained emails outlining “instructions by management” at Epping Gardens to cut carers' shifts in the weeks before coronavirus swept through the home, leaving 37 people dead and infecting almost all of the 120 residents.

"These poor people," said a former employee. “Many are now dead”.

Grieving families and former staff are taking civil action against the company, alleging it failed its duty of care.

Latest Morgan Poll

61% Approval Rating

In the same 2PP was 51.5, which is marginal.

October 31, 2014
The latest opinion poll for the Victorian election to be held on 29 November suggests the incumbent Coalition Government could be swept from office in a history-making first term loss.
The inaugural Fairfax Ipsos poll published yesterday showed Labor holding a healthy 56-44 lead on two party preferred terms. If this was maintained to election day it would see Labor returned with a 10 seat majority.
Although his party trailed in the poll, Dennis Napthine was preferred premier over Daniel Andrews (45 per cent to 36 per cent) and had much stronger net approval ratings.

So, the approval ratings one has less value than two party preferred.

Wow, you have no idea what you're actually talking about... Because we are stuck in a border bubble which has yes been modified many times doesn't mean living in Victoria we get to any of the freedoms that NSW has unless we go there and up until not long ago i wasn't allowed even in to NSW...

Astonishingly ignorant statement... 🤣
Victoria has not closed its borders.....

What are the odds that Mikakos will release a tell-all book just before the next election?

I sincerely, sincerely hope that this step was taken out of an absolute abundance of caution, because after all the sh*t we've seen in recent months and the failures to rectify mistakes from March to July in the Hotel quarantine system, it really would be extraordinarily scandalous if this is still a dysfunctional mess.

I mean this quote

After all the claims at the inquiry with responsibility and supervision and everything else............... its just enraging :mad:

‘People making mistakes during training?’ Well dur

Also what makes Police or even ADF people magically better than 'private security guards'

Do people realise that private security guards routinely guard hospitals, army bases all kinds of places. Its just the Hot Hotels are and the infectiousness dont forgive mistakes lightly.

Given one whole hotel was 'hot' and only 3 cases led to all the infections, it shows many infections were quarantined successfully

Last edited:
Latest Morgan Poll

61% Approval Rating

I can't take polls seriously after the last federal election, which had Shorten winning easily, even the bookies paid out. Whilst i have been pretty clear on hear of my dislike of politicians, i thought Shorten would have made a good prime minister more so over what we have now, and would be inclined to vote Labor here in Vic if they could somehow get him in to the state party.

Don't sweat on the famous five – it's the mystery numbers that count: Sutton

Professor Sutton said on Wednesday that he and his colleagues had moved, as case numbers dropped towards single digits, to placing greater weight on the "story" behind each diagnosis, and confirmed they were prepared to be flexible on that magic number.

He said the raw daily case numbers were now less important for the big-picture decisions than the origin of each individual infection and whether it could be tracked and traced.

"It’s the most prominent criteria," he said. "We will absolutely look to those mystery cases in particular and those sporadic ... individual community cases which are often mystery cases."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't take polls seriously after the last federal election, which had Shorten winning easily, even the bookies paid out. Whilst i have been pretty clear on hear of my dislike of politicians, i thought Shorten would have made a good prime minister more so over what we have now, and would be inclined to vote Labor here in Vic if they could somehow get him in to the state party.
Agree, when the polls are close ie within MoE we should look skeptically at them

But when they show a huge disparity the MoE is not an issue

Don't sweat on the famous five – it's the mystery numbers that count: Sutton

Professor Sutton said on Wednesday that he and his colleagues had moved, as case numbers dropped towards single digits, to placing greater weight on the "story" behind each diagnosis, and confirmed they were prepared to be flexible on that magic number.

He said the raw daily case numbers were now less important for the big-picture decisions than the origin of each individual infection and whether it could be tracked and traced.

"It’s the most prominent criteria," he said. "We will absolutely look to those mystery cases in particular and those sporadic ... individual community cases which are often mystery cases."
With another 15 today, they'd want to be all over this!

Almost at a point where they could and should subtract known clusters (practically all aged care now) out of the numbers and have a second adjusted number.

When people know the govt is just waiting to confirm the numbers over 14 days, they relax.

Again, tracking is the key. People can pick holes all they want (often justified) but base logic says its more effective with numbers in the teens. Just need to guard against complacency

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back