Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Raj is going to lose his fifth job because Melbourne's most liveable city tag is under pressure?

LOLSY.

All those other cities that Melbourne is competing with for that tag are also battling the same pandemic.
So it all cancels out.

The real issue is that the pandemic is exposing Melbourne's sordid underbelly of preggers Zoe from Ballarat collaborating with far-right extremists to organise protests.
Hate to be your brain.

Teaching them skills for the future - helping disadvantaged students break the chains of poverty that you would prefer they remain enslaved by because "computers are for nerds" [let's just ignore the fact that you have over 10,000 posts on an internet forum, I guess]

Another misconception but par for the course with you. Maybe I should brag about my "gainz" in the Health and Fitness forum...

There's only one of us that abandoned the students and it is you.

Babe, I've refuted every one of your points without getting out of first gear. You are a lightweight.

Yep - the same workload you admitted that you couldn't handle. 😁

15-second search - no longer than it took for you to stalk my posts in the gaming forum. Who's the weird obsessive again?

Nice revisionism - but you'll always be just another one of those failed ex-teachers who just didn't have "the right stuff" and was never in it for the right reasons.

Yep - pumped to get back into the classroom - thanks to the success of the lockdown - rather than dealing with the persistent shitshow we are seeing around the world by those countries following your preferred strategy.

Those of us with the mental fortitude to handle the rigours of teaching can continue our important work in helping students learn, develop, flourish and become their best selves whilst you... sit and hope your penny stocks go up by 2 cents?
Man, you are the gift that just keeps on giving. You’ve trawled through 4 years of my posts, followed me through the money thread, the corona thread, the fitness thread, the teaching thread, and this one. 😳😳 Dude, you need to be like Sylvester Stallone in Cliffhanger and let it go.
If you want to know more about my OS experience, I’ll give you the heads up that the job was in the private system and completely irrelevant to the low socioeconomic Aussie kids we are talking about. To save you the stalking time I'll direct you to the Education board and see my thread about private schools so you know where I'm coming from. I know you’re that muckraking type, from when you tried to dig up dirt on an aged care resident to try and make her sound like a whinger, rather than someone suffering mental trauma. Man you really could’ve used some of my holistic teachings around emotional health.
Let me know if the AEU starts a push for one to one tutoring for kids in schools, I'll be happy to support it. 👍

I mentioned this on the other thread, but this is looking like one of the plateau weeks (we have had a couple of these). also i heard on radio that there was a massive jump in testing on monday (something like 18k, again heard on radio so grain of salt), so a bump is numbers is actually a good thing (better to know the cases than have unknowns running around when we are this low).

on total numbers, we will be wanting to look at single digits by the weekend to make it by the 19th without any qualification

on the qualifier, the high ratio being aged care may help regardless IF IF IF these numbers are confined to a small number of places and are under control (if its all over the shop and casuals are in play, it may not matter)
B6AFA5C3-390A-430F-B48F-84E38CA7FB1B.jpeg

I mentioned this on the other thread, but this is looking like one of the plateau weeks (we have had a couple of these). also i heard on radio that there was a massive jump in testing on monday (something like 18k, again heard on radio so grain of salt), so a bump is numbers is actually a good thing (better to know the cases than have unknowns running around when we are this low).

DATECASESTESTSPOS
01 Oct1414,7290.10 %
30 Sep1117,9370.06 %
29 Sep98,2260.11 %
28 Sep46,8070.06 %
27 Sep1610,6800.15 %
26 Sep1116,0270.07 %
25 Sep1312,4600.10 %
24 Sep513,3370.04 %
23 Sep2415,7410.15 %

Is that the same Morgan Poll that consistently predicted a Shorten government?
This is getting tiresome.

Polls aren't always right. Shock horror. A collection of polls failing to predict how an election would go - except, they kind of did, as if you paid attention to the leadup to the last election, you'd have noticed that Morrison ate at Shorten's lead all the way into the election and found himself more popular than Shorten - is noteworthy, but does not immediately make polls less useful or predictive.

The bold sums this fool up to a tee, from today's presser, i thought i was hearing things.

Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews has floundered during questioning over the latest hotel quarantine disaster.

Spotless staff working at Melbourne's Novotel quarantine hotel were abruptly pulled by the state government yesterday and replaced with police after a worker voiced concerns over potential infection control breaches.

Mr Andrews was peppered with questions about the scandal during this morning's press conference, but one simple question repeatedly tripped him up during an awkward and confusing exchange.

It has been widely reported that the staff in question were private security guards, which Mr Andrews disputed – but he seemed unable to confirm what role the workers were actually fulfilling.

"I'll start at the top. Corrections Victoria who are running that program. You have security provided by Victoria Police. You have got cleaning, for instance. I don't think anyone expects members of Victoria Police to be cleaning rooms. So you have a company that is employed to do that work. You have got then Alfred Health who are providing health care obviously, welfare, some of those other important functions. The importance of which I think has been pretty well canvassed during the work of the board," he said.

Reporters then asked what the Spotless workers were doing, if not providing security.

"They were providing I think – I suppose you could say it was an extension of welfare work, I would have thought. They are in place, somebody needs something or if there was an issue, they would alright Victoria Police for instance and they would deal with that issue," Mr Andrews responded.

He was then asked to clarify whether the Spotless workers were "support staff".

"If you are not providing security then you are not security staff. The statement of Alfred Health makes that very clear. The Victoria Police are providing the security. They are providing the security there," Mr Andrews said.

He was then asked whether it was a role the ADF could fulfil.

"I don't think the ADF will be cleaning rooms," he said, before being interrupted by a reporter who pointed out Mr Andrews had just said the Spotless workers were not cleaners, but instead "supporting Victoria Police".

"Are they cleaners or security staff or are they support workers? Which are they?" a frustrated reporter asked, to which Mr Andrews responded: "Well, as I have just said to you, have a look at what Alfred Health has said. Alfred Health has made it clear they are not providing security. They don't provide security. The site is secured by Victoria Police."

During the exchange, Mr Andrews repeatedly referred to that statement from Alfred Health which supposedly cleared up the mystery – but the conference took another bizarre turn when a reporter claimed no such statement exists.

Clear as mud.
Any chance you'll be crediting Vanessa Brown for her work?

Polls aren't always right. Shock horror. A collection of polls failing to predict how an election would go - except, they kind of did, as if you paid attention to the leadup to the last election, you'd have noticed that Morrison ate at Shorten's lead all the way into the election and found himself more popular than Shorten - is noteworthy, but does not immediately make polls less useful or predictive.
Those polls are fake news. I give the best polls ever. Nobody in the history of polls has ever polled better than me. If you vote for me, I'll give you better polls than sleepy Morgan polls. The people who took those fake polls should be tested for drugs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any chance you'll be crediting Vanessa Brown for her work?

Why would i, it should be obvious to all this from a media outlet and not me, still piss poor which ever you wish to spin it. Plus i got it from the news.com rolling stories, no idea who Vanessa Brown is.

Last edited:
Why it would be obvious to all this from a media outlet and not me, still piss poor which ever you wish to spin it.
Spin?

I've liked plenty of your informative posts in here. I've respect for your opinion, even if I don't agree with some of it. But if you're going to quote something someone else wrote, include a link or give them credit for it. It's a dog act, knicking someone's work in such a way as to allow some to mistake it as yours.

This has nothing to do with what you're saying, and it takes less time than it took for you to copy/paste that article into a post. Her viewpoint might be partisan and her employer might be tabloid, but she deserves to be mentioned when she wrote that article.

Spin?

I've liked plenty of your informative posts in here. I've respect for your opinion, even if I don't agree with some of it. But if you're going to quote something someone else wrote, include a link or give them credit for it. It's a dog act, knicking someone's work in such a way as to allow some to mistake it as yours.

This has nothing to do with what you're saying, and it takes less time than it took for you to copy/paste that article into a post. Her viewpoint might be partisan and her employer might be tabloid, but she deserves to be mentioned when she wrote that article.

As i said i got it from the rolling feed at news.com, link below, i never took it from an article that Vanessa Brown wrote. I never claimed it as mine, just posted it like i have done with plenty of articles . not sure where your get that from, and it seems this was from Alexis Carey who posted it not Vanessa Brown, i wouldn't have thought it was a piece written by Vanessa Brown.

As i said i got it from the rolling feed at news.com, link below, i never took it from an article. I never claimed it as mine, not sure where your get that from.

Let me put it this way: if you did what you did up there in any professional format - whether academic or otherwise - you'd be done for plagiarism.

You copy-pasted something directly, without attributing it, and without any indication it's from an article or anything more than your own interpretation. I'm more than happy to let this go; this is a forum. Just, attribute the things your quote. She deserves to own her words, even if you don't think so.

if you have looked at the polling over the past couple of years there has been a significant decline in polling quality due to the difficulty of getting a correct sample due to the lack of landline phones and other changes. This wasn't the first election that the polls were wrong.

The polls leading up showed a slight tightening but constantly had labor taking an easy victory in the 2-3% margin. In fact it was the reverse. Trying to spin they were on the right track is irrelevant. They were totally wrong.

Pretty sure someone else wrote it, and she like me copied and pasted.
Did you even bother to follow the link I posted when I made the original reply? The text - in full - is taken from an article on News.com. She is the attributed author of the article. She is held to a professional standard; she cannot copy-paste like you, or else she'd be out of a job.

This isn't a difficult thing to accomplish.

Are you related to your family dog?
I'm just trying to work out why you're having such a weird melt over this.

It was clear to everyone he'd copied and pasted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back