Injury Injuries 2015 : The state of No Play

Remove this Banner Ad

Good news. SCoS and Dawson could be ready for Richmond away in a fortnight and MJ back for the derby in round 18.
Based on the list, given we don't have any further setbacks then in a couple of weeks, our injury list could be down to just Johno, plus Mora and Ape. Not a bad position to be in if we can keep it going.

I caught up with Duffy at the Peel game on Saturday and he had a support on his calf that he has injured . He said 3 weeks before he can get back into full training . He was just a bit down on himself about the timing of the injury but still there supporting the boys .

Dawson could play for Peel this week. Silvagni possibly the week after.

It would be great if either of them were a forward.

Dawson could play for Peel this week. Silvagni possibly the week after.

It would be great if either of them were a forward.

Alex was tried forward a few years ago (or was it last year) and was deadest hopeless.

That said will be interesting to see if they are even tried as a forward for a week or so at Peel to see if they might be some use to us.

Alex was tried forward a few years ago (or was it last year) and was deadest hopeless.

That said will be interesting to see if they are even tried as a forward for a week or so at Peel to see if they might be some use to us.

I remember he was tried as a forward in that brilliant game against Collinwood in 2013. He tackled and pressured like an absolute maniac, but his set-shot kicking was absolutely horrendous.

I remember he was tried as a forward in that brilliant game against Collinwood in 2013. He tackled and pressured like an absolute maniac, but his set-shot kicking was absolutely horrendous.

Which is actually a bit out of character. He's a pretty good kick, both in play an at goal. I remember another disastrous game against the Hawks, 2011 I think, where he kicked a couple in tough conditions. He was the only one who could kick straight the whole day. But yeah, the most recent attempt at it, he just couldn't find the sticks.

I remember at the time in interviews etc. that Ross really seemed to want to make it work because he could see SCOS being useful there - his attack on the ball is excellent, though not a supper tall, he's got pretty good hands, is mobile enough and he seemed to know where to go - but for whatever reasons, it just didn't work out and I think that idea is now in the too hard basket for good.

INJURY LIST - UPDATED TUESDAY 14 JULY
Zac Dawson (Thumb) Test
Alex Silvagni (Hamstring) 1-2 weeks
Max Duffy (Calf) 2-3 weeks
Michael Johnson (Hamstring) 3-5 weeks
Ryan Crowley (Suspension) 10 weeks
Michael Apeness (Knee) Season
Anthony Morabito (Knee) TBA

Good news:
  • Dawson progressing quickly to "test".
  • Silvagni and Johnson tracking as expected.
Bad news:
  • Duffy injured.
  • Apeness officially out for the season.

Good news:
  • Dawson progressing quickly to "test".

RTB in his 6PR interview said that Dawson's pins were coming out and he'd likely be available for Peel this week, so if that's anything to go by, you'd think Zac will be available for AFL action the following week vs Tigers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having Dawson back will allow a chop out for Pearce, and possibly Macca - though it scares me a little to have those 2 back there.

Having SOS back helps a little, though we wont really have full flexibility and structure until Johno returns.

Relatively healthy apart from our defence

You would argue that there is a strong correlation between our 2 way running midfield helping out the depleted defence atm with its declining output

Read somewhere earlier that it'll be on very managed game time.

Think he is only playing in the 2s so I'd say he plays a half at most.

RTB has said Zac is much closer to playing (AFL) then Silva.

Alex was very good in the Collingwood game and gave the forward line a hard edge in contests . He got the ball to ground for the small forwards to crumb and created opportunities for others with good kicking to leading forwards .We won that game without Pav .
Once Dawson is available Alex Pearce should go back to Peel and play at FF to see if he has an impact .

Keep Alex Pearce where he is unless his form dips. he is playing well and RTB mentioned him and Sandilands as only the 2 not mediocre last week. Dawson and Silvagni need game time at a lower level for a couple of weeks as they have played little football. better off in the long run

Last edited:
Joking aren't u ?. Snoz injured most times worst luck. Zac will b more than handy,Johno straight back in. Least we know we have 1 in Pearce A.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back