Opinion Is the Season over?

Remove this Banner Ad

The worst decision we ever made was not getting hinkley, if he had our side we would be going as good as port are now!! Big mistake by RFC
No the worse decision we made was not getting Burgess' wife to pick Melbourne. Had she done that we'd be the ones with the fantastic fitness base to be able to overrun teams.

No the worse decision we made was not getting Burgess' wife to pick Melbourne. Had she done that we'd be the ones with the fantastic fitness base to be able to overrun teams.
We are one of the biggest clubs and we can't lure a goodfitness person, surely there's plenty out there we just have an ordinary one ATM

We are one of the biggest clubs and we can't lure a goodfitness person, surely there's plenty out there we just have an ordinary one ATM
We lured him and we had him all but signed then the missus wanted to go to Adelaide to live again.

Gee dunno bout that. Sure we're very glad to have landed him but it was a weird combination of circumstances.
Andrew Mackie was front n centre in it happening. Our turn around has been phenomenal,gotta pinch myself
sometimes. Look you guys are a great and proud club with a following most teams can only dream of.
On THAT basis you should have ZERO tolerance for any player/s not giving their all for the jumper.
Ken would go thru some of your lazy comfortable thieves(players) like a dose of salts. You guys know
who they are. 2 bob lairs who wouldn't give the club the steam off their piss,yet without the club their nothing.
Maybe I'm outta line with my take but Ken would be a reality check to some on your list.
No that's not my point. What is front and centre at the moment is how well PA are doing right now with wins and losses, but your talent is very good too. I was merely saying our talent in 2010 wasn't anywhere near that. So I would say, we wouldn't have had the same results as you have had over the last year and a bit. Add to that the fitness guy you got. My point is unless you can actually swap jobs mid stride you can never know if the results would be the same if roles were reversed.

The worst decision we ever made was not getting hinkley, if he had our side we would be going as good as port are now!! Big mistake by RFC
Academic. He has said the big city lights don't do it for him. Vic country boy Geelong was too big at first.
Ill fated stint with Malcolm Blight @ St Kilda Then the Gold Coast which size wise was a better fit for him than
Melb. We were bloody lucky to get him. He's said Adelaide's plenty big enough for him.
As for Burgess its true you guys chased him. He "claims" it was only ever going to be Port all we had to do was match
the other offers. True?.... well who knows, he had been with us before the o/s stint and the Liverpool experience.
He and the club at Kochie's urgings are starting up a fitness academy for what I think are gunna be big $'s to prospective
students/clients, with HECS like fees. May not be a flop,who knows.
Anyway guys good luck for the season 'cept v us :D

Port have beaten Carlton, Brisbane, Adelaide and West Coast. The one quality side they've met they've lost to.

Since their breakout last year they've won 17 and lost 12. In that same time we've won 17 and lost 11, including a 40 point hiding of them on their home deck.

They do look to have improved, and the manner of their wins has been impressive, but lets not go suckin their dicks just yet.

Port have beaten Carlton, Brisbane, Adelaide and West Coast. The one quality side they've met they've lost to.

Since their breakout last year they've won 17 and lost 12. In that same time we've won 17 and lost 11, including a 40 point hiding of them on their home deck.

They do look to have improved, and the manner of their wins has been impressive, but lets not go suckin their dicks just yet.

They also won a final. Against a finalist too btw.

More credit then us in the bank.

Yeah on a list basis I wouldn't be buying Port shares just yet.

The difference with them is every player has a crack, goes hard at every contest and they run all day... unlike our lazy soft players.

List wise, I prefer ours. Application wise, I'd take theirs.

They did, but I still think we would've beat anyone else apart from our bogey side last year ie Crows, Brisbane etc that came in.

You can't really say that though. Plus the bogey team excuse is a cop out.

Our players s**t their pants when the heat came on. In a final. Ports players didn't.

At the moment, they are playing better football than us too. How any of us can point our nose up at them is funny.

As I said, they have more credits in the bank.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anything really surprise you with hardwick?? He still thinks jake king is our barometer?? He obviously hasn't seenhow some of the younger kids have outperformed him since he's been dropped!
King is our barometer. He is sub standard and so are Richmond.

I am genuinely concerned for when Maric comes back.
As I understand it, we are still going to play Hampson. Christ help us.
This concerns me greatly. Unless it's against one of the WA sides I can't see it working. Plus I think Griff will have games where he goes cold playing as a forward. The ruck seems to spark him.

Think Port just drafting Wines/Wingard/Hartlett and brining in Ebert for pick 28 and Monfries as a FA had more to do with it.

You can't really say that though. Plus the bogey team excuse is a cop out.

Our players s**t their pants when the heat came on. In a final. Ports players didn't.

At the moment, they are playing better football than us too. How any of us can point our nose up at them is funny.

As I said, they have more credits in the bank.
I would've been confident that we would have beaten the crows or the lions if they had got in for the dons(as we have beaten them comfortably during the year.) Yes its hypothetical but so is shitting our pants too. All supposition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back