Injury Injuries 2015 : The state of No Play

Remove this Banner Ad

Jeez, been a couple of ACL's in the first round of nab cup - can't remember how often that has happened before?
hope that's now it for major injuries.....

Quiet common in NAB cup. Some theories suggest the hard ground cause it. No one really knows.

most of the nab cup injuries you see look like they are muscle imbalance injuries (ie: "it was an innocuous movement") as opposed to a Hasleby style impact knee.

Suggests to me that the training techniques are at the heart of the issue, either its the massive amount of running they force them to do or something else, the NAB cup is just the place where it is first appearing. If we didn't have NAB they would go down in round 1/2.

most of the nab cup injuries you see look like they are muscle imbalance injuries (ie: "it was an innocuous movement") as opposed to a Hasleby style impact knee.

Suggests to me that the training techniques are at the heart of the issue, either its the massive amount of running they force them to do or something else, the NAB cup is just the place where it is first appearing. If we didn't have NAB they would go down in round 1/2.

The human knee is really a terribly engineered joint.
Tom and Eric's injuries looked ridiculously innocuous.

The human knee is really a terribly engineered joint.
Tom and Eric's injuries looked ridiculously innocuous.

What's up with Sandilands? Gone from not missing a beat in the pre-season to missing the last intra club and now the first NAB cup game? I can't imagine they would fly him to Sydney the following week either.

What's up with Sandilands? Gone from not missing a beat in the pre-season to missing the last intra club and now the first NAB cup game? I can't imagine they would fly him to Sydney the following week either.

Has a sore back I think, nothing major we are told, I am glad to see him in cotton wool. Griff needs a run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently Duffield out for 6 weeks and set to miss rnd 1 - is this confirmed?

This concerns me against port and hawthorn with Dawson out too. At the very least not match fit.

I reckon Blakey in and rotate Mundy and Mayne down back is a better option for the start of the season than Tanner IMO

Last edited:
I heard this too but can't find a source?

edit: the worst australian: https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/afl/a/26581272/docker-duffield-to-miss-start-of-season/

dammit Duff is quite important in our defence.....especially with so many excellent small players port have. Aty least it's not his legs/arms... Makes our best avaliable backline interesting....

Extremely important but given Duffield is 30, I am excited that this opens the door to give someone else the opportunity.

Its not the Port small forwards that are the issue. Its taking the kick ins and distributing the ball out of the back line. These are Duff's strengths.
true, lets hope Spuury can improve his disposal effciency :p
We still have a back line of Sutcliffe, Ibbo, Macca, Silvangi, Jonno, Spurr, C pearce to name a few. maybe some younger players to shine through too. Didn't realize duff was 30!

Johnno and Duffield usually split the kick ins, don't they? I'd expect to Johnno to take a large majority of them now either way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back