Teams Indianapolis Colts - Unitas We Stand ™

Remove this Banner Ad

So far I'm liking everything from Colts training camp. It sounds like Luck has really taken control of the team and it shows during his press conferences. What I'm really interested in is if Griff "Griffy" Whalen makes the final roster. Coach Pagano has been praising his ability on the field and being another player from Stanford, would be great with Pep Hamilton's offense. He could become a real 'Colt' hero.

What else has you excited from Colts training camp this week?

One of my favorite rookie prospects is fb/hb dan moore. Interested to see if he can crack the 53. I believe he will as a 3rd HB.
It's weird to see the colts run with fullbacks, should hopefully help the run game though.

I've been loving the preseason camp, so many articles, videos and podcast stuff to listen to and watch. It's definitely affecting my work productivity every morning.

So far I'm liking everything from Colts training camp. It sounds like Luck has really taken control of the team and it shows during his press conferences. What I'm really interested in is if Griff "Griffy" Whalen makes the final roster. Coach Pagano has been praising his ability on the field and being another player from Stanford, would be great with Pep Hamilton's offense. He could become a real 'Colt' hero.

What else has you excited from Colts training camp this week?
Loving the news about Chapmans he's a tank 154kgs NT been having an amazing camp so far. The story of him knocking down 4 linemen was great.

Sounds like Fleerer, Allen and TY are killing it. DHB is getting better and Reggie is Reggie. Our receiving unit could be amazing his year.

And the secondary is having a really good camp so far. Toler, Davis, Butler and Vaughn means we finally have a real good group of Cb's .

Luck is hitting about 65+% of his camp passes with the secondary having a great camp.

Lots to like so far. Looking forward to week 2

Looking at the Colts RB platoon...

Ballard is the 1B, or goalline back, not a standout athlete, just a good solid contributor.
Bradshaw the 1A, health permitting.
Brown is a bust, but has explosive ability.
Williams is more scat, and special teams, don't think he'll amount to much.
Carter is a goalline back type.

There's Megget, and then Moore and Havili as the FBs.

Moore is too talented to let go (imo). They could easily keep him around as a 2nd FB / 3rd HB. He could be easily see some action as Hamilton's offense will utilize the FB releasing into the flat, and he's quite a good runner of the ball too.

Some of those listed above are nicked up too.

Bradshaw-Ballard locked in, then a scat back will make the roster (one of Brown or Williams). So Havili and Moore both as FBs to make roster. Moore filling in at FB and depth at HB.

Looking at the Colts RB platoon...

Ballard is the 1B, or goalline back, not a standout athlete, just a good solid contributor.
Bradshaw the 1A, health permitting.
Brown is a bust, but has explosive ability.
Williams is more scat, and special teams, don't think he'll amount to much.
Carter is a goalline back type.

There's Megget, and then Moore and Havili as the FBs.

Moore is too talented to let go (imo). They could easily keep him around as a 2nd FB / 3rd HB. He could be easily see some action as Hamilton's offense will utilize the FB releasing into the flat, and he's quite a good runner of the ball too.

Some of those listed above are nicked up too.

Bradshaw-Ballard locked in, then a scat back will make the roster (one of Brown or Williams). So Havili and Moore both as FBs to make roster. Moore filling in at FB and depth at HB.
It will be interesting to see how brown goes behind a fullback as he played with one in college. While I agree he is 3rd on depth it could be something that improves him. Carter is gone imo, unless Bradshaw stays injured but by all reports he'll be back week after next.

One of my favorite rookie prospects is fb/hb dan moore. Interested to see if he can crack the 53. I believe he will as a 3rd HB.

Might be in trouble to make it now, got injured in training this morning.

fullback Dan Moore had a sprain the AC joint in his right shoulder.

Week 1 thoughts:

Bjorn Werner looked horrible i had my questions marks over him when he was drafted in to a 3-4 scheme.

Laron Landry was all over the field was v solid so was Bethea.

Andrew Luck is awesome that play where there where like 3 raiders guys about to take him down for a sack and he just burst out there for a first down was amazing.

We lack gamechangers someone that can create turnovers and picks.

O-line was a big fat meh not as bad as last year but nothing special today god i cant wait till the coaches give Thornton a go ahead of Mike Mcglynn.

21lr6rl.jpg

Looks good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After a great win against Seattle, we've been brought back down to earth :( There's a lot to work on if we are to have any chance against Denver next week. Dropped catches, poor defense, horrible coaching. But can't lose faith. Luck gives us a chance every week!

After a great win against Seattle, we've been brought back down to earth :( There's a lot to work on if we are to have any chance against Denver next week. Dropped catches, poor defense, horrible coaching. But can't lose faith. Luck gives us a chance every week!

Was as poor a game ive seen us play this year, lets hope we just got ahead of ourselfs and were thinking about Denver. Hoping for a much greater showing next week.

How do we think TRich (or as a fellow Colts fan from Indianapolis said to me at a superbowl party "TPoor") will go with a full off/pre season to work things out with the OLine?

I think he needs to be given that chance - coming in before the 3rd(?) game of the season wasn't particularly ideal. Having said that, even his rookie year wasn't overly good, so he hasn't really shown much at the top level.

I think he needs to be given that chance - coming in before the 3rd(?) game of the season wasn't particularly ideal. Having said that, even his rookie year wasn't overly good, so he hasn't really shown much at the top level.
It was a long way away from what he did this previous season though!
We can only hope he comes up with the goods!

There is no doubt he was poor, we can only hope that a full traning camp and hopefully a better o-line will improve his performance. As it stands if he doesn't improve dramtically then Grigson has make a huge mistake that could cost us in the coming years with the loss of the first this year, that player could have been a great O or D line player.

If I had the choice right this minute id take the first round pick back in a heartbeat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back