If Cuz wasn't captain.....

Remove this Banner Ad

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
and wasn't on our list, Jakovich would be captain, but given he will retire pretty soon, who would be the captain after that??

interesting thread on the main board, and I tend to think it could well be Chad Fletcher?????

probably a bit left field, but I reckon a good choice.

If cuz wasnt captain we would be stuffed...But yeah i think Fletch or even Gardiner would be capable captains but if Cuz didnt play this year Jako would probably of been captain...Judd will probably be the next eagles captain if he continues with the eagles and kerr is his vice.

Originally posted by noodle
i'd put forward jones. not a champion player but a guy that shows a level head and leads on the field already.

hmmmmmm good player in his own right, and does fit the leadership role, but not as captain. Your captain does need to be on our your very best players in almost every case.

Originally posted by Black Thunder
hmmmmmm good player in his own right, and does fit the leadership role, but not as captain. Your captain does need to be on our your very best players in almost every case.

true.
by that ruling we would be looking to choose from,

gardiner
judd
kerr
fletcher
matera
embley (???)

and i really don't see any of these guys as having any true leadership ability combined with the media presence. the closest would be fletcher followed by gardiner.

true.
by that ruling we would be looking to choose from,

gardiner
judd
kerr
fletcher
matera
embley (???)

and i really don't see any of these guys as having any true leadership ability combined with the media presence. the closest would be fletcher followed by gardiner.

yea I agree with that.

But I'd go with Jakovich for one season* with Fletcher as a co-captain, and Gardiner or perhaps even Judd as vice-captain. If we did move Judd to vice-captain that may pursuade him to stay around??

*I did say you want them to be in your very best footballers but I did also say almost all of the time. I think with Jako it would be one of those times were you could exclude the rule, but I would have him as co-captain with Fletcher......

I reckon a lot of people would've said that about Cousins when he first took the job in front of Jakovich.....sometimes you never know till you put a player inthe hot seat.

i'd put forward jones. not a champion player but a guy that shows a level head and leads on the field already.

My thoughts exactly Noodle. Rowan handles the media very well, is calm, poised, professional, respected by his peers, leads by example on the field, is relatively intelligent for a footballer !!

I think if Cuz wasn't around Jonesy would be a good option with maybe Juddy and Embers as his able assistants

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wirra's the Man

He may seem a unconventional choice as captain, but I'd back Wirrapunda (If he renews his contract) to the hills! On the field he leads by example and gives 120%. Given time and the support of Woosha and the club he'll develop the personal, management and communications skills required for the job. Wonder if he'd really want the job? I don't know that he craves the limelight associated with living in a 'one team town'. (Fremantle? Where's that??)

Re: Wirra's the Man

Originally posted by mukiwa
He may seem a unconventional choice as captain, but I'd back Wirrapunda (If he renews his contract) to the hills! On the field he leads by example and gives 120%. Given time and the support of Woosha and the club he'll develop the personal, management and communications skills required for the job. Wonder if he'd really want the job? I don't know that he craves the limelight associated with living in a 'one team town'. (Fremantle? Where's that??)

I agree with all that, but Cuz is our captain now, so I will comment no further.

Originally posted by llosis
Maybe the 24 proved too much for Reid this year. Certainly didn't live up toour club's lofty expectations of a player wearing such a prestigious jumper..

True and my point was made with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek (not my arse cheek yukkk). Having said that I am not yet willing to get read (hahahaha) of him just yet. I think consdering that he has just come back from a knee injury he should be given more time before we are too critical of him.

Vote 1 Andrew McDougall
Doogs for PM... Doogs for Captaincy!

If Cousins has another 6 good years left in the tank, our next captain may not even be playing AFL.

Wirrpunda.

Classy player, of course, but is very calm, collected, and by all accounts a pretty smart cookie- has a lot of respect from the playing group for that reason- I'd go for him as captain.

Originally posted by Mead
Wirrpunda.

Classy player, of course, but is very calm, collected, and by all accounts a pretty smart cookie- has a lot of respect from the playing group for that reason- I'd go for him as captain.

He came across very well as Captain material on TFS

Remove this Banner Ad

Back