ICAC Inquiry into Eddie Obeid & NSW ALP

Remove this Banner Ad

Couldn't believe Sinodinis door stop chat with the press stating he had done nothing wrong.
Has he forgotten this?
Icac has previously heard that the party’s top fundraiser, Paul Nicolaou, had suggested funnelling donations to the federal party through the FEF at meetings when Sinodinos was present.

“If there was a suggestion, it went over my head,” Sinodinos said. Yeah right, I believe you, not.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...onation-laundering-scheme-didnt-pass-pub-test

Some Assistant Treasurer he is if money matters are being discussed and he is not paying attention.

Joe Hockey says Arthur Sinodinos should return to frontbench

Federal Treasurer Joe Hockey wants Arthur Sinodinos to eventually return to the frontbench, saying the former assistant treasurer is "a man of great personal integrity".

Senator Sinodinos stood down in March after political pressure over dealings that have been investigated by the Independent Commission Against Corruption.

He told the ICAC on Friday he did not accept "any responsibility" for the NSW Liberal Party accepting donations from prohibited donors via the federal Free Enterprise Foundation during the last state election campaign.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/joe-hocke...frontbench-20140915-10h2v7.html#ixzz3DNuxjDkz

I guess in Joe's world "great personal integrity" means "no actual integrity".

Last edited:

I think public funding has to be the way. If someone who the Libs claimed was highly talented and clearly wasn't in want of money feels the need to act so dodgily then it can only be because the structure of the political parties is too focused on generating funds via 'donations'.

I read the other day that Norway has banned political advertising, and that parties recieve their funding from the taxpayer alone.

Can anyone see a problem with this in Australia?

We'd still need a Federal ICAC to look into the Frances Abbott types and other treasonous thieves, but it would seem to be a good choice anyway.

Interesting article regarding changes Baird has introduced to ICAC.

Can see a number of LIB pollies going, 'phew'. Corruption alive and well in NSW and the Libs.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/icac-cann...rrupt-in-donations-probe-20151219-glrq8m.html

"Recent changes to the ICAC's powers – ushered through state Parliament in the wake of a damaging High Court ruling – gave it the power to investigate alleged breaches of NSW election funding laws but stopped short of allowing it to label it "corrupt conduct"."

Interesting article regarding changes Baird has introduced to ICAC.

Can see a number of LIB pollies going, 'phew'. Corruption alive and well in NSW and the Libs.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/icac-cann...rrupt-in-donations-probe-20151219-glrq8m.html

"Recent changes to the ICAC's powers – ushered through state Parliament in the wake of a damaging High Court ruling – gave it the power to investigate alleged breaches of NSW election funding laws but stopped short of allowing it to label it "corrupt conduct"."

So that's why Arthur is walking around the place with a large smile on his face.

So that's why Arthur is walking around the place with a large smile on his face.
True, I was thinking Power Raid would also make some comment as he hates corruption so much but perhaps only when it is 'unions'?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow, there's a Wile E Coyote cartoon in there somewhere with the NSW liberal party.

set the TNT for the road runner ALP but now its going to backfire they're frantically stamping out the burning fuse

Yeah, lets fund clowns like Pauline Hanson and Hanson-Young. Makes eating yellow snow sound like a decent alternative.
Happy New Year, white supremacist. Are you aware that your tax-paying dollars already fund Hanson-Young? And used to fund Pauline when she was democratically elected? How else do you think politicians should be paid? Under the table from property developers?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back