Injury Injuries 2015 : The state of No Play

Remove this Banner Ad

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Lyon says Michael Barlow and Paul Duffield will miss a week or so <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/foreverfreo?src=hash">#foreverfreo</a></p>&mdash; Fremantle Dockers (@Fremantle_FC) <a href="">March 13, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

There's the tweet, it sounded like a single week.

Well Duffield will miss rd 1 and should be back round 2 or 3 so sounds like Barlow is the same.

Port could be without Wingard, Trengove, Monfries and Ryder for round one.

That's bigger for them.
but their expected injures are 2-3 weeks....which as of this date, is before round 1....they're running at training and the like, just not into full training. Not saying they will play....just saying there is a chance they could have a full available team

FREMANTLE
Player Injury Estimated Return
Michael Barlow Ankle TBC
Zac Dawson Groin 2-4 weeks
Paul Duffield Rib 6 weeks
Anthony Morabito Knee TBC
Updated: Thursday, March 12

6 weeks for duff :/ and Barlow unknown? Hmmm hope hes ok………I remember him having a bad ankle early last year against the suns. I’d say Dawson probably won’t get up either for round 1…..and Crowls is an unknown…..so at this stage, Crowls, Dawson, Barlow and Duff all missing from last years team….Not ideal. :-/

No D Pearce or Taberner though despite missing training on Friday and not being named in the Sydney squad?
See.. Storm in a teacup - this post was.

Nothing in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not exactly going to be subtle here as have had a few wines, but our injury list based on what I've seen is significantly longer and more concerning than what is coming out of the club.

By my count

Walters - ankle doubtful rnd 1
Barlow - Ankle doubtful Rnd 1
Duffield - rib. IMO no chance rnd 1. Deadset he looked like he did a collarone in that incident.
Ballas - calf no chance rnd 1
D Pearce - 0 games in preseason
Sandilands - 0 games in preseason

Dawson - no chance rnd 1 his replacements ->
Silvagni - doubtful rnd 1
A Pearce - no chance rnd 1
Tanner Smith is our last hope.. Againts Shultz will get 5 kicked on him.

All up this is a serious concern heading into the first four rounds.

I'm not exactly going to be subtle here as have had a few wines, but our injury list based on what I've seen is significantly longer and more concerning than what is coming out of the club.

By my count

Duffield - rib. IMO no chance rnd 1. Deadset he looked like he did a collarone in that incident.

Opportunities at the beginning of the year for the younguns to bang the door down. Alarming injury list by number, but it can turn around in a week.

By my count

Geez your a pessimist! I reckon all will play in that top list bar Duffield.

By my count

Not sure if it's as bad as you're making out, but let's just make it worse by saying Tanner Smith isn't our last hope, because he's a rookie and can't play. None of those are LTI's

By my count

Round 1 is still two weeks away.I reckon Duffield and Dawson are the only certainties to not play round 1.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back