Israel, Palestine, and everything related

Remove this Banner Ad

Saddam was a first rate s**t, but I'm not sure this sort of thing would have been happening on his watch. As each year passes the Iraqi invasion becomes less and less justifiable. How can we claim to have made these people's lives better? At least in Afghanistan there seems to be some semblence of progress (and a national XI) albeit starting from a pretty low base under the Taliban.

Kurdish and Shi'ite tribes disagree, Rumsfeld didn't mind though.

Brother Cornell West goes into the Belly of the Beast: http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/hanni...hannity-debate-shooting-unarmed-teen-st-louis (its really about Israel)

I'm sorry Contra, but Hannity is a real struggle to read, I got this far

HANNITY: He said it's pathological. Here's what Israel is surrounded by. Hamas, their charter says obliterate Israel, and kill the Jews, that's what their charter says. Hezbollah, then you have Boko Haram. And then you have ISIS, ISIL. You've got Al Qaeda and Islamic Jihad. You have the Muslim Brotherhood. Surrounded by people that buy into the idea that there ought to be a worldwide caliphate, kill the Jews, destroy Israel, wipe it off the map, and I didn't even mention Iran. What are they to do but defend themselves?

It's just too hard to go further.

I'm sorry Contra, but Hannity is a real struggle to read, I got this far

HANNITY: He said it's pathological. Here's what Israel is surrounded by. Hamas, their charter says obliterate Israel, and kill the Jews, that's what their charter says. Hezbollah, then you have Boko Haram. And then you have ISIS, ISIL. You've got Al Qaeda and Islamic Jihad. You have the Muslim Brotherhood. Surrounded by people that buy into the idea that there ought to be a worldwide caliphate, kill the Jews, destroy Israel, wipe it off the map, and I didn't even mention Iran. What are they to do but defend themselves?

It's just too hard to go further.
those who do the popinjay propagandist for israel are just as bad as the charter. It is merely charter, they have proposed a 50yr truce, defacto recognition. Israel's Likud charter deny any state west of the jordan river so no state is considered by the Israeli gov't. So Hannity is just the filter for the propaganda and nothing more #lowAlTiDUdEflier

stuff indiividual agency at Fux when you r a one man echoe chamber for regev talking points

if I was a psychoanalyst i would be concerned about a State's demand for recognition when the have membership at the UN, yet (Likud) deny a future state west of the Jordan River for the Pals, somehow they are atavistically fulfilling Ben Gurion's concern about the future generations and epochs until the Pals forget.

For chrissakes, a nation with the Nobels per capita of Israel should not need affirmation. There brilliance is manifest. just stop the freekin wars. (sorry, not wars and conflicts and clashes, lets be real, massacres)

we luv the idiom of brother Cornell and comrade Contra dont we evo

I still get joyous paroxysms on brother evo's ditty on the characters of SRP. I am not sure if i took that as a slight or a compliment to be excepted

Cornel Wests Doctoral thesis at Harvard was "the ethical dimensions of Marxism"- he is old school

Contra Mundum skilts

the ironic thing is there's been muslims fighting each other in the middle east for decades killing each other. but as soon as israel returns fire after being attacked by hamas rockets they are committing mass genocide and it is front page news. It is all a bit absurd really. Apparently the right thing for israel to do is just let hamas attack them and not do a thing.

the ironic thing is there's been muslims fighting each other in the middle east for decades killing each other. but as soon as israel returns fire after being attacked by hamas rockets they are committing mass genocide and it is front page news. It is all a bit absurd really. Apparently the right thing for israel to do is just let hamas attack them and not do a thing.
Do you have a single original thought in your head, or do you just regurgitate every piece of propaganda given to you by certain parties in the msm?

66193_10153451119582316_1491781355364150180_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, the Left don't care anyway.
How come you have not given Us a rant about the Christians in Mosul - apparently "the Left" don't care about them either. Nor do we care about the Kirds, we don't give a * about the Yazidis, could not care less about the Ukranians either - the entire focus of the Guardian and fair fax press is in fact designed to insinuate that the protocols of Zion are a great idea and that our fellow traveller Hitler had a few good ideas _ I am so glad that the Andrew Bolt Blog is so damned honest and informative

KUDOS 'LILLIAN':thumbsu:

6h13md.jpg

As it happened, one night I decided to Google ''graphic images of Gaza''. The pictures I was seeing were beyond belief. A torso of a child. Now a massive piece of charcoal. Eyes and mouth fused. Forever silenced. That burnt face could have been my daughter. The teenage boy trapped under rubble could have been my son. I was seeing my children's faces on these lifeless bodies. These lifeless bodies that had not chosen to live in Gaza. To be born into captivity. Into a place where there was no option of flying out if the pressure got too intense. No bomb shelters to hide in as the rockets rained down from above. I was no longer an Israeli. I was a mother. A mother looking at dead children. The shame covered me from head to toe.

http://bit.ly/1rH0PcY

Surprise, surprise the age publishes yet another pro-pal/anti-Israeli piece. Yawn.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so nothing against the writer of this article,but the age (and most other aus media) are only publishing one opinion, one side or one specific snapshot (strikes on gaza) whilst ignoring the whole chain of events (pal support Hamas which enacts terrorism and calls for death of a ppl, leads to rockets, which leads to Israeli response).

Ironic that israeli citizens are alowed to voice their opinion whether they are for or against the gov, but when Palestinians voice concern or are against Hamas they are immediately executed.

http://www.i24news.tv/en/mobile#content/38508

http://www.i24news.tv/en/mobile#content/3122

When will the age publish an article about this? When will they publish an article on the hamas corruption and mistreatment of their own people? When will they publish an article on Hamas's murderous intentions? Does it not sell? I won't hold my breath.

They have no problem condemning similar jihadist extremists, boko haram, ISIS.. Why the double standard?

Quite strange and concerning.

Surprise, surprise the age publishes yet another pro-pal/anti-Israeli piece. Yawn.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so nothing against the writer of this article,but the age (and most other aus media) are only publishing one opinion, one side or one specific snapshot (strikes on gaza) whilst ignoring the whole chain of events (pal support Hamas which enacts terrorism and calls for death of a ppl, leads to rockets, which leads to Israeli response).

Ironic that israeli citizens are alowed to voice their opinion whether they are for or against the gov, but when Palestinians voice concern or are against Hamas they are immediately executed.

http://www.i24news.tv/en/mobile#content/38508

http://www.i24news.tv/en/mobile#content/3122

When will the age publish an article about this? When will they publish an article on the hamas corruption and mistreatment of their own people? When will they publish an article on Hamas's murderous intentions? Does it not sell? I won't hold my breath.

They have no problem condemning similar jihadist extremists, boko haram, ISIS.. Why the double standard?

Quite strange and concerning.
I'd suggest the media coverage in this country is overwhelmingly pro Israeli, both in news coverage and opinion writing.

Matches the enormous power differential in the conflict. A David and Goliath match.

Rather than shoot the messenger. Heed the content.

I'd suggest the media coverage in this country is overwhelmingly pro Israeli, both in news coverage and opinion writing.

Matches the enormous power differential in the conflict. A David and Goliath match.

Rather than shoot the messenger. Heed the content.

Not trying to shoot the messenger (apologies if you took it that way).. But which ones do you think are pro Israeli?

The guardian, fairfax and smh, ABC as well as the 60 minutes segment on the conflict have all been remarkably pro pal/anti Israeli.

These outlets have only focused on the death count, released pictures of the dead and injured gazans and suggested Israel are committing war crimes. Very one sided.

From what I've seen, I'd say the only pro Israeli media voice has been bolt (probably more for his anti Muslim stance though) and the Australian has been pretty 'balanced'.

Pictures of dead Palestinians sells more than anything, and they continuously print articles focusing on this whilst ignoring the entire chain leading to the event. For example, Hamas fire rockets countless times from a mosque, they fire them intending to kill Israeli civilians, they then take shelter in the mosque, Israel blows up the mosque and the headline is 'Israel targets civilian mosque'. Consequently, these articles are taken out of context and leads to misdirection of the situation.

Not trying to shoot the messenger (apologies if you took it that way).. But which ones do you think are pro Israeli?

The guardian, fairfax and smh, ABC as well as the 60 minutes segment on the conflict have all been remarkably pro pal/anti Israeli.

These outlets have only focused on the death count, released pictures of the dead and injured gazans and suggested Israel are committing war crimes. Very one sided.

From what I've seen, I'd say the only pro Israeli media voice has been bolt (probably more for his anti Muslim stance though) and the Australian has been pretty 'balanced'.

Pictures of dead Palestinians sells more than anything, and they continuously print articles focusing on this whilst ignoring the entire chain leading to the event. For example, Hamas fire rockets countless times from a mosque, they fire them intending to kill Israeli civilians, they then take shelter in the mosque, Israel blows up the mosque and the headline is 'Israel targets civilian mosque'. Consequently, these articles are taken out of context and leads to misdirection of the situation.

Is it about pro & anti Israel? Or is it about some balance in the reporting? I think most news outlets still live in the old age where they at least try to show aspects of both sides of the issue.
For some, thats not good enough. The Gardian & Murdoch have been too partisan really. The ABC have interviewed all sides of the conflict. IMO they have been fair. I guess its easy to show the death & destruction in Gaza as against a few small holes in the ground in Israel. Thats the TV facts of the matter.

If you see the Israeli response as being appropriate then you would see bias. Its just that the majority dont see it as a an appropriate response. Most see the longer term issues need to be addressed. Its not just to go back to 'business as usual' as Fox news see it.

Indeed if the argument is that if the 'tension' is eased by enabling the airport, ports, & thus business & trade to grow, the role of Hamas would be slowly dissolve. The nasties in ISIS & Hamas, are in the end, self limiting. If you keep trying to kill people they will eventually get sick of it.

If the people have hope & work, family life & a future beyond the never ending cycle of destruction, then they wont be so keen to be martyrs.

Apologies not required.

Every
News Corp publication. In addition to Bolt. Akerman, Sheridan, Kenny, Shanahan, Henderson, Albrechtsen, Devine, Panihi, McCrann , Savva, Richardson..............

Then there's MacQuarie with the likes of Hadley, Jones, Smith, Price.............

Don't think Fairfax is nearly as pro Palestine as you suggest. Especially their radio interests. 3AW and 2UE in particular which are very pro- Israel

Think the ABC has been quite balanced.

The influence of the AIJC and its fellow travellers is so pervasive that rarely do you get columnists prepared to write stories that are very critical of Israel. As Jill Singer, Terry Lane and now Mike Carlton have found to their cost. It's probably why Lillian, the compassionate Israeli mum, chose not to reveal her identity.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back