Traded Jack Higgins [Traded to St Kilda with #21 and a Future 4th Round Pick for #17 and a Future 2nd Round Pick]

Who won this trade?

• Richmond

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Good player. Assuming it is St Kilda, it is an interesting match given they are already well stocked for that type of player.

Discussed on trade radio
Comparing Higgins and Kayne Turner when discussing NM as a potential landing spot.

They thought Higgins impacts the scoreboard much more.
Interesting that both have 0.7 goals and 0.6 goal assists per game.

Was surprised how low that was for Higgins in a dominant team.
Caveat that Higgins played 10 games this year in a shortened game season.

Little bit sad now that it's announced. Love the guy and wish him well. Unfortunate that the brain setback stalled his career as I reckon he'd have been pretty established by now in the side.

I have no idea what we will trade him for. You'd think we'd have something reasonable coming back given there was no desperate need to offload him, sounds like we were the ones to shop him a bit so you don't go out and shop a player for unders.

Good player. Assuming it is St Kilda, it is an interesting match given they are already well stocked for that type of player.
Kent and Lonie are both average footballers.

Butler, Gresham and Higgins would be a strong forward brigade with the latter two being able to rotate on ball.

Future second? Or is that a bit low?

On SM-N985F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Assuming Saints are top 6 again which I think they will be, I reckon it's still a little bit low considering it would be about pick 35 or 40 with academy picks pushing it back?
I hope we don't let decent players go any longer for picks in the 50s and 60s.

He's an instant upgrade on Lonie (who will most likely leave now), Kent and Hind. Given how well Butler has done for us from richmond i'd be happy to have him. Finally getting some back after the campaigners gave us Fiora & Polo

Assuming Saints are top 6 again which I think they will be, I reckon it's still a little bit low considering it would be about pick 35 or 40 with academy picks pushing it back?
I hope we don't let decent players go any longer for picks in the 50s and 60s.
Maybe st kilda splits pick 15 into 2 picks in the 20's (ports 26 and 29 for example) and sends the higher pick to richmond that trade could work well.

Keeps a healthy trading relationship between st kilda and richmond and Jack can play for his childhood club and get consistant footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe st kilda splits pick 15 into 2 picks in the 20's (ports 26 and 29 for example) and sends the higher pick to richmond that trade could work well.

Keeps a healthy trading relationship between st kilda and richmond and Jack can play for his childhood club and get consistant footy.
That mean we must then use our first round pick next year as we've traded the last two out.

Next years 2nd would be better for us and probably Richmond considering how far this years will be pushed back.

That mean we must then use our first round pick next year as we've traded the last two out.

Next years 2nd would be better for us and probably Richmond considering how far this years will be pushed back.

Next years 2nd probably isn't going to be enough though.

Maybe that and a swap of our 1st rounders (St Kilda still gets to have used a 1st this way too).

Honestly, even that is on the low side (IMHO) but I can't really see how St Kilda can find the currency.

I doubt it.

Possibly something slightly more valuable but I can't see how he gets Richmond much more than a mid 2nd round pick.

You'd have to consider next years St Kilda 2nd to be a late 2nd, and a year away (which drops it's value further).

So even by your assessment of his value, you need to do better. (and I value him higher than that)

Plenty of talent this kid.

His goal/game is low because he played a lot more midfield time in 2019/2020.

Brain surgery really impacted his fitness/form. Game sort of changed a bit while he was out.

I would back him in to be a good mid/foward again with a proper pre-season and some more game time.

No space at RFC with Bolton, Castagna, Rioli etc.

Pick 58 from Saints isn't going to get it done IMO. Would be asking for pick 15 in exchange for Higgins + pick 31 as a starting price.

You have to be kidding, Some yokel on the Marlion Pickett page said he would be happy to let him go for 50-60 pick but a guy who didn't play in the finals and Tiger fans are demanding top dollar. You guys need to be more consistent.

Back