Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know the answer, I'm asking you. Your seem to be the real estate guru.
I'm no real estate guru, far from it, but unlike some on this forum my source of knowledge is not Twitter

So what is the total households that are rentals this year and last year respectively?

Does this help
'The latest data from the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) reveals that 2,245,539 Australians or around 20% of Australia’s 11.4 million taxpayers owned an investment property in 2020-21 – this is the latest data available at the time of writing and was released in June 2023.'

People have left Melbourne in droves - interstate and into the countryside. You can't find a house or a rental in most towns - we're full.
They didn't like QUARNTINE you goose.
PS Disrespect me .. I'm voting No. Could never vote for anything the guy trying to sell us something can't explain.
Albo: "What the Voice is ,,, well what it is, s ... it gives a Voice to to people who need a Voice."
Sound logic.

To be fair you can't get a rental in Melbourne either.

And it's not correct to say people are leaving Melbourne "in droves" as there are more coming in than going out. Melbourne's population has increased every year since at least 1950 according to this.

Agree, IF it is significantly cheaper and quicker than the Skybus.

I guess it's really choosing between catering to tourists or residents (I would virtually always drive or taxi to the airport even if there was a train line, I imagine most resident travelers are the same).

This, an air rail only serves tourists, i live in the Western Suburbs and no way would i use air rail if it existed, would have tranship in the city from where i live, when i could drive there quicker and not beholden to public transport delays or packed trains with multiple baggage.

I would rather that money spent on infrastructure and roads that will benefit Victorians for a long time.

This, an air rail only serves tourists, i live in the Western Suburbs and no way would i use air rail if it existed, would have tranship in the city from where i live, when i could drive there quicker and not beholden to public transport delays or packed trains with multiple baggage.

I would rather that money spent on infrastructure and roads that will benefit Victorians for a long time.
The airport will integrate with the Sunbury/ Pakenham/Cranbourne line.

Basically where the Sunbury train stops the airport train stops.

airport rail can be good for more than just tourists

people that work at or around the airport for example

people that travel to/from Melbourne for business

it depends how it integrates into the existing network and the costs of course

last time I had to get PT to the airport it took me nearly 3 hours

Air travel is being cut back, supposedly to fight global warming (while those telling us to do so fly in private jets).

As such, the airport will become decreasingly important.

Air travel is being cut back, supposedly to fight global warming (while those telling us to do so fly in private jets).

As such, the airport will become decreasingly important.

I brought this up also. Supposedly air travel won’t stop or be cut back was the reply I got from a few and bad for politics. I guess we’ll wait and see.

It's the final section in the $100b suburban rail loop.

Tunnel exists at Sunshine and goes to the airport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

and we should have had airport rail about 40 years ago but taxis and sky bus lobbying stopped it
It's mind blowing that it hasn't been done. Road is a bottleneck on growth.

and we should have had airport rail about 40 years ago but taxis and sky bus lobbying stopped it
And now look at the taxi situation at Melbourne Airport. Somehow Uber managed to have the taxi ranks relegated to the far end of Terminal 1, and at Terminal 4. The taxi industry was shafted IMO

And now look at the taxi situation at Melbourne Airport. Somehow Uber managed to have the taxi ranks relegated to the far end of Terminal 1, and at Terminal 4. The taxi industry was shafted IMO
Uber suck but the taxi industry in Melbourne was cancerous until they had to deal with competition

Uber suck but the taxi industry in Melbourne was cancerous until they had to deal with competition
Agree. I think Uber was needed to give the Taxi industry the shake-up needed, and it happened. Uber, in the meantime, is not what bit was when first launched. Pricing is all over the place, and service with a smile is hit and miss

the reality is we've had successive governments for decades not do something in the public interest - in this case improve public transport access to part of Melbourne

because of special interest groups that have a monopoly as long as they don't

Agree. I think Uber was needed to give the Taxi industry the shake-up needed, and it happened. Uber, in the meantime, is not what bit was when first launched. Pricing is all over the place, and service with a smile is hit and miss

And Didi stinks!

nothing is perfect, what they showed, but not what people took out of the uber situation I don' think

is that monopolies are bad, markets that are static encourage collusion

look at our supermarket duopoly

its good for them but not for consumers or manufacturers

Banning gas supplies into homes in Victoria from new builds next year 😂🤦‍♂️

What could possibly go wrong….

Does he also realise inadvertently how many jobs he’s just cut?
Banning gas to homes will shave off $1000 a year in household energy bills, according to the government. I'd love to see the analysis that came up with that nice round figure. Probably the same people who costed the Commonwealth Games?

Banning gas to homes will shave off $1000 a year in household energy bills, according to the government. I'd love to see the analysis that came up with that nice round figure. Probably the same people who costed the Commonwealth Games?

I’d like to see how they worked this out also, and now. Down the track, if they don’t reduce, there’s no accountability.

gas supply charges alone will be couple of hundred dollars

beyond that who knows

our biggest gas cost is heating in winter or biggest electricity cost is cooling in summer

solar is much better at offsetting summer costs than winter

reverse cycle systems are cheaper to run than gas heaters but generally cost more to buy

we have a high reliance on gas for heating because it costs less up front

and we can't offset gas usage like we can electricity

it makes sense to draw a line in the sand on new installations, should have been done years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back