Injury Injuries 2015 : The state of No Play

Remove this Banner Ad

No wasn't meant to b taken personally . Just think there are more issues than our back line. I as u hope they get thru the weekend but backline been ok.

Never said it was an issue but we have nobody other than Tanner Smith left if we were to cop yet another injury to a tall. I'm relieved we'll have some breathing space again.

I see Apeness is looking good for an early return, should be playing before WAFL finals.

This is great news, hopefully he shows enough late in the season to give us some indication what he will look like next year.

Silvagni played a full game for Peel reserves against Claremont and got through the game quite well . He has many posessions and was very good with his marking and kicking . Most of his kicks were over short to medium distance and he hit every target . A couple of times Claremont players tried to give him a bit of a touch up and he responded with some push and shove of his own . I spoke to him after the game and he was very happy to out on the ground playing .No problems with the body at all .
Zac Dawson played in the league team for the whole game and he like Silvagni was very serviceable but Shepherd had harsh words with the defenders at 3\4 time .Shepherd also got stuck into Clarke and Hannath about their games saying that you are rucking against an over 30 year old and he is showing you up which was quite right .

Silvagni played a full game for Peel reserves against Claremont and got through the game quite well . He has many posessions and was very good with his marking and kicking . Most of his kicks were over short to medium distance and he hit every target . A couple of times Claremont players tried to give him a bit of a touch up and he responded with some push and shove of his own . I spoke to him after the game and he was very happy to out on the ground playing .No problems with the body at all .
Zac Dawson played in the league team for the whole game and he like Silvagni was very serviceable but Shepherd had harsh words with the defenders at 3\4 time .Shepherd also got stuck into Clarke and Hannath about their games saying that you are rucking against an over 30 year old and he is showing you up which was quite right .

Really like how you get in amongst it, :cool: he is a very good 30 year old though and a premiership ruck at that but it's is nice still to see coaches give it to players at times. Good win by Peel yesterday.:D

When you go to training sessions at Freo , Peel reserves games and go out to the middle during breaks in the game , coaches and players get to know you . I also listen to the line coaches talking to the players under their them and the coach's address between quarters .
Shehperds main statement to the rucks was concise and to the point . Clarke and Hannath were challenged . The backs at the end of the first quarter were asked why they weren't doing what was asked of them before the game .With Moller injured they had to work harder and they did .

Bit of personal opinion I suspect, but I think people underestimate how good Silva can be with ball in hand. I mean he's no Pendlebury, but for a player that plays key back, he has a nice boot on him.

Bit of personal opinion I suspect, but I think people underestimate how good Silva can be with ball in hand. I mean he's no Pendlebury, but for a player that plays key back, he has a nice boot on him.

He wasn't prepared to put everything into a deep penetrating kick and he wasn't chasing flat out as well so I would suggest he is not fully confident in the hammy just yet .
No he's not a Pendlebury but he better than Carlisle .

Have it on good authority that Ballas went in for shoulder surgery this morning. Most likely scenario is that he will not feature in the team again this year. Club should release a statement soon.

Have it on good authority that Ballas went in for shoulder surgery this morning. Most likely scenario is that he will not feature in the team again this year. Club should release a statement soon.

Please elaborate on your "good authority".

As much as it pains me to say as I love Ballas......... don't think its any great loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Please elaborate on your "good authority".

As much as it pains me to say as I love Ballas......... don't think its any great loss.

It depends on how you look at it. To me, we have already been badly missing Ballantyne ... as in the good one.

Whether it be his form, or injury ... if he is missing for the year, it is still a massive loss. Our impotent forward line badly needs a fit and firing Balla.

Yikes! Crozier your time is now. Duffy get better soon son. If Crozier fails then this might be your last shot.

It depends on how you look at it. To me, we have already been badly missing Ballantyne ... as in the good one.

Whether it be his form, or injury ... if he is missing for the year, it is still a massive loss. Our impotent forward line badly needs a fit and firing Balla.

While I agree with you he and Sonny both seem to play better as that small forward when the other either isn't there or is pushed further up the ground.
To me this will allow us to see some more from Sonny.

Oh s**t. Any other year and this would be a huge loss but this year Ballas hasn't fired at all so a good chance for someone like Crozier to step up. Ballas will be spewing.

Well if you're wrong, don't post these comments please unless you're certain.

I thought Crozier was average. When he came to the club he was such an exciting propsect, with his ability to take hangers and do the unpredictable. That's all seemingly beaten out of hiom now and he plays with hardness but not so much flair.

He still deserves a run of a few games but at the same time if you're looking for a Ballas replacement Duffy is closer to the mark

Remove this Banner Ad

Back