Jacinta Allan - 49th Victorian Premier.

Remove this Banner Ad

Commonwealth Games boss Jeroen Weimar scored a generous exit payout after the event was axed just months before he landed a new $500,000 government job.
The Allan government on Monday could not reveal the exact details of Mr Weimar’s exit package, believed to be about $160,000, but said it was in line with standard termination deals for executive-level bureaucrats.

Mr Weimar, who earned more than $500,000 a year as the chief executive of the Victoria 2026 organising committee, was one of a number of staff members to secure a termination package according to evidence before the Victorian parliamentary inquiry probing the cancelled event.
Yet there is supposedly a rule that you can't get another government gig within 12 months of a payout, I guess one rule for normal public servants and another for pollies and their mates

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I mean, the fat is in the massive expansion of middle and upper management of the public service that has taken place since the 2014 election. For 20 years the VPS stood as an ideally shaped organisation: narrow at the top and wider at the bottom. The increase in ongoing wages in the VPS since that time has been significantly inflated by the addition of needless Directors, Executive Directors and Deputy Secretaries on massive pay, none of them delivering a service to the public. The CPSU represent those public servants largely at lower pay grades, and as such, are not the problem.
CPSU leadership represents themselves and the ALP, there is a reason they have largely been abandoned by workers because they just let workers get screwed by the ALP and senior crats and are ignored by Libs. Look at thr recent terrible fed agreement, drag it out until people are desperate enough to accept anything especially after only getting 2% in 2022 and 3% in 23 as inflation sky-rocketed (whilst cutting allowances and increasing costs like parking at work)

Absolutely! Full disclosure, I was the beneficiary of such expenditure for a while. One guy I worked with made partner at a Big 4 accounting firm purely based off the amount of work he was able to generate within a particular government department (and on a single, specific area within that department). At a minimum that would need to be between $2m-$3m per annum.
We had a senior crat who awarded a contract to a big 4, then went on a foreign secondment with the same company and helped them write responses to govt tenders, then went back and did the tender decision for those contracts and left to work with the same company two months later. Project status is now six years late and at least 10 billion over budget but being hidden by rescopes (descoping in reality) and rebadging

Libs are so bd there’s no credible alternative, and while this govts policies have been good, and the big FU to the gutter press is admirable, there is a major drawback.

Management of the VPS is atrocious and there are many stories like the one above, but a lowly VPS is told they can’t even accept a free coffee from a supplier, and low level procurements have a disproportionate amount of red tape, far more then the annual cost, but big items seem to have no constraints.

PS its not that much different under the libs

Sorry are you doing the 120k is close to 80k thing?

Look at the available pay ranges for cops vs teachers, nurses or ambos and you'll see a disparity
I interpreted it more as a reference to his earlier post about new rookie constables on $75k a year vs the office admin types on $80k for a significant difference in workload and stress

CPSU leadership represents themselves and the ALP, there is a reason they have largely been abandoned by workers because they just let workers get screwed by the ALP and senior crats and are ignored by Libs. Look at thr recent terrible fed agreement, drag it out until people are desperate enough to accept anything especially after only getting 2% in 2022 and 3% in 23 as inflation sky-rocketed (whilst cutting allowances and increasing costs like parking at work)

The CPSU have no clout inside the ALP. They don't achieve results for their members like the CFMEU does for its members, but I'm not sure there is much that can be done about that. There is always a political pressure around widescale pay increases for "bureaucrats". So they get snookered by a wide range of factors largely outside of their own control.

But my point remains the same: there is plenty of money to save in the VPS, and little of it is related to the workers the CPSU represents.

Some teachers, most are well and truly overpaid and working in a system that doesn't reward the hard working teachers that the others rely on for their reputation.

Lol overpaid based on what

Some teachers, most are well and truly overpaid and working in a system that doesn't reward the hard working teachers that the others rely on for their reputation.

what do you consider overpaid?

For better or worse, the Baillieu government tried to introduce performance pay for teachers, and the AEU, in their EBA negotiations in 2012-2013, traded away almost every other claim to avoid performance pay, because they knew that meant the end of the AEU in Victoria.

Lol overpaid based on what
On the basis that there is no mechanisms to reward teachers who perform better than others... If you've been a teacher for 5 years and are clearly the best teacher in your school (using whatever metrics you like) you're still getting paid the same as the 5 year teacher who rocks up at 8:55am, p***es off at 3:35pm and does the absolute minimum required to perform their assigned role.

On the basis that there is no mechanisms to reward teachers who perform better than others... If you've been a teacher for 5 years and are clearly the best teacher in your school (using whatever metrics you like) you're still getting paid the same as the 5 year teacher who rocks up at 8:55am, p***es off at 3:35pm and does the absolute minimum required to perform their assigned role.
wasn't asking you though was I given it wasn't you that made the claim to begin with

and again how does that make someone overpaid

what you're complaining about is that better teachers don't get paid more

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wasn't asking you though was I given it wasn't you that made the claim to begin with

and again how does that make someone overpaid

what you're complaining about is that better teachers don't get paid more
Does it really matter who is giving the answer? Bit nitpicky wouldn't you say?

It makes someone overpaid if they are automatically given an increase in pay level every year even if they are doing the bare minimum to perform their job (for the first TEN years of their career). And underpays teachers who outperform their cohort.

Does it really matter who is giving the answer? Bit nitpicky wouldn't you say?

It makes someone overpaid if they are automatically given an increase in pay level every year even if they are doing the bare minimum to perform their job (for the first TEN years of their career). And underpays teachers who outperform their cohort.
no it absolutely matters given I wanted to know why that person thinks the majority of teachers are overpaid, you know, because they made that statement

do you know why they think the majority of teachers are overpaid

do you agree that the majority of teachers are overpaid

and no increasing pay automatically every year does not automatically make someone overpaid, there is this thing called inflation, you might have read about it recently, that means if you aren't increasing pay annually people are actually getting paid less than they used to

and sorry the bare minimum to perform your job is what you get paid for

its literally your job

no it absolutely matters given I wanted to know why that person thinks the majority of teachers are overpaid, you know, because they made that statement

do you know why they think the majority of teachers are overpaid

do you agree that the majority of teachers are overpaid

and no increasing pay automatically every year does not automatically make someone overpaid, there is this thing called inflation, you might have read about it recently, that means if you aren't increasing pay annually people are actually getting paid less than they used to

and sorry the bare minimum to perform your job is what you get paid for

its literally your job
The pay level increase is ON TOP of the annual CPI increase, and annual position allowance.

If you perform the bare minimum you shouldn't be entitled to climb the pay scale based on "experience" at the same rate as someone who is actually good at their job.

The pay level increase is ON TOP of the annual CPI increase, and annual position allowance.

If you perform the bare minimum you shouldn't be entitled to climb the pay scale based on "experience" at the same rate as someone who is actually good at their job.
so you think people that are doing their job shouldn't be entitled to pay rises

or you think the people doing more should be entitled to better pay rises

because they are two very different things

and if there is no mechanism for the second then you should be whinging about underpaid teachers not overpaid teachers

and if there is no mechanism for the second then you should be whinging about underpaid teachers not overpaid teachers
Where did I say people don't deserve pay rises? There are 2 mechanisms within the EBA that are used (as they should be) to provide general pay rises to all (CPI indexation and annual position allowance). Again, you're hearing what you want to hear and showing that you don't actually understand how teachers are remunerated.

There is a mechanism to recognise good performance that isn't being used properly. Rather that progressing high performing staff up the pay scale, which would give them a pay rise compared to underperforming staff in the same cohort, everyone gets bumped up each year regardless of performance (unless they are subject to a formal performance management plan).

Do you believe that people who are doing the bare minimum in their role deserver to climb the pay scale (as opposed to just receiving a pay rise to account for inflation)?

Where did I say people don't deserve pay rises?
you literally replied to a post where I was asking someone who said most teachers were overpaid what they meant

and this is why I said I wasn't asking you

so seeing as you joined that conversation

do you think most teachers are overpaid?
There are 2 mechanisms within the EBA that are used (as they should be) to provide general pay rises to all (CPI indexation and annual position allowance). Again, you're hearing what you want to hear and showing that you don't actually understand how teachers are remunerated.
mate you're the one whinging about teachers getting paid too much which sorry don't agree, you can justify it however you want but I think on the whole the profession is underpaid for the importance of the work to society

There is a mechanism to recognise good performance that isn't being used properly.
so complain about that instead of complaining that teachers are being overpaid
Rather that progressing high performing staff up the pay scale, which would give them a pay rise compared to underperforming staff in the same cohort, everyone gets bumped up each year regardless of performance (unless they are subject to a formal performance management plan).
oh now we're moved from doing the job to under performing
Do you believe that people who are doing the bare minimum in their role deserver to climb the pay scale (as opposed to just receiving a pay rise to account for inflation)?
no we've moved back to doing the job

people who do the job should get compensated for doing the job, the bar should not be exceeding the role requirements, it should be meeting them

if you are meeting the role requirements and you are spending time in the job gaining experience and the policy is that you go up a scale then you go up a scale

again you are complaining that people who do the job get paid too much because you think they should get less than some other teachers, instead why not push for those teachers to get more?

anyway

I've got actual work to do

I think he is talking about the band increases which occur purely due to seniority (we have this to an extent in medical, though responsibilities do tend to increase as well). However I’d also say trying to define and measure metrics for education would be complex and difficult

I mean, the fat is in the massive expansion of middle and upper management of the public service that has taken place since the 2014 election. For 20 years the VPS stood as an ideally shaped organisation: narrow at the top and wider at the bottom. The increase in ongoing wages in the VPS since that time has been significantly inflated by the addition of needless Directors, Executive Directors and Deputy Secretaries on massive pay, none of them delivering a service to the public. The CPSU represent those public servants largely at lower pay grades, and as such, are not the problem.
For once I agree.

Unfortunately for the Premier, the true voice of the people has spoken.
Still not confirmed whether this view extends to purveyors of cocaine or not.

Attachments

• IMG_9291.jpeg
    IMG_9291.jpeg
    126.2 KB · Views: 42
Senator Daniel Andrews?

Allan has to replace the recently deceased Victorian Senator
Does ol mate really want to hop back on the wagon?

You'd think they'd have fairly prepared criteria. Someone who Linda White approved of/is known to the electorate. Same faction. Similar union support and likely a woman.

But who knows, stranger things have happened.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back