Is Shoey in our best 22?

Remove this Banner Ad

Y
We need to either drop him or find a position and play him there, he looks lost at the moment as he's all over the shop.
yep , we need to persevere with him down back on the oppositions second tall and see if spanghers desperation is better served in the forward line , he would at least compete wholeheartedly , untill such time , if ever brand and heatherly demand a spot ahead of him ... Brand sounds promising ?

Reads the play better as a defender. Best performed kpd this season and based purely on yesterday I would have him ahead of lake. Lake has two games to show he is still up to it as we can't afford him in this form.

Hard to judge shoey as a forward. Played there in the first and had a couple of touches but not much. We got killed in the middle until he went back in the second. We got killed in the middle all third qtr and he played a bit of both ends. he played well down back in the last. He is a defender for mine with occasional swing up forward in 2014.

Spangher, Lake and Gibbo should be given a run together to see if thet gel.

Bring Lithers back in to provide run if Birch gets tagged.

Shoey can have a rest for 1. Let's see how we go.

No surprise really but a couple of games at the lower level may be just what he needs.
He looks too good a talent to languish at BH for long so I hope he works hard and gets back in the side before the year is out.

No surprise really but a couple of games at the lower level may be just what he needs.
He looks too good a talent to languish at BH for long so I hope he works hard and gets back in the side before the year is out.

I think Clarko is stabilizing the team now. I think for Shoe, Duryea they may have just missed the boat. Time now to get serious. 5 week B2B campaign.

I like the team. Apart from Cyril and maybe BB, its the team that will take us all the way!

I think he is a defender and has been better than lake in that role this year. Obviously Lake has demonstrated a higher level of performance so needs to be given an opportunity to find it but its harsh on shoey who has been daylight better than Lake and better in defence than Spang in my opinion (playing Lake's role anyway). Spang is better against a number 3 who he can peal off and affect other contests.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being left put of a dress rehearsal is hardly compelling evidence.

I'd say it's between him and sphanger depends go form and mafchups.

Certainly won't be traded with Lake and Gibbo getting old.

Not at the minute obviously. This will give Spangh a chance to demand his spot.

He has been on borrowed time the past 6 or 7 weeks, he was always going to be one of the first out when we started getting somewhere near our full team back despite some on here suggesting he was an important part of the structure.

Doubt we will see him again this year unless we have more injuries.

Schoenmakers has definately been passed and quite simply has been ineffective as a forward, is better as a backman but not better than Lake so he has no match up against Geelong, Fremantle and Port. However, with the backline we had last night I have some concerns against Sydney. They have a much bigger forward line than other top 4 challenges and Schoenmakers appears better than Spanger deep in defense on a big forward. Schoenmakers out makes it Lake or Bust on Tippett.

I think he is a defender and has been better than lake in that role this year. Obviously Lake has demonstrated a higher level of performance so needs to be given an opportunity to find it but its harsh on shoey who has been daylight better than Lake and better in defence than Spang in my opinion (playing Lake's role anyway). Spang is better against a number 3 who he can peal off and affect other contests.

Lake was very good last night, crucial to our chances this year, Schoenmakers is nowhere near his level.

Schoenmakers has definately been passed and quite simply has been ineffective as a forward, is better as a backman but not better than Lake so he has no match up against Geelong, Fremantle and Port. However, with the backline we had last night I have some concerns against Sydney. They have a much bigger forward line than other top 4 challenges and Schoenmakers appears better than Spanger deep in defense on a big forward. Schoenmakers out makes it Lake or Bust on Tippett.

Basically the difference from the Sydney game if the current back 6 remains the same.

Out: Shoey Litherland
In: Lake Spangher.

Tippett v Lake.
Buddy v Gibson
Goodes V Stratton
Reid V Spangher.

I think Spangher showed some things last night that Schoenmakers is physically capable of but mentally he doesn't do it.

There was a piece of play near the wing where the ball looked likely to bounce out. It would've been understandable for any player to just let it go. There was a lucky bounce however and the Geelong player was able to save it from going out. Luckily for us Spangher saw that very small possibility of it happening and was already set to place a big, solid tackle that killed it. I don't think Schoey would have done that. To be fair A lot of players wouldn't have. It was very much a Puopolo "100% effort and 0% to chance" kind of act.

There was also that desperate handball spoil he made during the second half which I think led to a goal after looking like Geelong might've run it down the other end.

So like I said, not stuff Schoey couldn't do but it's the kind of stuff he hasn't done with the same frequency and intensity as Spangher. It's these sorts of acts and mentality we need in finals.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back